No alcchol sales at JHS

aubiefifty

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Actually I get out plenty....and I do know that easy access creates more opportunity for abuse.  At least in a bar, someone is responsible to keep up with over consumption.....not so much at sporting events.  

Just saying....I've been to games, seen the drunks carrying on ruining the experience....why should I have to pay good/serious money for a ticket and be subjected to that? 

If you have been to many events you would know that there are family sections at most places.  The behavior is closely monitored and those that don't comply near by are removed from the game.  

If you have been to an Auburn game you know that drunks already exist yelling profanities along with sober people yelling the same profanities.

People act like fans are just gonna sit and pound beers and not enjoy the game.  

Lets think about this.  Fan must leave his seat, go to where they sell beer, stand in line to get beer, more than likely take a leak and then walk back to his seat.  That of which if he is pounding beer he has to leave right away to go get another one and repeat the process.  A simple one beer per person policy stops from buying multiple beers at a time.  So this supposed fan who is trying to get wasted on $10 beers is gonna spend how much time at his seat.  Any event I have been at drunk and obnoxious fans are removed from the game by security or police.  Something I have rarely seen in recent times.  In the 80's and 90's it was a different animal.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Actually I get out plenty....and I do know that easy access creates more opportunity for abuse.  At least in a bar, someone is responsible to keep up with over consumption.....not so much at sporting events.  

Just saying....I've been to games, seen the drunks carrying on ruining the experience....why should I have to pay good/serious money for a ticket and be subjected to that? 

You shouldn't have to, and I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise. 

Isn’t there statistical evidence that places that sell beer at their games actually saw a drop of alcohol related problems?  Also consider the strength of alcohol being snuck in compared to 4-5% alcohol in beer.  Most places I’ve been cut off alcohol either at halftime or mid 3rd qtr and $10 beers help cut down the mass consumption some.  

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:
5 hours ago, AU64 said:

You shouldn't have to, and I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise. 

In my experience, just go by the NFL & MLB (in other words, Professional) models.  Have Family Sections and train security to keep a sharp eye out for the nuts in the "allowed" sections.  They're trained extensively for that as selling alcohol comes with high liability.

Over the decades I've been to quite a few Falcons & Braves games, an SEC championship and a Peach Bowl or three, Tampa Bay Rays & Bucs games + the Outback Bowl, and probably some I can't remember myself 😉😉😉.  I've never personally witnessed any real (drunk) issues at any of those games outside of Mets fans (not even sure alcohol was involved....just personality clashes).  Even the LSU fans at the SEC Championship were just having a good time and I know their reputation amongst AU fans. I was there as a pseudo UT fan and was quite jealous.

The absolute worst drunk issues I've ever witnessed were at Sanford Stadium where one thUga fan was trying to throw another over the side of the stadium and Jordan-Hare when a fellow AU fan was ready to throw down against a particularly obnoxious Syracuse fan (yes, alcohol was clearly involved).

To me, if Auburn security handles their business it wouldn't be a problem.  :beer2:

Schools serving stadium wide see significant decrease in alcohol-related incidents. Ohio State saw a 65% drop in incidents, and Oregon just last year saw a 49% dip in alcohol-related ejections. How is this possible? Fans aren’t concealing alcohol illegally as much, and they aren’t binge drinking during pregame tailgating festivities. “When you don’t allow it, it creates more issues,” says John Dugas, an associate athletic director at Louisiana in Lafayette, where they’ve served booze throughout venues since 2009. “You’re going to binge drink or sneak it in. People sneaking it in was really starting to be a real problem for our security around here.”

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/05/31/sec-repeals-alcohol-policy-stadiums-greg-sankey

Auburn will eventually sell beer.

Would be nice to be ahead of the curve for once. 

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Assuming they won't allow any alcohol to be brought back to the student sections. 

I can get on board with that. 

Could you imagine any pledges that are found out to have fake IDs? They wouldn't see a minute of a home game all year and their calves and glutes would be made of steel by December. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I can get on board with that. 

Could you imagine any pledges that are found out to have fake IDs? They wouldn't see a minute of a home game all year and their calves and glutes would be made of steel by December. 

hahaha - they'll be looking like Kevin Kisner's caddie

gty_462020528_70248184.jpg?w=1000&h=1439

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe some of y'all just don't get out much?

BINGO!

If I chose to boycott sporting events that serve alcohol then I'd have never attended any of AU's NC games, or SECCG games in ATL, or last yrs opener vs Washington in ATL and I'd miss heading over to Arlington for the Oregon opener either.

Not to mention MLB/NFL/NBA games.  Or The Masters/PGA tourney, or the US Open >>>>>>> which I'll be flying out to Cali on the 13th to do some sight seeing and then we have Sat/Sunday tickets US Open tickets.  I get to spend Father's Day with my son at Pebble Beach!  :yay:

30 minutes ago, keesler said:

BINGO!

If I chose to boycott sporting events that serve alcohol then I'd have never attended any of AU's NC games, or SECCG games in ATL, or last yrs opener vs Washington in ATL and I'd miss heading over to Arlington for the Oregon opener either.

Not to mention MLB/NFL/NBA games.  Or The Masters/PGA tourney, or the US Open >>>>>>> which I'll be flying out to Cali on the 13th to do some sight seeing and then we have Sat/Sunday tickets US Open tickets.  I get to spend Father's Day with my son at Pebble Beach!  :yay:

That is awesome. Bucket list trip to do with your dad, and at PB of all places. 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I haven’t read the whole thread , however we can still drink and post right ?? 

High five!

*Totally misses*

*Falls down*

Wrrrrr iggle

*Passes out*

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

D2249E5D-4435-4CA1-BE64-A9C623353703.gif

Is that from Grumpy Old Men? Very underrated IMO. Just the outtakes during the closing credits are better than most comedies. Especially Burgess Meredith's one liners.

Also, holy filmography

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that from Grumpy Old Men? Very underrated IMO. Just the outtakes during the closing credits are better than most comedies. Especially Burgess Meredith's one liners.

Also, holy filmography

That it is. Great movies, both of them! Even funnier as I get, um, more seasoned.

ETA- Agree on his filmography. Holy schnikeys!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

High five!

*Totally misses*

*Falls down*

Wrrrrr iggle

*Passes out*

Okay.....so we HAVE met at a game before.....

Archived