2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Do you suspect that is a reaction to Jaden getting a CB to Auburn?  

Just seems with the timing, that CB is related.

I thought Brown's CB actually came before Jaden's latest CB.

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

Do you suspect that is a reaction to Jaden getting a CB to Auburn?  

Just seems with the timing, that CB is related.

Them getting crystal balls for different teams would have them unrelated since they are at different positions.

18 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I thought Brown's CB actually came before Jaden's latest CB.

Well there are multiple CBs aren't there.    I am probably mistaken.   

Either way, it's a great position to be in.

22 minutes ago, boomstick said:

YOU FREAKING LOVE TO SEE AND HEAR IT BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!!!!! I REALLY REALLY LIKE YA NOW!!!!!!!!! lol. Have not heard any Greg Brown and AU news in awhile!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING LOVE IT!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jalen Green AND Greg Brown added to this class has always been muhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dream outcome of how we close out this class!!!

dfsdfs.gif

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

YOU FREAKING LOVE TO SEE AND HEAR IT BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!!!!! I REALLY REALLY LIKE YA NOW!!!!!!!!! lol. Have not heard any Greg Brown and AU news in awhile!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKING LOVE IT!!!! LFG BAY BAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jalen Green AND Greg Brown added to this class has always been muhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dream outcome of how we close out this class!!!

dfsdfs.gif

E5554DC7-EDC1-4E4C-B868-8D15ED53B420.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Samau said:

It’s good to hear Bruce is visiting Greg Brown! He must still be in play. )

He’s always been in play but we’re still a longshot

Of all the names floating around for big men that AU is recruiting, I hear very little about this guy Dylan Cardwell. i just watched several minutes of video on him, and what am I missing about teams recruiting him? He would be one helluva' consolation prize. I did read where Cooper says he is recruiting him, but very little from other sources. Is he not interested in AU or something?

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m sure you are right about this but don’t you think “if” we get Green this would also help us get Brown? 

22 minutes ago, Samau said:

I’m sure you are right about this but don’t you think “if” we get Green this would also help us get Brown? 

If not those two, we at least get Orange...

• Haha 4

24/7 post says we might ought to watch the GT portal. Its VIP and I don't know the rules for commenting on stuff like that on here, so I won't say who or where he is from. I did watch video, though. Its encouraging,to say the least

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

In bball recruiting you truly are never a long shot. I still think we get some combination of 2 more blue chip recruits this cycle. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Of all the names floating around for big men that AU is recruiting, I hear very little about this guy. i just watched several minutes of video on him, and what am I missing about teams recruiting him? He would be one helluva' consolation prize. I did read where Cooper says he is recruiting him, but very little from other sources. Is he not interested in AU or something?

We are likely focusing a large portion of our resources on Jalen Green and Greg Brown as of right now, as well as 2021 guys. We have likely kept in touch with him, and I would be shocked not to see him come to Auburn if we were to miss on Cliff and Brown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Of all the names floating around for big men that AU is recruiting, I hear very little about this guy. i just watched several minutes of video on him, and what am I missing about teams recruiting him? He would be one helluva' consolation prize. I did read where Cooper says he is recruiting him, but very little from other sources. Is he not interested in AU or something?

He's a down the line guy behind at least Big Cliff & Adama Santiago if he reclassifies.

3 hours ago, Samau said:

but don’t you think “if” we get Green this would also help us get Brown?

No necessarily but obviously wouldn't hurt.

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

24/7 post says we might ought to watch the GT portal. Its VIP and I don't know the rules for commenting on stuff like that on here, so I won't say who or where he is from. I did watch video, though. Its encouraging,to say the least

@doverstutts when making posts of this sort please also post the link so those with VIP access can read it. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What do you mean?

Exactly what it says. Texas is fading and if you read their 247 board they are not as confident they get him anymore. Kentucky seems to have conceded him as well. Leaves us and Memphis. Memphis is Def the favorite now. Buuuuuut I think we will look back at this class as some of the best closes and most clutch closing time recruiting in AU crutin history for any sport!!!! But I'm still going to knock on wood just in case!!!  Lol #supersticiousprobs

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Exactly what it says. Texas is fading and if you read their 247 board they are not as confident they get him anymore. Kentucky seems to have conceded him as well.

Interesting & thanks. You gotta start posting these type nuggets more often without me having to fish them out of you. lol

Hooks said a while back Texas was fading but I didn't give much thought to it without supporting statements from other sources since Hooks can pump the Sun sometimes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

Thanks!. Any interest in us from him or vice versa? I didn't see any inside sources I know of post in that thread.

• Like 1

Agree with Gwill I read some stuff recently from a premium site that lead me to believe we are not a long shot with Brown. Not saying we will get him but I think there is a decent shot. 

Edited by Samau
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Samau said:

Agree with Gwill I read some stuff recently from a premium site that lead me to believe we are not a long shot with Brown. Not saying we will get him but I think there is a decent shot. 

Y'all gotta share these things. Posting 2 or 3 tidbits from premium articles & posts are well within our rules.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hooks can pump the Sun sometimes.

Yeah, he is getting called out lately on 24/7 for that sunshine pumping,too. He does provide insight on some things, but I don't get my hopes up on what he says about recruiting, and I know he wears O&B glasses when judging our talent. Still, he seems like a okay guy

• Like 1