2021 4* PG Daeshun Ruffin, 6/14: Decommits from AU

Id be shocked if the guy didnt wanna entertain other offers after becoming a top tier fella. We didnt stumble upon a diamond in the ruff by any means, but I feel like theres some high end programs that just star/rankings watch and pick the top of the litter (which we dont). Maybe one of those became chummy with him.

15 hours ago, Tiger said:

an inch?

you said it, not me

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not pertinent to Ruffin other than I didn’t realize that the open period of 2021 recruits just started. No coincidence the kid decided to open things up right when a new crap load of coaches could start courting him. Just gotta let this baby play out

26 minutes ago, toddc said:

Recommitted from his verbal!

He decommitted yesterday. I haven’t seen anything where he re-committed. We been talking about his de-commitment the past page or so.

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He decommitted yesterday. I haven’t seen anything where he re-committed. We been talking about his de-commitment the past page or so.

Stupid spellcheck! Sorry 😐 

I was surprised he committed so early. There's going to be point guards ahead of him bout time he gets in college

BB recruiting:  do many kids decommit?  % wise, I would guess 1 per class, if that.  

I really liked what I saw on his film.   Absolutely clutch with a suitcase full of skills.  Hope we get him back.   I am guessing a blue-blood came calling and he decommitted.   

5 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I am guessing a blue-blood came calling and he decommitted.  

Gene's post above likely tells the story.

I've become such a Basketball  homer and Bruce fan that   it shocks me when a player decomits.  I totally expect it in football especially 2 years out but in the world of Bruce I want everybody to want to come play for him. 

I see it though and were I  the kid I wouldn't want to be committed at this point in the process. 

On 6/14/2019 at 11:02 PM, ellitor said:

FWIW Hooks doesn't think there is any concern for AU. He's more plugged in than anyone not on the team, including AU beat reporters.

@Dual-Threat Rigby Why in the world would you dislike the above post?

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gene really makes this guy’s posts worth reading, otherwise...woof 

Huh? What and who are you talking about? Hooks? He’s a standup dude. Yes he has some homer in his posts but honestly a lot of people who have legit info do.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:08 AM, ellitor said:

@Dual-Threat Rigby Why in the world would you dislike the above post?

Well, as we’ve discussed before, Hooks is a huge homer. Yes, he’s an insider but he loses nothing if he’s hyping a kid and the kid goes elsewhere like a recruiting reporter would.

I don’t think that means your post should be disliked though. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

Well, as we’ve discussed before, Hooks is a huge homer. Yes, he’s an insider but he loses nothing if he’s hyping a kid and the kid goes elsewhere like a recruiting reporter would.

I don’t think that means your post should be disliked though.  

Exactly. I take no offense. It's just weird.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Huh? What and who are you talking about? Hooks? He’s a standup dude. Yes he has some homer in his posts but honestly a lot of people who have legit info do.

You couldn’t figure out who I was talking about after reading the post DIRECTLY above me? 

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You couldn’t figure out who I was talking about after reading the post DIRECTLY above me? 

No because you didn't quote the post you were referring to. I'm not going to look up posts to try to figure things out when posts weren't quoted.

And how does Gene make his posts worth reading? He just sums up what Hooks posts.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No because you didn't quote the post you were referring to. I'm not going to look up posts to try to figure things out when posts weren't quoted.

And how does Gene make his posts worth reading? He just sums up what Hooks posts.

Are you trolling me right now? My post you originally quoted...are you able to see the post directly above that? The post you reacted to? Who do you think that post was directed to? 

Wouldn’t that make it worth reading?

He makes me laugh. No small task. I am a EXTREMELY serious no nonsense person..........

Archived