2021 4* PG Daeshun Ruffin, 6/14: Decommits from AU

32 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Well, we are in the top 6

Here's the reality of the situation bro!!!! Kid decommited because he was convinced he was about to get some blue blood offers. His ole Miss fanboy coach obviously was a factor in this. I don't see him getting those committable offers from the dukes of the world though. Just like Watford which is why he held out on committing so long 2 classes ago. Kid is ole miss bound. And if not? Probably bama so I do hope he goes to ole Miss.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here's the reality of the situation bro!!!! Kid decommited because he was convinced he was about to get some blue blood offers. His ole Miss fanboy coach obviously was a factor in this. I don't see him getting those committable offers from the dukes of the world though. Just like Watford which is why he held out on committing so long 2 classes ago. Kid is ole miss bound. And if not? Probably bama so I do hope he goes to ole Miss.

I find the placement of the A appropriate since they are a bunch of Richards. 

I don’t think auburn even makes sense from an Auburn perspective. A top end scorer with some play making abilities, you’d obviously love to have that to spell Sharife, but the rest of our lineup would have to be so defensively sound to make up for 40 minutes of those two 

I hope wherever he goes, they can make up for his height and allow him to just be him. I think if he could be a shorter Carsen Edwards, that’s his lane

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

@ellitor Any idea if Auburn is still pursuing Ruffin? Limited 2021 scholarships, and more noise around JD and Frankie Collins lately. 

@Dunndone414 Doubt it. And not sure any PG is a take right now with us projected to have no open schollies in the 2021 class barring attrition. The only sure fire take I've heard at this point is 5* PF Jabari Smith.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Dunndone414 Doubt it. And not sure any PG is a take right now with us projected to have no open schollies in the 2021 class barring attrition. The only sure fire take I've heard at this point is 5* PF Jabari Smith.

Thanks. A lot still TBD due to the final roster spot, but I would be shocked if we go another year without a transfer.

(Nothing specific in mind here, just given roster composition and the regularity with which guys transfer in this era.)

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

what are the chances we don't sign our last open spot and roll it over to next year?

9 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

what are the chances we don't sign our last open spot and roll it over to next year?

Unless Pearl just totally strikes out, he is pretty adamant that he needs an experienced player to go along with his pups, and can contribute significant minutes w the starters. 

And I think I saw where E says that there is plenty of time and to expect a more players becoming available, if they are pulling out of the NBA draft or are continuing to enter the transfer portal.

1 hour ago, lutzcammed said:

A grad transfer would effectively do this, fwiw. If we can find one that fits, that is. 

14 hours ago, lutzcammed said:

@lutzcammed can’t put a percentage on it. I know the staff really wants to find another scorer to fill out the roster for this coming year and continue to evaluate kids that may be classified from the 2021 class as well as guys who are entering the NBA draft now but will take their name out as they see where they are projected to get drafted or not re-drafted at all.

14 hours ago, steeleagle said:

he is pretty adamant that he needs an experienced player to go along with his pups

It’s not about getting an experience player as much as he is looking for a bona fide scorer.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would personally rather fill the roster out, have a transfer today,

But there’s no point in doing that just for the sake of filling out the roster. Whatever we add needs to be a bona fide scorer at this point. If not then hold the spot for a big-time recruit from the next class.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I would personally rather fill the roster out, have a transfer today,

But there’s no point in doing that just for the sake of filling out the roster. Whatever we add needs to be a bona fide scorer at this point. If not then hold the spot for a big-time recruit from the next class.

Archived