2021 5* QB Brock Vandagriff (UGA)

GwillMac6

4 hours ago, autan said:

I believe the kid has Auburn ties.  If we can convince him Bo leaves after junior year we might have a chance (a slim one).

He is a Auburn Legacy. Mom went there. Girlfriend is committed to AU for soccer if the Georgia 247 board is to be believed. Kid grew up in Jordan Hare. But he is not blindly loyal to AU like Bo is. Bo was coming no matter what. Brock's Dad is his High School coach like Pat Nix was for Bo but unlike Pat Brock's dad did not play fball at AU and have a degree from AU. He sees what all of us see and that is a system that is not favorable at all for throwing the ball a lot to put it gently.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a Auburn Legacy. Mom went there. Girlfriend is committed to AU for soccer if the Georgia 247 board is to be believed. Kid grew up in Jordan Hare. But he is not blindly loyal to AU like Bo is. Bo was coming no matter what. Brock's Dad is his High School coach like Pat Nix was for Bo but unlike Pat Brock's dad did not play fball at AU and have a degree from AU. He sees what all of us see and that is a system that is not favorable at all for throwing the ball a lot to put it gently.

Isn’t he also really interested in UGA? They don’t throw much either. He should’ve just stayed committed to Oklahoma if that’s the case

That kid is gonna go to UGA.  Just IMO but he could have committed to AU chose Oklahoma.  Its unfortunate cause kirby is likely selling him a load of crap (as evidenced by the multiple transfers from his program).

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Isn’t he also really interested in UGA? They don’t throw much either.

I'd expect that to change under Monken.

25 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'd expect that to change under Monken.

We’ll see. Everyone seen what LSU did and think they can replicate it lol. Everyone trying to do that is in a for a rude awakening 

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We’ll see. Everyone seen what LSU did and think they can replicate it lol. Everyone trying to do that is in a for a rude awakening 

I never implied that I expect them to replicate LSU, just that I see them being a better passing team under Monken.

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I never implied that I expect them to replicate LSU, just that I see them being a better passing team under Monken.

They absolutely will be a better passing team, but everyone has seen what Brady did at LSU and will try and do the same by grabbing NFL OC’s. We’ll see how it works out for them 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

They absolutely will be a better passing team, but everyone has seen what Brady did at LSU and will try and do the same by grabbing NFL OC’s. We’ll see how it works out for them 

Brady wasn't an NFL OC.

5 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Sizzles point is that is what most people expect is that is what UGA is trying to do with him. I heard it on sports talk radio all yesterday.

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Brady wasn't an NFL OC.

Passing game coordinator is close enough. No need to be particular there.

If the 5 stars aligned and CCM and BV were a perfect fit we just might somehow land Vandagriff.  However we likely would lose Aaron Mc.  But you can't ever give up on a 5* legacy until it's over. You just can't.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Passing game coordinator is close enough. No need to be particular there.

Brady wasnt a passing game coordinator in the NFL either. Brady was an offensive assistant for the Saints.

That is not being "particular" it is being accurate. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sizzles point is that is what most people expect is that is what UGA is trying to do with him. I heard it on sports talk radio all yesterday.

Most people are stupid, proven time and again.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Brady wasnt a passing game coordinator in the NFL either. Brady was an offensive assistant for the Saints.

The point of the post was that college teams are going after NFL coaches, assistants, and analysts. Congrats on being over particular over nothing. 

4 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Still doesn't change the point or the thesis of what is being discussed so the accuracy is irrelevant.

WTH?!?! Did I just type this?!?!?! Am I actually growing & evolving?!?!?!

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Most people are stupid, proven time and again.

We all are sometimes. It doesn't change what Sizzle was saying & he wasn't inferring anything from your post as you had originally thought.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still doesn't change the point or the thesis of what is being discussed so the accuracy is irrelevant.

WTH?!?! Did I just type this?!?!?! Am I actually growing & evolving?!?!?!

giphy.gif

nope 

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We all our sometimes. It doesn't change what Sizzle was saying & he wasn't inferring anything from your post as you had originally thought.

Speak for yourself numnuts

On 1/18/2020 at 2:19 AM, GwillMac6 said:

I would reslly hate to lose this kid to UGA of all places.  Kirby goes after 5*s and copies what works for other programs.  He was copying Saban’s recruiting strategy and now he is copying LSU bringing in an nfl coordinator.  And sadly adding to his penchant for negative recruiting, it works,  Hopefully our passing and QB play improves next yr and we get Brock.  No excuse for losing this guy.

57 minutes ago, mom2kid said:

.  He was copying Saban’s recruiting strategy and now he is copying LSU bringing in an nfl coordinator. 

Then Gus is a great loser on all accounts.

His offense is sheit.

2 hours ago, mom2kid said:

I would reslly hate to lose this kid to IGA of all places.  Kirby goes after 5*s and copies what works for other programs.  He was copying Saban’s recruiting strategy and now he is copying LSU bringing in an nfl coordinator.  And sadly adding to his penchant for negative recruiting, it works,  Hopefully our passing and QB play improves next yr and we get Brock.  No excuse for losing this guy.

You act like incorporating winning strategies is some sort of bad thing.

No Im not saying Kirby’s is wrong just that he is obviously intent on winning at any cost.  And the negative recruiting of UGA should have Gus on the attack mode but probably not.  

Archived