Other super regionals

Anyone watching this Vandy game? Vandy not looking so hot, although they can score runs fast. They are down 7-2 in the 5th. UCLA down 3-0 in the 8th. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap! The 3 (thanks to us) & 4 overall seeds were knocked out in regionals & the 1 & 2 overall seeds are down 1-0 in the Supers. Crazy tournament.

LSU is up 4-1 over FSU in the middle of the 6th.  Cocky LSU pitcher, Todd Peterson, had a no hitter for 5-1/3 innings.  Gave up a walk and two hits to let FSU get on the board. 

LSU vs FSU has been a good game. FSU comes back late take a 6-4 lead. LSU tried mounting a 9th inning come back with 2 on 2 out and Douplantis popped out. 

FSU went on to win it 6-4.  Arky blew out Ole Miss.  Louisville blasted E. Carolina again to earn their trip to Omaha. 

Louisville just humiliated East Carolina...outscored the Pirates 26-1 (14-1 and 12-0) and didn't give up a hit in the second game until the ninth inning.  Cards had 32 hits in the two games combined, 12 of those were doubles or triples (no home runs).  UL used four pitchers combined, ECU thirteen.

That's a severe ass kicking in my book.

Ugly ending in Lubbock...after TTU scored one in the top of the ninth they turn around and issue three walks and three wild pitches to just give the game to Oklahoma State 6-5.  Looked like a 9U game in that last half inning.  

Not sure how Tech was the visiting team playing on their own field...won the toss and elected to defer?

I am fairly sure the IQ level in Starkvegas went up a few points when Stanford showed up. I also am betting the Stanford kids Jaws are on the floor seeing the Red Neck BBQ outfield. 

14 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ugly ending in Lubbock...after TTU scored one in the top of the ninth they turn around and issue three walks and three wild pitches to just give the game to Oklahoma State 6-5.  Looked like a 9U game in that last half inning.  

Not sure how Tech was the visiting team playing on their own field...won the toss and elected to defer?

Yes, it was ugly.  Tech was home team last night.  In Supers, the team's alternate with the host being home team in games 1 and 3. 

10 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I am fairly sure the IQ level in Starkvegas went up a few points when Stanford showed up. I also am betting the Stanford kids Jaws are on the floor seeing the Red Neck BBQ outfield. 

They really dressed it up with the renovation, but it's still red as the ....

dudy_noble_2.jpg

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

In Supers, the team's alternate with the host being home team in games 1 and 3. 

Game 3 home team determined by coin toss in the SR's.  Wonder if they could defer then....?  LOL.

Kumar Rocker son of Tracy Rocker is pitching a heck of a game against Duke. Fastball topping out at 97 and his breaking ball is nasty. 10k’s by the end of the 5th. Vandy up 1-0 

Reading a little more about him. He was ranked as the 3rd best right hander and 8th best overall player in the 2018 draft.  He was not drafted until the 38th round?  I'm confused.   Did he tell all of the scouts he was going to college no matter what?  If so, I respect the heck out of that. It also shows what kind of parents he has. 

3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Reading a little more about him. He was ranked as the 3rd best right hander and 8th best overall player in the 2018 draft.  He was not drafted until the 38th round?  I'm confused.   Did he tell all of the scouts he was going to college no matter what?  If so, I respect the heck out of that. It also shows what kind of parents he has. 

The announcers said that some teams called before the draft and asked if they drafted him would he sign. He and his family said he was going to college.

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The announcers said that some teams called before the draft and asked if they drafted him would he sign. He and his family said he was going to college.

I've had this game and MSU- Stanford on split screen.  I must have been listening to the other game at that time. 

For pure entertainment I like to go read tiger rant after any LSU loss. They make our board look so tame in comparison. The recap....pretty much everything and everyone stinks...oh, and the “tame” part, relative to our board , is a positive! I love the civility here. (I was actually pulling for LSU. Can’t stand FSU)

Archived