2021 4* PG Daeshun Ruffin, 6/14: Decommits from AU

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* PG Daeshun Ruffin Commits to AU!
On 6/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Tiger said:

#7 PG in his class. Very impressive. Anyone know anything about him?

CASH MONEY FROM BEHIND THE THREE POINT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will fit in perfectly for one of our patented Auburn Home game 3 point barrages that we unleash on teams!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE BAAAAAAAAAY BAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! I will Never Love a human being like I do Bruce Pearl (BESIDES LEBRON RAYMONE JAMES BUT DUH!!! yall already knew that! lmao)

rr.gif

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

Auburn basketball’s big recruiting weekend has paid off.

Callaway (Jackson, Miss.) point guard 

, who is ranked the No. 64 overall recruit in the 2021 class, announced his commitment to Auburn on Monday.

“Auburn is a great fit for me,” Ruffin said. “The coaches, they have been on me from the start. They made me a priority and let me know the plan of the future for Auburn. They valued me and that means a lot.”

Ruffin was one of nine top recruits in Auburn on Saturday. It was his third visit to Auburn.

“It was the best one,” Ruffin said. “It’s always fun when I go to Auburn. It’s a great school and I love the campus.”

Ruffin also has strong bonds with Auburn coach Bruce Pearl and assistant Wes Flanigan.

“I love Coach Pearl,” Ruffin said. “He was a big part of my commitment. And Coach Flanigan, that’s my guy. He’s always taken care of me when I visited and been there for me.”

Awesome......i haven't watched his tape but looks like Harper 2.0 based on his measurables 

On 6/3/2019 at 12:31 PM, GwillMac6 said:

CASH MONEY FROM BEHIND THE THREE POINT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will fit in perfectly for one of our patented Auburn Home game 3 point barrages that we unleash on teams!!! WOOOO!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE BAAAAAAAAAY BAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! I will Never Love a human being like I do Bruce Pearl (BESIDES LEBRON RAYMONE JAMES BUT DUH!!! yall already knew that! lmao)

rr.gif

What about ur wife and kids? Pretty harsh.

Just now, JFDTiger80 said:

What about ur wife and kids? Pretty harsh.

PFFFFFFFFT I would never put a poor woman through the torture that would be being married to me!!!!!!! lol. That is a recipe for disaster. WAR DAMN EAGLE THOUGH 80!!!!!!

Gotta ask. Does this commitment mess with our chances with SC?

25 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Nope. I'm sure like most elite recruits, Sharife hopes to be 1 & done.

War Eagle and welcome to the family!!!

2 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

NO SIR!!! Coop is a year older and no doubt like E says wants to be 1 and done. Plus he probaly like most elite recruits thinks he is the best player in the country so he is not phased by more competition.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope. I'm sure like most elite recruits, Sharife hopes to be 1 & done.

Do you like the 1 and done?

I don't think I do. 

I have been nothing but critical of other programs, especially UK, and really don't want to be one of them.

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Do you like the 1 and done?

I don't think I do. 

I have been nothing but critical of other programs, especially UK, and really don't want to be one of them.

We’re never going to be a program like Cal’s Kentucky where they have 4-5 one and dones on a team and keep recycling them every year. Having a guy like Cooper come in to accentuate a talented and experienced roster is a great thing imo

Archived