Null



Sign in to follow this  
au701948

Football Only Facility Talk as it relates to recruiting

Recommended Posts

This Thursday my wife and I enjoyed the privilege of taking my football playing grandson (High School Sophomore) to his first Summer Football Camp at UGA. I expected the young football players to be impressed by just being in that environment. However, as a 70 year old Auburn Grad, when I compared what I saw when/where my grandson (and hundreds of others like him) were met, I also was extremely impressed. I did not expect to be that impressed. Having been in the Auburn Marching Band for 4 years when at Auburn I had seen some impressive stadiums and facilities up close and personal. The Stadium was not surprising of course,  as I had marched and played there twice. It was the way that UGA has "wrapped" their Football Facilities that caught my eye.

A lot of small things stood out to me that the Kids/Campers would not have noticed as individual things but as part of the overall impression. I believe I saw first hand last Thursday parts of what we fans and the Media have come to call "The Process" at work. The landscaping in and around the Football Only Facilities were immaculate, the access roads to and from the Football facilities were freshly paved, street signs and curbs were freshly painted, (only for a few blocks in each direction and that was obvious, but it served it's purpose), everything-and I mean everything-inside the Players Dressing Rooms, Medical and Training Rooms was brand new-nothing worn nor old-looking. The Kids/Campers were impressed, but I saw part of "The Process" at work and it was bothersome to me as an Auburn Fan.

The Football Campers were meticulously handled, welcomed, shuttled in first-class touring "Team Buses" to UGA's sparkling air-conditioned Indoor Practice Facility, shuttled again to and through UGA's Recruiting Facility, Player Dressing Rooms and Training Facilities and then finally to their one-on-one handshake and pic (at midfield on the 50) in a pristine and immaculately kept Sanford Stadium with Kirby Smart.

I just took this same grandson to the latest Auburn A-Day Game and compared the "setting" presented by UGA this weekend to area conditions in and around Jordan-Hare. There does not appear to be any particular effort to consolidate and/or keep the exterior nor the interior of Jordan-Hare refreshed. The areas next to and surrounding our stadium do not seem to have been given any special attention that would particularly enhance the stadium. There may be good plans in the making with a proposed new Football Only Facility, but new facilities and old ones should be developed to make the structures and their surroundings attractive as well as functional. Mods of course might well move or delete my comment but I think it is fairly relevant.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




20 minutes ago, au701948 said:

This Thursday my wife and I enjoyed the privilege of taking my football playing grandson (High School Sophomore) to his first Summer Football Camp at UGA. I expected the young football players to be impressed by just being in that environment. However, as a 70 year old Auburn Grad, when I compared what I saw when/where my grandson (and hundreds of others like him) were met, I also was extremely impressed. I did not expect to be that impressed. Having been in the Auburn Marching Band for 4 years when at Auburn I had seen some impressive stadiums and facilities up close and personal. The Stadium was not surprising of course,  as I had marched and played there twice. It was the way that UGA has "wrapped" their Football Facilities that caught my eye.

A lot of small things stood out to me that the Kids/Campers would not have noticed as individual things but as part of the overall impression. I believe I saw first hand last Thursday parts of what we fans and the Media have come to call "The Process" at work. The landscaping in and around the Football Only Facilities were immaculate, the access roads to and from the Football facilities were freshly paved, street signs and curbs were freshly painted, (only for a few blocks in each direction and that was obvious, but it served it's purpose), everything-and I mean everything-inside the Players Dressing Rooms, Medical and Training Rooms was brand new-nothing worn nor old-looking. The Kids/Campers were impressed, but I saw part of "The Process" at work and it was bothersome to me as an Auburn Fan.

The Football Campers were meticulously handled, welcomed, shuttled in first-class touring "Team Buses" to UGA's sparkling air-conditioned Indoor Practice Facility, shuttled again to and through UGA's Recruiting Facility, Player Dressing Rooms and Training Facilities and then finally to their one-on-one handshake and pic (at midfield on the 50) in a pristine and immaculately kept Sanford Stadium with Kirby Smart.

I just took this same grandson to the latest Auburn A-Day Game and compared the "setting" presented by UGA this weekend to area conditions in and around Jordan-Hare. There does not appear to be any particular effort to consolidate and/or keep the exterior nor the interior of Jordan-Hare refreshed. The areas next to and surrounding our stadium do not seem to have been given any special attention that would particularly enhance the stadium. There may be good plans in the making with a proposed new Football Only Facility, but new facilities and old ones should be developed to make the structures and their surroundings attractive as well as functional. Mods of course might well move or delete my comment but I think it is fairly relevant.

 

 

Appreciate the info. We run a Multi Million dollar organization that is Auburn Athletics like a mom and pop store....... WAR EAGLE SIR!

 

unc.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Appreciate the info. We run a Multi Million dollar organization that is Auburn Athletics like a mom and pop store....... WAR EAGLE SIR!

 

unc.gif

But we're FAMILY!  What else matters?😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is responsible for this lack of facilities upgrades? Is it the AD?  Is it the Board of Trustees?  Is it the college president? Is it the alumni association? If we could find out who is directly responsible for this, then maybe some heavy arm twisting could help remedy some of these issues. Who knows, maybe we have some bammers in high places keeping this from happening. We all know there is a problem and in order for Auburn Football to catch up and be on equal footing facilities-wise with the big boys in the SEC, this problem needs to be taken care of... end of discussion and time for action!

Edited by doc4aday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Who is responsible for this lack of facilities upgrades? Is it the AD?  Is it the Board of Trustees?  Is it the college president? Is it the alumni association? If we could find out who is directly responsible for this, then maybe some heavy arm twisting could help remedy some of these issues. Who knows, maybe we have some bammers in high places keeping this from happening. We all know there is a problem and in order for Auburn Football to catch up and be on equal footing facilities-wise with the big boys in the SEC, this problem needs to be taken care of... end of discussion and time for action!

Most if not all those questions have been covered thoroughly in threads in the football forums

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Most if not all those questions have been covered thoroughly in threads in the football forums

I know...I was just being sarcastic!😎 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making a "football only" facility is depriving Au of its best recruiting resource in Bruce Pearl. Would be smart to allow the bball team access to these things not only to help bball recruiting but also to let the fball recruits rub elbows with our great salesman Bruce

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Making a "football only" facility is depriving Au of its best recruiting resource in Bruce Pearl. Would be smart to allow the bball team access to these things not only to help bball recruiting but also to let the fball recruits rub elbows with our great salesman Bruce

If done right, this could work well as long as Bruce is still with us. I think he will be with us for the long haul and have a ton of love and respect for Coach Pearl. Gus should spend some 1 on 1 time with Bruce to learn Bruce's style coaching and interacting with his team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this