2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

And....he hasn't signed yet.

Might as well have. Guys don't change their minds much like football recruits when they commit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Might as well have. Guys don't change their minds much like football recruits when they commit.

Just great....I think you told me that last yr or the year prior.   Well, I will hope we land the next target!   Thx E

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Just great....I think you told me that last yr or the year prior.   Well, I will hope we land the next target!   Thx E.

You're welcome friend

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

UNC might not have used it, but many others were and it made him rethink things. 

Interestingly this happens the same day it is announced Kansas (blue blood) is expected to get hammered. 

Surely the new blood will get it worse ...

On 9/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, ellitor said:

High 4* C from the 2021 class reclassifying...

Think Pearl suspected he was losing Kessler?

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Think Pearl suspected he was losing Kessler?

Given WK was scheduled to visit AU this weekend I doubt it.

• Like 1

I see Cliff Omoruyi is a target of ours now that Kessler is off the board. I want this guy badly. He's a freak. Imagine him with a savvy passing PG like Cooper (fingers still crossed we get Rife)

• Like 2

I suddenly feel a lot less confident about Cooper than I did last week.  Getting to the Final Four has helped CBP get OVs from the elites but when it gets down to signing time the blue bloods usually win.

1 hour ago, autan said:

I suddenly feel a lot less confident about Cooper than I did last week.  Getting to the Final Four has helped CBP get OVs from the elites but when it gets down to signing time the blue bloods usually win.

I'm full pessimist but hoping for the best. We have seen this in football many times. A kid we expect to get but doesn't commit and then "shocks the world" by going with a "business" decision.  As a child of the 80's I have zero faith in the NCAA being fair and treating AU equal to the protected programs that will get quick and merciful reviews.  The impact on recruiting will undermine the tourney success. The NCAA is going to string along an investigation at AU and then bend us over. Proof and intent be damned.  I fully expect AU to finish behind UK, UT, UF, LSU, UGA and maybe UAT in class rankings. If we do better then great and that will just demonstrate how amazing our coaches are. The good news is we know Bruce can take lesser talent and win big. The bad news is AU did so well last year that Bama is going to acquire a top recruiting class. 

So yeah I know I'm being a pessimist but I'm also a product of the experiences of the past. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I'm full pessimist but hoping for the best. We have seen this in football many times. A kid we expect to get but doesn't commit and then "shocks the world" by going with a "business" decision.  As a child of the 80's I have zero faith in the NCAA being fair and treating AU equal to the protected programs that will get quick and merciful reviews.  The impact on recruiting will undermine the tourney success. The NCAA is going to string along an investigation at AU and then bend us over. Proof and intent be damned.  I fully expect AU to finish behind UK, UT, UF, LSU, UGA and maybe UAT in class rankings. If we do better then great and that will just demonstrate how amazing our coaches are. The good news is we know Bruce can take lesser talent and win big. The bad news is AU did so well last year that Bama is going to acquire a top recruiting class. 

So yeah I know I'm being a pessimist but I'm also a product of the experiences of the past. 

Not sure what in the world we could get in trouble for now, but let's say we do. Auburn has put out a statement that basically tells the NCAA "we know you're gonna screw with us..... don't screw with us..." I just wonder what our compliance department would do. I really hope we wouldn't just lay down and take our penalty. 

The biggest damage the NCCA could do to Auburn is what they are doing. Not letting us know if there penalties and if they are what they are. The longer the NCAA does nothing the better chance we lose players we are recruiting because those players are scared of what that the penalty if any will be.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The biggest damage the NCCA could do to Auburn is what they are doing. Not letting us know if there penalties and if they are what they are. The longer the NCAA does nothing the better chance we lose players we are recruiting because those players are scared of what that the penalty if any will be.  

Amen, this class was locked months ago.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, autan said:

There is no 2nd place team for him right now FWIW. It's all AU.

3 minutes ago, autan said:

Then why hasn't he committed?  That may have helped our situation with Kessler but maybe not.

He isnt the only instance of an athlete holding like this in this sport (or football either). Id say its like a better Pickens situation where I think he really just wants to enjoy the recruiting process. If UGA didnt slide GP that bag he wouldve been a 90% lock. Sharfie is like a 99% lock, so itd take something crazy from UK IMO. We also have enough of his HS friends here/committed, so I dont know if losing out on one is a huge factor.

for all the downers here, I do think theres some truth to this, at one time, looking like the best AU class ever, but all those projections came before this NCAA news. I think that ruined mostly everything.

I don’t like to do the conspiracy thing ... I don’t think it’s even about auburn as much as I think certain people want to stick it to Pearl.  What could possibly be holding this Ncaa stuff up.  I still hope that this supposed letter is a “time already served” type thing and sitting on it this long is a “hidden” penalty.

Edited by mustache eagle

8 hours ago, autan said:

Then why hasn't he committed?

Hasn't felt ready yet per reports. Supposedly coming soon though. I think the staff is hoping & expecting this weekend with the Final 4 ring ceremony.

8 hours ago, autan said:

That may have helped our situation with Kessler but maybe not.

Jordan Powell is the one who's good friends with WK.

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think that ruined mostly everything.

Remains to be seen. The bar isn't very high to still yet becoming AU's best class ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

What could possibly be holding this Ncaa stuff up.

It's the NCAA. They are mind numbingly slow sometimes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere, but Jason Caldwell said Sharife was on campus Tuesday and watched the first day of practice. 

Expected back Saturday too.