2021 5* QB Brock Vandagriff (UGA)

GwillMac6

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Probably going to need Riley in the NFL before BVG signs to have a chance.

Yeah, well my point was at least we aren't just throwing in the towel and giving up happy to finish (maybe) 2nd.

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice but has he ever been interested?  How would it effect our current 21 QB commit?

3 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Would be nice but has he ever been interested?

@roe4christ Interested yes but had concerns with Gus's ability to develop high school QBs. If we become a major player it will be due to Chad Morris.

3 hours ago, roe4christ said:

How would it effect our current 21 QB commit?

Can't worry about that. You have to go after the best guys you feel you can get, especially at the 1 most important position on the field. Plus we are still planning to take 2 QBs in the 2021 class.

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

This can’t be a bad thing for us.  

Not necessarily good either. UGA is all over him like white on rice.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily good either. UGA is all over him like white on rice.

If you are concerned with Auburns offense as a QB recruit then Georgia being a major factor makes no sense other than he lives right down the road from their campus. Georgia offense is just as problematic for QBs as ours is. I hope they keep Coley and do not hire a actual good OC. They turn all their QBs in to game managers under Kirby.

He could not have liked what he saw today.....that's for sure.  I doubt it had little to no fingerprints from Morris.  I see he grew up an AU fan.  Would not hurt him as a 21 QB in that Nix would be a junior when he arrived and could possibly leave after that season.  If he redshirts his freshman year, he could likely take over the following year.  Worst case, as a soph if Nix stays the full four.  Think it comes down to us or Georgia due to fandom and distance.  Morris needs to really get to work on him.  Do you think he waits to commit again until after he sees how the offense will look next season under Morris or would he commit again prior to or during his senior season?  Would he be an EE?  Would love to get this guy but it doesn't matter if our offense does not make some major changes.

17 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Do you think he waits to commit again until after he sees how the offense will look next season under Morris or would he commit again prior to or during his senior season? 

@roe4christ The better QBs in a class typically like to commit before their SR because they want & like to be the guys to build an offensive recruiting class around.

19 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Would he be an EE? 

That type of info usually isn't known til the Summer before a player's SR year. BVG is a JR.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@roe4christ The better QBs in a class typically like to commit before their SR because they want & like to be the guys to build an offensive recruiting class around.

That type of info usually isn't known til the Summer before a player's SR year. BVG is a JR.

Good info Ellitor.  My question about EE was for Jan. of 2021.  Same course of action as Nix this past January.  That may not be know also at this point.  Was just wondering if he would get a head start in spring training 2021 or have to wait until the summer/fall.

Thanks for all the work.  Really look forward to reading your post to stay in the know.  Have a blessed day.

Was reading on the thuga board that his girlfriend is committed to AU for soccer. No idea if it is true or not buuuuut we need all the help we can get in this recruitment.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was reading on the thuga board that his girlfriend is committed to AU for soccer. No idea if it is true or not buuuuut we need all the help we can get in this recruitment.

That surely would help, I would think.  I think at the very least, he would need to hear from Morris regarding how the offense is going to change for next year to even consider AU.  I know I would after what I have seen this year.  That's only being smart in my opinion.  Let's hope for the best.

39 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Good info Ellitor.  My question about EE was for Jan. of 2021.  Same course of action as Nix this past January.  That may not be know also at this point.  Was just wondering if he would get a head start in spring training 2021 or have to wait until the summer/fall.

I know you were asking about January 2021 and no worries.

41 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Thanks for all the work.  Really look forward to reading your post to stay in the know.  Have a blessed day.

Your gladly welcome and you have a blessed day as well.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I thought he was some kind of physical giant on the field based on these first few clips...but then I realized his school is 1A classification. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2C9GLT

Is he better than McLaughlin?

Yes.. Much more polished passer.

If we dont get him, I hope he goes to Miami and challenges Clemson.   I do not want him to end up at UF with a coach who can coach QBs.  

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

If we dont get him, I hope he goes to Miami and challenges Clemson.   I do not want him to end up at UF with a coach who can coach QBs.  

Haven’t seen anywhere where Florida is a factor.w

11 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I thought he was some kind of physical giant on the field based on these first few clips...but then I realized his school is 1A classification. 

http://www.hudl.com/v/2C9GLT

Is he better than McLaughlin?

Considerably

On 1/1/2020 at 8:07 PM, GwillMac6 said:

If I were running a D-1 athletic program I would definitely toy with the idea of offering scholly's and preferred walk-on spots to the 5-stars' girlfriends.

Is it kind of unethical and misogynistic to risk tanking one sport for the (hopeful) benefit of another, sure, but that's just the cost of good bidness. 😅

14 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

If I were running a D-1 athletic program I would definitely toy with the idea of offering scholly's and preferred walk-on spots to the 5-stars' girlfriends.

Is it kind of unethical and misogynistic to risk tanking one sport for the (hopeful) benefit of another, sure, but that's just the cost of good bidness. 😅

Brothers and teammates get "packaged" all the time. Tua Two won't ever start at bama. At least the ladyfriends would get to play for a different coach who might give them a fair shake. 

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Brothers and teammates get "packaged" all the time. Tua Two won't ever start at bama. At least the ladyfriends would get to play for a different coach who might give them a fair shake. 

What makes you say this?  For all that I have heard he is very likely a better QB than Tua.

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

What makes you say this?  For all that I have heard he is very likely a better QB than Tua.

Just what I've heard. Could be wrong. But nobody was going to get big bro's signature unless the whole family was invited. 

33 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I don’t even believe Tua 2 will be at Bama next season 

Archived