2021 5* QB Brock Vandagriff (UGA)

GwillMac6

31 minutes ago, toddc said:

I don’t know how many times people have said we can’t read too much into these things because kids change their mind from month to month, much less two years out! All of these hypotheticals about his situation are just that...

24 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I like Gus's QB recruiting the last 2 cycles. Don't see how it could be any better. I don't really get the concern that Brock Vandergriff has not already committed.  We're on his short list.  Sure he's looking at other options, but then again so are we.  Chill, folks.

The fact that the kid isn't higher on us right now is only a symptom of the larger problem that people are upset about. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Dan Mullen and Urban Meyer favored Brantley. That’s part of why Cam left. For the record. I’m not guessing or sourcing any article on that one. Know it from one of those sources. 

Cam learned Dan’s system. He was good in that system. Dan didn’t make Cam or develop him in any special way. He treated him like a backup and gave him backup reps. They thought Brantley was the next franchise QB at Florida. 

So Dan Mullen or Urban Meyer told you they liked Brantley better? I'd be curious when you were told this. 

Certainly an interesting take given what actually happened with the QB rotation at UF from the time Cam got there until he got hurt in the season opener in 2008. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

And what if Gus gets fired? Wins the division?  Auburn fan again? 

Bad time to get whipped by homophones  again huh. 

Cute Jeffy, good to see you and Mikey have become pals. Makes sense.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

And what if Gus gets fired? Wins the division?  Auburn fan again? 

Oh and this was a gem.

Imagine thinking that criticism of our coach means I’m not a fan of Auburn anymore. Lol. That’s the best you got Jeffy?

8 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Cute Jeffy, good to see you and Mikey have become pals. Makes sense.

What doesn’t make sense is this reply in relation to what I said. But I except what you said as Clayton been Clayton and will move on. Ok

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

That’s the best you got Jeffy?

You can sweet talk me any time you want sugar 😘 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

You can sweet talk me any time you want sugar 😘 

You’re not worth the time sweetheart. 

Sooo this Brock cat looks pretty good. The rest of the squabbling go somewhere else please.

Just now, ellitor said:

Sooo this Brock cat looks pretty good. The rest of the squabbling go somewhere else please.

Hey E, missed you man! Brock is really good.

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

You’re not worth the time sweetheart. 

The best thirty seconds of your life tootsie. Can I stuff you in my pocket?

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The best thirty seconds of your life tootsie. Can I stuff you in my pocket?

You guys dating now?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Oklahoma will get a good one 

Just now, AUDevil said:

You guys dating now?

Long story short....: yadayadayada and here we are now. Two peas that escaped the pod. 

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Long story short....: yadayadayada and here we are now. Two peas that escaped the pod. 

What a world we live in.  Guys can live how they want to live these days and AU legacies are free to head elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What a world we live in.  Guys can live how they want to live these days and AU legacies are free to head elsewhere.

giphy.gif

I blame 1950s devil worshiping Rock music for this too. How are we ever going to survive!!

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hey WDE. What do you think of Bird's theory that Gus may be going back to his more spaced out more passing days like his time in high school & Tulsa? Seems possible with us planing to take 4 or 5 more WRs in this class.

Think Gus is taking 4 to 5 WR’s because he still does not understand how to manage a roster. No excuse for taking this many WR’s in one class. Then adding another that counts back to last year. Could be 9 over the last two classes. 

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think Gus is taking 4 to 5 WR’s because he still does not understand how to manage a roster. No excuse for taking this many WR’s in one class. Then adding another that counts back to last year. Could be 9 over the last two classes. 

Look at the bright side. 9 receivers might mean that Gus knows 9 different routes now. 

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I have thought about it and I don't agree with your position. Is Gus a problem? Dillingham? Lack of stability at OC? Is there a problem at all? We'll see. Him living "ten minutes" from the UGA campus and thus closer to both UGA and Clemson than AU may also be a factor, or his considering Oklahoma may be a way of escaping it all. The reason former outstanding AU nose guard Benji Roland played at AU was because half his family wanted hm at UGA and the other half wanted him at Florida, so he shut everybody up and chose Auburn. 

There's a lot that goes into this sort of thing and any decision he makes won't be done until after the regular 2019 season is over. We also have Bo and Joey just one year ahead of him and that may be a factor. The pack should chill for a while before they resume howling about this one.

It's not about it being my position. It's the kid's position who is considering AU. His position is what matters. And he's influenced by what he's seen on the field. AKA no development of QBs. It was essentially the only thing he said about AU in the article.

44 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Could be 9 over the last two classes. 

8 if we take 5 this class, Sheffield ends up a WR, the transfer you mentioned, Johnson from the class that just signed. Don't see a scenario where we get to 9....Unless you are counting MAR as a potential WR.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:06 PM, cole256 said:

Judging from the things he said for each school I think Oklahoma and Clemson

That's where I would put my money.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Very likely, but I'm hoping it's the other. My thought was just a way to explain the madness of our recruiting. That said, moving away from the FB to Joker TEs and True HBs could also be a sign of some movement away from the run-heavy offenses we've seen. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Very likely, but I'm hoping it's the other. My thought was just a way to explain the madness of our recruiting. That said, moving away from the FB to Joker TEs and True HBs could also be a sign of some movement away from the run-heavy offenses we've seen. 

👍

Not to mention that we have lost NCM, Kyle Davis, Darius Slayton left early (because he didn’t trust Gus’ offense this year), and we missed out on Justyn Ross & George Pickens. If Gus would have managed his roster and won key recruiting battles, then we wouldn’t need all these WR’s.

Count me in on a Brock. Kid looks very talented. He can throw on the run with accuracy. He runs well and has a very strong arm. The guy has SEC starting QB written all over him.  Now, let’s not screw this up!

Archived