NCAA Regional - Game 2 vs Georgia Tech

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm out. Another double play to end the inning. Hopefully we can come back and win this game but every time I watch this team we struggle so badly and when I don't watch we win 16-7.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I'm out. Another double play to end the inning. Hopefully we can come back and win this game but every time I watch this team we struggle so badly and when I don't watch we win 16-7.

What were you doing here to start?? 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

I've had the same experience.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Go buy a Georgia Tech hat and shirt and be ready to use that jinx for good tomorrow night hopefully please! 

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Our Ace had surgery a few weeks ago. This season Auburn has been handicapped since the second inning of the very first game.

You are making an assumption about him being the "ace" this year....he looked to have good prospects...but so did TB and JO....Either way,  you look at it, nobody has been consistent this year and coaches never know what kind of performance they will get when they send a guy out there.   The lack of consistency is very troubling and there is no one we can send out there in a must win situation....JMO

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

What were you doing here to start?? 

Hoping to watch good Auburn baseball this year? lol I'll just follow along in this thread and hopefully we can have a huge comeback and I'll take 100% of the credit.

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Hoping to watch good Auburn baseball this year? lol I'll just follow along in this thread and hopefully we can have a huge comeback and I'll take 100% of the credit.

You the man!

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Despite his awesome bullpen outing in postseason play last year, I would say Tanner has had the ace on lockdown. Davis was just always too inconsistent in regular season play. Do agree with the adversity though, but I expect all 27 people on a D1 postseason roster to know how to field a ground ball and step to throw to first. Injuries aside, Auburn has struggled to do that over large streaks of innings this season

Nah. Davis worked out of that during his stint as a relief pitcher. He's the guy that pitched so well in the post season, including that last game against FL. He would've been the ace over Tanner. That was the plan and that's why he was the starter in the first game of the year. He didn't come back to Auburn to be second fiddle.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You are making an assumption about him being the "ace" this year....he looked to have good prospects...but so did TB and JO....Either way,  you look at it, nobody has been consistent this year and coaches never know what kind of performance they will get when they send a guy out there.   The lack of consistency is very troubling and there is no one we can send out there in a must win situation....JMO

That was the plan, and it's why he came back. 

SAFE 

Ran ourselves out of that....and curious that runner stayed at 3rd......could have been running on the throw.

And a weak ground out to end the inning....ouch...

Is it still 5-1?

Archived