Regional Final - Georgia Tech

Let's win this one so we don't have to play tomorrow night.

Lineup:

Ward
Bliss
Davis
Holland
Julien
Woley
Williams
Scheffler
Howell

Bailey Horn pitching

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I concur. Big opportunity with a GT team that just played a long game full of emotion. Auburn has a bit of an advantage pitching wise here, considering their long relief/closer is still fresh, and Horn having pitched well last week. Let’s jump on em early 

Need to be more patient with this pitcher. He doesn’t look to be able to paint the corners so you can wait for your pitch or take a free base. 

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

On tv?

streaming is all I can find..:dunno:

Nice to see Horn out there....seems to be getting better the further  that TJ surgery is in his rear view mirror...

What a funky motion from that pitcher.....probably his attempt to hide some major weakness....

Woley lines one to the gap in right center and to the wall.  Slides in safely at 2nd.  2 outs.  Steven Williams coming up.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What a funky motion from that pitcher.....probably his attempt to hide some major weakness....

It’s a lot of moving around which has to affect his accuracy. If I had to guess, he’s trying to move quickly to make it look like he’s going to throw harder than he is. It’s funky, but he doesn’t look to have unhitable stuff if the guys can work the count a bit like Woley did there for a double. 

Solid double by Woley but left stranded at second.....SW really has trouble with those low breaking balls....don't know why anyone would ever throw a ball over the plate to him.   All three strikes were out of the zone...

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I was just about to post the same thing. He crouches and it's so weird. All that extra activity will wear him out sooner. And he isn't really fooling Auburn hitters.

Bailey Horn is definitely getting better. What a godsend for Auburn right now since Tanner is not 100%.

AU batters helping the tech pitcher....gotta stay off that stuff in the dirt....

Meanwhile...Southern Miss looks like they are about ready to do an ninth inning rally against Az State...12- 10...bases loaded and no outs...everyone has pitching issues it appears....

And AZ state is done...

looks like some interesting games in the Super Regionals..... ..

Archived