2021 5* QB Brock Vandagriff (UGA)

GwillMac6

Just now, McLoofus said:

This is... weird. 

Ami I the only one who read it & not know what in Sam Hill he was trying to say or mean?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Ami I the only one who read it & not know what in Sam Hill he was trying to say or mean?

Long time ago he decided that he would try to convince people it was Lindsey's fault that our offense sucked and that Stidham got worse in year 2. It's just him trying to deflect criticism away from Gus. 

This was a new low, though. And suuuuuuuper illogical. Just a really bizarre, awful take all around. 

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Really??? You are going to try to use that as evidence to a point. You do realize that when a recruit commits the sites change all other schools interest level to none whether there is interest or not right???

Glad you caught that before he edited his post. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Long time ago he decided that he would try to convince people it was Lindsey's fault that our offense sucked and that Stidham got worse in year 2. It's just him trying to deflect criticism away from Gus. 

This was a new low, though. And suuuuuuuper illogical. Just a really bizarre, awful take all around. 

Read the link to his site....Chip was shown as his recruiter.  And the head in the sand award goes to those who think that despite the job title and fact that Chip was the QB coach the last two years and actually said he ran the offense....that somehow  he had nothing to do with development of JS.   If you are correct, then CL should return his paychecks. 

Meanwhile if we want to be upset about a "legacy"..of which there must be a million  or more Auburn legacy kids according to E's definition ...we should be wanting to know why the Rocker kid ended up at Vandy instead of AU....now that's what  legacy really means and a legacy loss that really hurt...IMO 

Honestly what does Chip Lindsey even have to do with this? Sounds like more misdirection IMO. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Read the link to his site....Chip was shown as his recruiter.  And the head in the sand award goes to those who think that despite the job title and fact that Chip was the QB coach the last two years and actually said he ran the offense....that somehow  he had nothing to do with development of JS.   If you are correct, then CL should return his paychecks. 

Meanwhile if we want to be upset about a "legacy"..of which there must be a million  or more Auburn legacy kids according to E's definition ...we should be wanting to know why the Rocker kid ended up at Vandy instead of AU....now that's what  legacy really means and a legacy loss that really hurt...IMO 

I did read the link. It's bizarre that you're suggesting a kid went elsewhere because of a coach who no longer works here. 

Feel free to tell yourself that Chip was actually in charge of anything while here. That's completely ignoring literally everything we know about Gus Malzahn, but sure, go for it. 

Who's the Rocker kid? Is he a QB?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Honestly what does Chip Lindsey even have to do with this? Sounds like more misdirection IMO. 

Nothing and exactly. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Feel free to tell yourself that Chip was actually in charge of anything while here. That's completely ignoring literally everything we know about Gus Malzahn, but sure, go for it. 

We being everyone but 64 & Mikey apparently. I'm starting to think they are the same person.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

We being everyone but 64 & Mikey apparently. I'm starting to think they are the same person.

He, uh, I mean they staged a minor disagreement recently just to throw us off the scent, but we weren't fooled...

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who's the Rocker kid? Is he a QB?

He is talking about Kumar Rocker, Tracy's kid who is a star true freshman pitcher for Vanderbilt.

Just now, metafour said:

He is talking about Kumar Rocker, Tracy's kid who is a star true freshman pitcher for Vanderbilt.

Sounds like he made the right decision. Vandy does seem to keep a good squad in baseball. 

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

I was pretty sure, but I was hoping he'd fess up about bringing baseball to a football fight. 

As if bringing up former football assistants isn't bad enough, he wants to complain about the baseball staff (that just went to the CWS). Literally anything to take the focus off our underperforming head coach. 

58 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To be fair here, Fields has generational QB talent. Hasn't had a real chance to show what he has yet. He didn't leave uga because some dumb redneck kid was a dumb redneck. He left because the uga staff lied to him. He got out of sitting out a year saying he left because of the dumb redneck. Smart move.

I'll believe it when I see it. "Generational" is a very strong word. It's Cam Newton or Bo Jackson. Nothing less. If he's caps out at All-American, he falls short. I can only think of one instance in recent years where a generational talent was buried on a depth chart:  Cam behind Tebow, who was also a generational college talent. I just don't think UGA would've played Fromm unless he was the better player (and he looked like the better player). If Fromm (not a generational talent) is beating you out, you're not a generational guy.

I expect Fields to do really well, but I don't expect him to define his generation. That will be Lawrence.

On the Vandagriff kid, of course this is all Gus. Even if Chip recruited him, Chip was Gus' hire. A HC doesn't get to hide behind assistants that he selected. Anyway, if Gatewood and Nix look good this year, I doubt this thing is over.

3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I'll believe it when I see it. "Generational" is a very strong word. It's Cam Newton or Bo Jackson. Nothing less. If he's caps out at All-American, he falls short. I can only think of one instance in recent years where a generational talent was buried on a depth chart:  Cam behind Tebow, who was also a generational college talent. I just don't think UGA would've played Fromm unless he was the better player (and he looked like the better player). If Fromm (not a generational talent) is beating you out, you're not a generational guy.

I expect Fields to do really well, but I don't expect him to define his generation. That will be Lawrence.

On the Vandagriff kid, of course this is all Gus. Even if Chip recruited him, Chip was Gus' hire. A HC doesn't get to hide behind assistants that he selected. Anyway, if Gatewood and Nix look good this year, I doubt this thing is over.

Has generational "talent". He has not and might now put it all together like Cam or Bow. But the boy is a special "talent".

Agree on Lawrence. Kid is a generational QB. 

Brook isn't near the talent level as these two. But he is real good.

He's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while. He's going to cover over a lot of holes on that Clemson team this year. It's not loaded like they were last year, except at offensive skill positions. But he's going to win a lot.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

I can only think of one instance in recent years where a generational talent was buried on a depth chart:  Cam behind Tebow, who was also a generational college talent. I just don't think UGA would've played Fromm unless he was the better player (and he looked like the better player). If Fromm (not a generational talent) is beating you out, you're not a generational guy.

What was that about John Brantley again?

Also, Fromm was one freak play from being the starting quarterback for the national championship team the year before. It's not like they were 2 freshmen coming in on even footing. 

I mean, I don't disagree with your premise, but as long as we're splitting hairs...

Totally agree. Fromm is fantastic, and they weren't on equal footing.

Brantley. He's one of the best pieces of SEC what-if in recent years. But yeah, they thought he was special. So maybe Justin Fields is Cam Newton all over again, and Fromm is like the actually-good version of Brantley in this equation. I guess I'll just believe it when I see it.

I really do think Fields is going to be very good. I just didn't see anything crazy from him. He looked less athletic than I expected, and he was downright erratic on some of his throws.

17 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Totally agree. Fromm is fantastic, and they weren't on equal footing.

Brantley. He's one of the best pieces of SEC what-if in recent years. But yeah, they thought he was special. So maybe Justin Fields is Cam Newton all over again, and Fromm is like the actually-good version of Brantley in this equation. I guess I'll just believe it when I see it.

I really do think Fields is going to be very good. I just didn't see anything crazy from him. He looked less athletic than I expected, and he was downright erratic on some of his throws.

You aren’t wrong . A lot of potential but has yet to produce. Maybe this year will be his coming out party , but I wasn’t as impressed with his tOSU spring game either 

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard Georgia is after Brock really strong. But as of today, who's the front runner for Brock. Could it be Georgia or Auburn?

On 6/30/2019 at 6:15 PM, auburn4ever said:

I've heard Georgia is after Brock really strong. But as of today, who's the front runner for Brock. Could it be Georgia or Auburn?

He committed to Oklahoma 

Tracy's son is big enough to play LB or DE in football. I do wonder however why dad didn't try to talk his son in playing baseball for Auburn. We sure could have used the young man.

• 5 months later...

@GwillMac6 my dude.....there's a new sheriff in town and he's locked in on another 5 star QB outta the state of Georgia. He even took Deputy T-Will to visit the stud pony QB. 

Let's hope he can reel in the lifelong Tiger like he reeled in ole Watson.

44 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

@GwillMac6 my dude.....there's a new sheriff in town and he's locked in on another 5 star QB outta the state of Georgia. He even took Deputy T-Will to visit the stud pony QB. 

Let's hope he can reel in the lifelong Tiger like he reeled in ole Watson.

Probably going to need Riley in the NFL before BVG signs to have a chance.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Probably going to need Riley in the NFL before BVG signs to have a chance.

dfdfs.gif

ghfghf.gif

Archived