Regional Final - Georgia Tech

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what’s wrong with Garret Wade? Saw him walking by the bleachers in gym shorts and a T-shirt at the game during the rain delay. Was on the field with the team afterward, but was never dressed out. Injury? Or worse? 

1 hour ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Anyone know what’s wrong with Garret Wade? Saw him walking by the bleachers in gym shorts and a T-shirt at the game during the rain delay. Was on the field with the team afterward, but was never dressed out. Injury? Or worse? 

He has shoulder inflammation from what I heard which is why he hasn't pitched since UAB.

Proud of the team as they hit the “reset” button for this regional. Now, just keep it up for the super regional.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

The only thing missing from this weekend was a Wreck Tech parade on Thursday. War Eagle!

Man those were fun back in early 80’s before our football game with them!

37 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Proud of the team as they hit the “reset” button for this regional. Now, just keep it up for the super regional.

An interesting series.....two unlikely stars on the mound in Fitts and Horn and as for offense,  Williams,  who has been in a hitting slump much of the year comes through with some key hits.. Woley was a factor.and Ward continues his stellar play on defense.      

Some of the cold bats were still cold....so plenty of opportunity this weekend for some guys to break loose. at the plate. 

Considering that this season Auburn got nothing out of it's top pitcher, Davis Daniel, very little out of #2 Tanner Burns and lost #3 Jack Owen for several starts, I consider this season to be a remarkable accomplishment no matter what happens next. We have no starter hitting over .300, two of the top three pitchers out of the picture and here we are heading to the supers for the 2nd year in a row. This coaching staff and the players themselves have to be doing a bunch of things right!

Despite all the frustrating and disappointing times throughout the season, this team has heart and guts. For guys like Williams, Woley, and Horn and Fitts to step up this weekend when it matters is a testament to the heart of this team. Hopefully we can keep it going in Chapel Hill. WDE!

Anytime we beat frickin a holes tech is a great time to be an Auburn Tiger.............................................And how bout my Russellville boy Judd Ward

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Considering that this season Auburn got nothing out of it's top pitcher, Davis Daniel, very little out of #2 Tanner Burns and lost #3 Jack Owen for several starts, I consider this season to be a remarkable accomplishment no matter what happens next. We have no starter hitting over .300, two of the top three pitchers out of the picture and here we are heading to the supers for the 2nd year in a row. This coaching staff and the players themselves have to be doing a bunch of things right!

Absolutely right, total team effort on all fronts. Coaching staff has done a whale of a job. 

I was somewhat critical of the team leadership at the end of the sec slate ... primarily the bats ... but there is no denying these kids have heart!

on to the SR!

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

An interesting series.....two unlikely stars on the mound in Fitts and Horn and as for offense,  Williams,  who has been in a hitting slump much of the year comes through with some key hits.. Woley was a factor.and Ward continues his stellar play on defense.      

Some of the cold bats were still cold....so plenty of opportunity this weekend for some guys to break loose. at the plate. 

Judd Ward is pretty good at the plate too. He's just been so valuable in every way this season.

One more time for emphasis, the SEC in baseball is tougher than the SEC in football.  It's just freaking brutal week after week...we played the hardest schedule in the country.  

Even with that, there is something about situational awareness and figuring out how to win at the critical time.  Still scratching my head over the Athens regional, UGA just flat out wet the bed against FSU...twice.  

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

One more time for emphasis, the SEC in baseball is tougher than the SEC in football.  It's just freaking brutal week after week...we played the hardest schedule in the country.  

Even with that, there is something about situational awareness and figuring out how to win at the critical time.  Still scratching my head over the Athens regional, UGA just flat out wet the bed against FSU...twice. 

Couldn't be happier to see the DullDawgs pee on their own legs!

Archived