2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:
12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Thankfully, with that being the case, they'll have to ease up on resources devoted to some of their other top choices (which mirror ours) and we can accordingly push harder

Why?

Agreed on the why. Makes no sense. Recruiting resources is not spear out in basketball like football so basketball staffs can go even more balls to the walls after thei recruits than football can.

I am of the opinion that getting Kessler will be kinda like a trophy for them. For years, they've bled in state recruits to Pearl and Crean's value comes in recruiting. It'd be a bad look if they lost their crown jewel, a guy that could be a perfect successor to Claxton, to further this trend. That's how I look at it, it's not some professional opinion or anything lol

His head - auburn - CBP will utilize his skill set and provide a family atmosphere on the way to the nba

vs

his heart - dawgs - his family school

come on, listen to your melon!

54 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I am of the opinion that getting Kessler will be kinda like a trophy for them. For years, they've bled in state recruits to Pearl and Crean's value comes in recruiting. It'd be a bad look if they lost their crown jewel, a guy that could be a perfect successor to Claxton, to further this trend. That's how I look at it, it's not some professional opinion or anything lol

Bad look yes but with everything else UGA is doing in recruiting it won't matter if the players get developed well.

I’d love to get Kessler but I’m still suspicious that Bruce will ever be able to lure a 5 star big man. It’s just not apart of his system and there’s too much negative recruiting working against him. But we’ll see I guess

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bad look yes but with everything else UGA is doing in recruiting it won't matter if the players get developed well.

either way, Id trade Kessler for Boston guaranteed and a higher chance at Springer or someone else 

We'll see what happens though 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They just sighed the number two recruit in the nation. They’re recruiting is well under way. If Kessler doesn’t go to Auburn, I hope he goes to Duke. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They just sighed the number two recruit in the nation. They’re recruiting is well under way. If Kessler doesn’t go to Auburn, I hope he goes to Duke. 

They havent signed or gotten any commits in the 2020 class. The status I've adorned Kessler with would have no relevance with that of a guy they get from an earlier year. I know who you're referring to, but one guy doesnt break the trend we've had, and that trend is seaming through the 2019 class to the 2020 class. Auburn is getting the gems in the rough under them and going above to make (nearly) every top end recruit from there a battle until NSD. 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The status I've adorned Kessler with would have no relevance with that of a guy they get from an earlier year. I know who you're referring to, but one guy doesnt break the trend we've had, and that trend is seaming through the 2019 class to the 2020 class

He was from in state and the top SG in the country. He is by far their jewel of the 2019 class. Kessler would be a great get being top 16 recruit as well. More than likely that would amount to nothing in regards to the recruiting trends. Georgia will get theirs, Auburn will get theirs. Like have to remember even if we miss on Kessler we are still in on Shariffe and others from Georgia. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

He was from in state and the top SG in the country. He is by far their jewel of the 2019 class. Kessler would be a great get being top 16 recruit as well. More than likely that would amount to nothing in regards to the recruiting trends. Georgia will get theirs, Auburn will get theirs. Like have to remember even if we miss on Kessler we are still in on Shariffe and others from Georgia. 

UGA really has to screw up not to land the #2 guy.  He really wanted to just go to UGA.  I’m surprised UGA hasn’t been negatively recruited on by showing the video of Crean throwing his guys under the bus after a loss saying “These aren’t my guys.”

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

UGA really has to screw up not to land the #2 guy.  He really wanted to just go to UGA.  I’m surprised UGA hasn’t been negatively recruited on by showing the video of Crean throwing his guys under the bus after a loss saying “These aren’t my guys.”

A lot of recruits from 2020 to 2022 are saying they love how Bruce coaches and always has his players back. Even saw former players like Anthony Mason Jr and Laron Smith praising him as a mentor and as coaches. I know I’d love to play for someone like Bruce. Having that kind of reputation as a coach will serve Bruce and Auburn well. 

Edited by aujeff11

33 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Fam...Kessler isn’t in the 2019 class

This Anthony Edwards fella is from the 2019 class and I specifically spoke on how the 2019 class can be a wash and not break the trend we are currently in, because we are currently looking towards the 2020 class lol 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Fam...Kessler isn’t in the 2019 class

I know this. Anthony Edwards is 2019. Georgia’s first crown jewel.

Kessler is 2020, just like Shariffe...which I pointed out. 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I specifically spoke on how the 2019 class can be a wash and not break the trend we are currently in

I still don’t know how Kessler’s recruitment has anything to do with our trend of recruiting Georgia. lol. We lead for Shariffe. We are in it with Boston. We are in it with Rongie which does AAU in Georgia. 

You have in your mind that Kessler joining Georgia will effectively lock down the state or something and that’s not the case. 

Secondly, I don’t see how getting an in-state player ranked number 2 in the country is not a trophy for them but getting an in-state player ranked number 16 is. The number 2 player is the highest rated recruit they’ve ever signed.

Edited by aujeff11

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I still don’t know how Kessler’s recruitment has anything to do with our trend of recruiting Georgia. lol. We lead for Shariffe. We are in it with Boston. We are in it with Rongie which does AAU in Georgia. 

You have in your mind that Kessler joining Georgia will effectively lock down the state or something and that’s not the case. 

You’re starting to get what I’m saying, which is why I don’t understand why you wanted an argument. If we’re dusting it up with all these top end in state recruits, and have been for years, aside for maybe 2019, which is a wash, then it’s a bad look for Crean, who is a recruiting ace. He can still build great rosters with other guys and only get the occasional UGA stud, but losing Georgia has a two fold effect. Locking it down gives him a base, which every recruiting ace wants; football, basketball, soccer whatever. It also bleeds your rival (Auburn) of their primary source of talent. That trend has to matter to them

Most of the guys UGA is going up against us for, are guys we had stock in before Crean or just as long as he’s been there. But this Kessler cat, this guy has the makings of a Georgia lean his entire life, like that Edwards guy. It should hurt at a higher level for them to lose him 

I’m not a basketball recruiting expert by any means, but there’s a real chance that the Georgia hoops circuit is rising to the fore front, if not already there. It’s a bad look for someone else, with that someone being a primary rival, having just as much stock as you in that boom when it’s in your back yard 

again, just my two cents 

18 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I’m still suspicious that Bruce will ever be able to lure a 5 star big man

Austin Wiley says hi. He was a 5* in the original class he was in. The only reason he didn't end up a 5* was moving up a class. Recruit rankings almost always drop when a kid reclassifies.

Kessler also isn't a traditional, back to the basket big man.

This is a kid who's game is predicated on stretching the floor from what it looks like. He won't be getting a ton touches on the block in our system if he comes here.

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I rivlas.com national recruiting analyst, Corey Evans, just gave his equivalent of a crystal ball pick of Auburn for that kid Justin Powell

They call it a "FutureCast."

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/justin-powell-208708

Really good shooter. Tyler Herro/Kyle Guy esque type of play. 

26 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

They call it a "FutureCast."

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/justin-powell-208708

Really good shooter. Tyler Herro/Kyle Guy esque type of play. 

@ 6'5",  it'll be nice having a SG able to see and shoot over taller defenders. He has an effortless stroke.

• Like 1