NCAA Regional - Game 2 vs Georgia Tech

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

holland with his second error of the inning. These guys heads aren’t in it. That falls on the coaching staff

It’s regionals...... players aren’t executing. They’ve played enough games to be better than this. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 Errors in 3 1/3 innings!!

Heck!! Faulkner State would be beating us now!

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

It’s regionals...... players aren’t executing. They’ve played enough games to be better than this. 

Agreed, but there have been some real fundamental holes this year too that led to these errors in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Not denying they are good.  At the moment they don't have to look  like the national number 3 seed.

We are giving it to them.

We are making mistakes but they are very efficiently taking advantage of those opportunities and not making costly mistakes themselves. I give them credit for playing better.

Like clockwork, GT shortstop makes a great play after a bobble, and the first baseman picks his throw in the dirt to get Davis by a step. They make that play, we don’t. 

Bats look like regular season again. If it’s not a flat fastball, not sure our guys can hit it.

Not out of it yet, but got to get going. Seems like we pressing now that we’re down. 

5-1 GT T5

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Agreed, but there have been some real fundamental holes this year too that led to these errors in my opinion. 

These guys aren’t even a reflection of the team that nearly went to Omaha last season. I don’t know what it is but it’s depressing. 

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Is this their ace?

Pretty much. He’s only lost one game this season. 

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Is this their ace?

not sure be obviously we don't have an "ace".....Elliott Anderson is our leading pitcher and has only 6 wins in a season where we have played 60 games....

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

These guys aren’t even a reflection of the team that nearly went to Omaha last season. I don’t know what it is but it’s depressing. 

I know one thing...I’ll never get excited over a pitching recruiting class again. These were all supposed to be stud arms, but I didn’t see one all year who couldn’t be replaced in fall camp

Fitts keeping us in the game thus far.......

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Fitts keeping us in the game thus far.......

The fact that he’s pitched two innings and just caught up to the pitch count of the Tech starter though is a bit concerning

Announcers on the double on the line: "You just can't tell."

Announcers on the slide to home: "I think he's in there before the tag."

I can't tell if his hand actually touched the plate first. 

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

not sure be obviously we don't have an "ace".....Elliott Anderson is our leading pitcher and has only 6 wins in a season where we have played 60 games....

Our Ace had surgery a few weeks ago. This season Auburn has been handicapped since the second inning of the very first game.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Our Ace had surgery a few weeks ago. This season Auburn has been handicapped since the second inning of the very first game.

Despite his awesome bullpen outing in postseason play last year, I would say Tanner has had the ace on lockdown. Davis was just always too inconsistent in regular season play. Do agree with the adversity though, but I expect all 27 people on a D1 postseason roster to know how to field a ground ball and step to throw to first. Injuries aside, Auburn has struggled to do that over large streaks of innings this season

Julien has to have the one of the worst plate visions I've ever seen. At least once a game he strikes out looking

Archived