2019 Juco Forward Javon Franklin Commits To AU!

Auburn Kev

On 6/5/2019 at 3:52 PM, doverstutts said:

i do think that we stole one here.....guy can leap over the moon

he'll be adding a ton of value (if he can play immediately) with Tyrell hurt now 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

he'll be adding a ton of value (if he can play immediately) with Tyrell hurt now 

???? 2 different positions. How do you make that connection?

Turbo is a 1.

Samir is not someone we want logging heavy minutes at the 1. We gave it a try last year. It wasn't great IMO or else we would've tried him there later in the season when JVon was still finding his way -- like in the LSU game for example. It's just not in Samir's game to be a true 1. And that's fine because he does plenty other stuff well.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Turbo is a 1.

Samir is not someone we want logging heavy minutes at the 1. We gave it a try last year. It wasn't great IMO or else we would've tried him there later in the season when JVon was still finding his way -- like in the LSU game for example. It's just not in Samir's game to be a true 1. And that's fine because he does plenty other stuff well.

Where is my pen? I NEED TO CO SIGN!!! lol SWEET CHILD OF MINE GUNS AND ROOOOOOOSES I NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR WANT to see Samir get extended minutes at the 1. He does not even come close to having the handles for it. He struggles in the limited amount of time he gets with extended drbbling on the wing as it is!!!!! lol. That is a disaster waiting to happen. YOU ARE ON POINT that he is perfect for the role he already has. 

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Thought Tyrell was a 2 guard 

Point. Even still, Franklin is exclusively a 3/4 man.

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Point. Even still, Franklin is exclusively a 3/4 man.

Yeah, you can move guys one position up to fill in the void of Tyrell. Move Samir up to 1, Okoro to 2, etc. the point was that he allows you to move other wings up and the combo guards up 

23 hours ago, Tiger said:

Turbo is a 1.

I’d be okay with running the franchise through Samir and sink or swimming 

41 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah, you can move guys one position up to fill in the void of Tyrell. Move Samir up to 1, Okoro to 2, etc. the point was that he allows you to move other wings up and the combo guards up 

Okoro is a 3/4 not at 2/3. Not every 3 can be a 2.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They can now 

It depends on the individual player. Not uniform across the board. For example, in an ideal world Chuma would have been a 3/4 but never a 2/3.

I'm just telling you from everything I've read from people close to the program Okoro is a 3/4 not a 2/3. They could be wrong. Time will tell.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It depends on the individual player. Not uniform across the board. For example, in an ideal world Chuma would have been a 3/4 but never a 2/3.

I'm just telling you from everything I've read from people close to the program Okoro is a 3/4 not a 2/3. They could be wrong. Time will tell.

I was just joking with you with the last comment 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was just joking with you with the last comment 

Oh

Honestly if I’m still responding to a post after 2 replies it’s probably just me messing around 

In any case, it’s going to be pretty cool to see some of the super small lineups we employ, primarily on the offensive end. We’ll probably be naturally small w Mac starting at the 5, but 2-4 should be far taller than we’ve had in the past 

20 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Per Hooks, Franklin has been cleared and is practicing with the team. Same for Jaylin Williams...

Full post...

Great news to report on several fronts....

1. Jaylin Williams is now medically cleared and is fully practicing.
2. Javon Franklin the kid from JC is enrolled and fully practicing.
3. Tyrell Jones has gone from wheel chair to walking in one week! Great to see him progressing so quickly.
4. Stretch has his appointment with the US embassy in Nigeria end of next week. Cross your fingers but he should be stamped and ready to go after his appointment! He will be accompanied by a AU coach as well to ensure all goes well.

Many have asked has Stretch been able to play while exiled. This young man has not given up hope and has been taking a bus 20 min away form his house to practice and has been lifting to the best of his abilities at his family home. This kid will have overcome what surely felt like a life tragedy to finally make it to AU.

On the recruiting front......

July will be a pivotal month for us in the recruiting world. The hope is to get Cooper and Kessler committed then as they both have expressed a desire to commit earlier rather than later. Looks like Kessler will come down to us and Duke. IMHO all others are not in the running. Cooper still looks solid and AU bound.

Boston and Brown will not commit until the April timeframe so lots of attention will be required as time moves forward. I do think that if we can get Cooper and or Kessler on board this summer this may shake up when several other kids will feel pressure to commit or fear losing out as we want folks that want to be at AU.

All in all another positive week with the hoops program!

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Is it definitive yet as to whether or not Franklin is eligible for this year?

Jucos are eligible immediately when they enroll. He’s not transferring from another 4 year college where he would have to sit out a year unless he had his undergrad degree. 

Archived