2020 4* WR Ze'Vian Capers Commits To AU!

GwillMac6

I was looking at his 247 page....does Arkansas really have 17 WRs on roster? That's what it says if you look where it shows who is his recruiter for each school and how many of his position..CCM really going spread lol

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well I’m off to my birthday dinner. Hopefully I’ll come back to a birthday boom from Capers!

Happy Birthday E. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

These commitments take way too long. Let’s start announcing that the ceremony begins at a certain time, but a likely commitment time is (insert 45 minutes after ceremony beginning time here). 

10 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

These commitments take way too long. Let’s start announcing that the ceremony begins at a certain time, but a likely commitment time is (insert 45 minutes after ceremony beginning time here). 

is this anywhere that can be seen?

Boom boom booming 💥 boom 💥 

Everybody...  You are welcome.  Dropped by his high school (10 minutes down the road) and charmed his butt off.  My smile is contagious.  

Welcome to the Family! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4-star WR commits as Auburn starts July with a bang

ByKeith Niebuhr

FRISCO, TEXAS -- Auburn's receiver class for 2020 already was really good entering July. On the first day of the month, it just got a whole lot better.

Four-star recruit Ze'Vian Capers of Apharetta (Ga.) Denmark on Monday committed to the Tigers over South Carolina and Tennessee. The 6-feet-3.5, 195-pound Capers is the No. 25 receiver and No. 112 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. A former Arkansas commitment, he has a stellar 94.76 rating.

Capers is commitment No. 12 for Auburn and the sixth since June 1. The Tigers now have the No. 19 class in the country, up from No. 24 before Capers' commitment, and that could improve again Tuesday. That's when 4-star linebacker Wesley Steiner of Georgia will announce his commitment. He's down to Auburn and Stanford.

For Capers, the decision to pick Auburn apparently wasn't that difficult.

"It was just having the chance to play early and the relationships with Coach (Gus) Malzahn and (receivers coach Kodi Burns," Capers said.

Capers committed to Arkansas on Feb. 8 but then things got interesting.

Tennessee offered him March 25. Auburn followed May 15. Meanwhile, South Carolina also became a major factor. At one time, some even thought the Gamecocks had become the team most likely to flip Capers from the Razorbacks.

But after Auburn's offer came, the Tigers quietly worked on him behind the scenes to get into the mix.

He visited them June 1 for Big Cat Weekend and that went extremely well. On June 6, Capers returned to Auburn to camp for the Tigers staff. While there, he got a ton of personal attention from Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and receivers coach Kodi Burns. After that camp, Capers told Auburn Undercover his commitment to Arkansas was up in the air. The following day, he de-committed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Scouting report: Auburn getting a playmaker in Ze'Vian Capers

ByKeith Niebuhr

What kind of player is Auburn getting in new commit Ze'Vian Capers, a 4-star receiver from Alpharetta (Ga.) Denmark? Well, the 6-feet-3.5, 195-pound Capers is the No. 25 receiver and No. 112 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite. In 2018, he had 60 catches for 1,182 yards and 11 touchdowns.

We talked with two evaluators from 247Sports who are in Texas for The Opening Finals, an event at which Capers is competing this week, to get their thoughts ...

247Sports National Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong: "He's coming off a thousand-yard season and we got to see him at The Opening regionals (in Georgia) this spring -- and he was arguably the best receiver on the field. Him and another Auburn receiver commit, Kobe Hudson, I thought are the two best receiver prospects in the state of Georgia right now. He's a big athlete who can stretch the field, can separate. I think he can go up and get the ball. I think he's smooth. I think he's reliable and is a really good pickup for Auburn. And Auburn has really got one of the best receiver classes in the SEC.

247Sports National Director of Scouting: Barton Simmons: "I think he's a big receiver with the ability to be more than just a possession guy -- but also an explosive down-the-field threat. And, he's been one of the guys we've been most excited to see (at The Opening Finals) in terms of potential stock up." 

To see what Capers will bring to Auburn, check out his 2018 video highlights up above.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

BOOM! BOOM! Let’s sling the ole pigskin around next year.  

Edited by AU82

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I was looking at his 247 page....does Arkansas really have 17 WRs on roster? That's what it says if you look where it shows who is his recruiter for each school and how many of his position..CCM really going spread lol

Those positional numbers as reported by 247 on recruiting profiles are often wrong for most schools for what it’s worth.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

There was no ceremony. He had to wait till the people at The Opening were ready to interview him.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Don’t care how long it takes as long as they commit to Auburn 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Big props and thanks to our own Big Sexy @Auburn Kev  for all the articles and videos he helps post.  @toddc too!

Thanks @ellitor! I don’t always know where to put them so as to not mess up your tidy house of recruiting, but you do a great job fixing them.

Next, just like a barber shop

War Eagle Ze"Vian-------------welcome to the family!!!!!!!!