Moving on to North Carolina

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd prefer it be mystery til our 3rd game of the CWS instead of forever. Forever means either UNC swept us or we swept them & then lost 2 & out at the CWS.

I was only referring to the super regionals since that was the topic here.. If we win the first 2 games we won't need TBA....so...

The starting pitchers may or may not change going into the CWS. Not looking too far ahead because that's bad baseball mojo.

31 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was only referring to the super regionals since that was the topic here.. If we win the first 2 games we won't need TBA....so...

The starting pitchers may or may not change going into the CWS. Not looking too far ahead because that's bad baseball mojo.

Lol.I know what you meant Belle. I was just trying to be funny. Guess I missed again. Info I had left out was Butch said Tanner is done for the year other than spot 1 inning appearances so 3rd starter after this weekend would likely be TBA too.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Lol.I know what you meant Belle. I was just trying to be funny. Guess I missed again. Info I had left out was Butch said Tanner is done for the year other than spot 1 inning appearances so 3rd starter after this weekend would likely be TBA too.

Yep. But since Auburn has had to do without him so much already I don't see it as that big of a blow. Having him available to come in occasionally as a middle reliever may help Cody Greenhill. Maybe Tanner can even be the extra closer in the 9th....not sure what the plan is but even a little ability to contribute is better than nothing at all. We haven't seen Brooks Fuller lately and he was really developing nicely. I wonder what's going on with him?

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yep. But since Auburn has had to do without him so much already I don't see it as that big of a blow. Having him available to come in occasionally as a middle reliever may help Cody Greenhill. Maybe Tanner can even be the extra closer in the 9th....not sure what the plan is but even a little ability to contribute is better than nothing at all. We haven't seen Brooks Fuller lately and he was really developing nicely. I wonder what's going on with him?

Sounded to me like that might be the case.   One thing at least...based on his history the guy can throw strikes......so if you bring him in for a couple batters I don't think we worry about him walking the first guy or two he faces.   Would be nice not to use Cody on back to back games. JMO

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

We haven't seen Brooks Fuller lately and he was really developing nicely. I wonder what's going on with him?

Been getting lit up lately. An ERA of 9.00 his last 9 outings & an ERA of 21.00 his last 5 outings.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Been getting lit up lately. An ERA of 9.00 his last 9 outings & an ERA of 21.00 his last 5 outings.

Control problems....averaging nearly a walk an inning..... 

18 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Screenshot_2019-06-06-20-52-27-1.pngForecast for the weekend not looking good. 

The hourly breakdowns look a little better. There seems to be a window near first pitch time on Saturday and Sunday. Monday looks really bad. And not sure if it’s been posted, but here is the advancing scenarios if the full series can’t be played. They will have through Tuesday to extend the super regional, although Tuesday doesn’t really look any better. 

No games played: higher seed advances

One game played: winner advances 

Two games played and split: higher seed advances

28 minutes ago, boomstick said:

The hourly breakdowns look a little better. There seems to be a window near first pitch time on Saturday and Sunday. Monday looks really bad. And not sure if it’s been posted, but here is the advancing scenarios if the full series can’t be played. They will have through Tuesday to extend the super regional, although Tuesday doesn’t really look any better. 

So the plan is to steal one and do a rain dance the rest of the time… Got it!

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So the plan is to steal one and do a rain dance the rest of the time… Got it!

Exactly! Win game one and pray for the forty day flood. 

3 hours ago, boomstick said:

I really don't like this at all. We are not the higher seed so I can see AU getting screwed by bad weather. We are seldom lucky in such situations. I'd rather get beat than cheated by rain.

The '67 CWS rules were different than today's. Back then they used the rules of professional baseball. If five innings were completed and the game got stopped by rain, the team ahead won. AU was a little behind Stanford but had either two or three runners on base and our best power hitter, Scotty Long, coming to bat. The rains came, we never got to finish the game and Stanford was declared the winner. One of those was enough for one lifetime!

13 hours ago, boomstick said:

This is really dumb. Gotta be a better way to declare a winner. Maybe 5 inning games? Double headers? IDK gotta make sure this scenario doesn't happen. 

I think the key for us this weekend is going to be responding when things don't go our way. NC is going to be at home. They've got a very good offense, and a great pitching staff.

Tigers have got to know they've been here before. They went to Miss State and won a game, they went to Baton Rouge and won a game, they've beaten Arkansas and should've taken the series, they've beaten Ole Miss in the series, they've beaten UGA and had a chance to win that series, beat TAMU, they've swept Tennessee, and most recently, they've beaten GA Tech twice at home. 

If something goes wrong, it's all about responding. Pitchers and defense have got to keep playing and not let one play affect another one. Offense has got to keep producing like they did with some big innings this past weekend. 

Play for Rod, play for each other, play for Auburn. Think we've got the talent and the "it-factor" to go toe to toe with Carolina. Firmly believe we are good enough to be in Omaha. Let's make it happen 

Meanwhile,  Duke destroyed Vandy last night..there are no sure things about being the home team.

38 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

@AU64 being our local meteorologist!   How is the weather and game looking for today?

Looks like a gap of good weather for the next few hours and then another batch headed across the triangle area getting there near game time. 

JMO but they will get started OK but after that? :dunno:  That's looking at the map...but I see the forecast is 100% chance of rain....but still might be some opportunity between weather issues....and likely some delays too.    Not the best day....but we really needed the rain....

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile,  Duke destroyed Vandy last night..there are no sure things about being the home team.

Yep, UCLA went down 0-1 as well. I'm no prophet, but it seems to be setting up for a Cinderella. 

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, UCLA went down 0-1 as well. I'm no prophet, but it seems to be setting up for a Cinderella. 

AU vs FSU finals. Battle of emotions. Is that final even possible???

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm not on Twitter, just happened to see this....

D8a_EGoXYAA7W5r.jpg

Talk about forged in the fire...good Lord.

And all went a combined 15-0 in regional play which is staggering.

7 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

D8a_EGoXYAA7W5r.jpg

But the SEC has six this year. They left Vandy out

7 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

D8a_EGoXYAA7W5r.jpg

What makes it even better is knowing who one of the two left out is 😂🤣.

...tee hee, tee hee...

Archived