2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

58 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So who's the Keith Neihbur of AU hoops?

No one as it pertains to anyone on the AU beat unfortunately. Which sucks for us. Basketball crutin is way more exciting and interesting than fball crutin. On 247  Keith barely even posts about anything bball crutin usually. Mark Murphy handles that since the merger. That guy who I forget his name. Ryan something maybe who left 247 was pretty good with bball crutin a few years ago. Been lackluster at best since he left.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

No one as it pertains to anyone on the AU beat unfortunately. Which sucks for us. Basketball crutin is way more exciting and interesting than fball crutin. On 247 now Keith barely even posts about anything bball crutin usually. Mark Murphy handles that. 

Caldwell even more so as he goes to AAU events. We have good overall BBall recruiting coverage right now because we are a hot team after the final 4 run so national analysts are actually helping to cover AU BBall recruiting right now.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No one as it pertains to anyone on the AU beat unfortunately. Which sucks for us. Basketball crutin is way more exciting and interesting than fball crutin. On 247  Keith barely even posts about anything bball crutin usually. Mark Murphy handles that since the merger. That guy who I forget his name. Ryan something maybe who left 247 was pretty good with bball crutin a few years ago. Been lackluster at best since he left.

Unfortunate but I bet that will change if Bruce sticks around. I can imagine that the interest just hasn't been there except for a few hardcore fans like yourself and some of our other friends and sparring partners. 247 might have to respond to demand soon. 

Sincerely
Johnny McBandwagon. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Unfortunate but I bet that will change if Bruce sticks around. I can imagine that the interest just hasn't been there except for a few hardcore fans like yourself and some of our other friends and sparring partners. 247 might have to respond to demand soon. 

Sincerely
Johnny McBandwagon. 

YES BRO!!! I LOVE THAT IDEA!!! That is essentially what happened with AU and fball crutin on 247 several years ago when Niehbur came aboard the AU site. Keith used to be a national recruiting analyst and obviously one of the very best so AU got one of the best in the business to be a Auburn only guy. That was super clutch. AU fball crutin as it pertains to insider knowledge has never been better because of him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I mean, he’ll never have Bryce Brown’s perfect skin tone and bone structure, but my god this young man’s shooting stroke can definitely work his way into my heart

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I rivlas.com national recruiting analyst, Corey Evans, just gave his equivalent of a crystal ball pick of Auburn for that kid Justin Powell

Where do you see which analystmade the “ futurecasts.”

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sincerely
Johnny McBandwagon. 

It’s picked up a lot on 247 since the final four run. It will continue to pick up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I mean, he’ll never have Bryce Brown’s perfect skin tone and bone structure,

I mean can we please stop talking about the attraction levels of our players or recruits? That's weird & creepy to post publicly.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Of note, just looked at Corey Evan's prediction history and he also futurecasted Jayden Stone to AU as well just a few weeks ago. That's even after the young man has moved to Wichita. Very very interesting

• Love 1

Just now, Gene Loblaw said:

Of note, just looked at Corey Evan's prediction history and he also futurecasted Jayden Stone to AU as well just a few weeks ago. That's even after the young man has moved to Wichita. Very very interesting

I know nothing about the Rivals crutin guru's outside of J Lee's atrocious track record lol. How dialed in and reliable is Corey Evan's? Is he a National guy?

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I know nothing about the Rivals crutin guru's outside of J Lee's atrocious track record lol. How dialed in and reliable is Corey Evan's? Is he a National guy?

https://n.rivals.com/content/forecaster_profiles/2916914

national guy. That's his prediction history. 85% hit rate isn't bad at all

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@ 6'5",  it'll be nice having a SG able to see and shoot over taller defenders. He has an effortless stroke.

I saw some film on him, and he has height, good quick shooting release, pretty quick feet. So what makes him ONLY a 3*?

To be from KY, and not get a sniff from your homestate basketball schools like KY, Louis, or Memphis makes me wonder what he lacks? I see he is not strong, especially when he goes to the basket. Not sure about his ball handling or D.

I can see where he fits in at the SG spot..

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I saw some film on him, and he has height, good quick shooting release, pretty quick feet. So what makes him ONLY a 3*?

To be from KY, and not get a sniff from your homestate basketball schools like KY, Louis, or Memphis makes me wonder what he lacks? I see he is not strong, especially when he goes to the basket. Not sure about his ball handling or D.

Rankings will change a lot after all the summer AAU stuff. Tyrell jones was unranked until after last summer and wound up in the top 100 so who knows. I think rivals new rankings come out soon and then they do another one after the summer. So we'll see if he moves a lot

• Like 1

Lol at whoever asked gene a question.....him talking about stalking and being attracted is all you're going to get.....

It's almost time to start thinking chemistry and who you have lined up to play now as far as us as a team. You don't just offer every person on Earth. You have to look at what skill set they bring to the table. 

The next big event is peach jam in North Augusta. That's when you'll see coaches play their hand a little and things will start settling into place

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Plays similar to Brown. Just judging by this clip he moves a little stiff. Would like to see how he shoots off the dribble

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

This guy has moved around and I believe he was injured for a bit as well. 

• Like 1

Just had my monthly round table chat with the Rivals basketball recruiting analyst. Can’t spill all the deets and tails but I may be eating some crow here about a few prospects. Praise Bruce gang

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Would like to see how he shoots off the dribble

Couldn't find any off the dribble shooting but I did find more of his drive game...

• Thanks 1

Kind of worth thinking about. Now that AU signed Javon Franklin, it does limit the amount of kids Bruce can sign in this class by 1 spot. So Bruce does have to be marginally more picky on who he's willing to take. 

Putting the number at Bruce signing 6 guys now. Probably gonna sign two bigs since Austin and Mac will both be leaving. So if Bruce thinks this Justin Powell young man is worthy of one of the other 4 open spots, then he must be a baller

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Couldn't find any off the dribble shooting but I did find more of his drive game...

From that I'd think he has a decent enough handle to create space to get his shot off. His shot looks to have a little shooting from the hip hitch in it. Our guys were good last year but as far as fg percentage they weren't crazy accurate. Adding a guy who can really shoot would certainly be interesting!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Just had my monthly round table chat with the Rivals basketball recruiting analyst. Can’t spill all the deets and tails but I may be eating some crow here about a few prospects. Praise Bruce gang

You said you are still skeptical of Bruce's ability to attract top flight big men talent. Kessler is absolutely the type of big man that should be coming to AU. We want our front court to be able to be stretch bigs and step out and hit the three. Kessler def fits under this bill. He would kill it in Pearls system.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

You said you are still skeptical of Bruce's ability to attract top flight big men talent. Kessler is absolutely the type of big man that should be coming to AU. We want our front court to be able to be stretch bigs and step out and hit the three. Kessler def fits under this bill. He would kill it in Pearls system.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see Kessler sign with AU. Just as far as negative recruiting is concerned, one thing hampering Bruce is his development of bigs and how he incorporates them into the offense. We all love Austin but he’s probably a burden on Bruce’s back right now on the crootin trail. We’ll see though. I’m perfectly happy getting some 4 year athletic rim protectors like Mac and Horace though. Just not gonna get my hopes up on Kessler 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2