Other super regionals

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Tracey just not like Auburn anymore?

How does AU baseball let that beast of a pitcher go to...... Vanderbilt?

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

The announcers said Rockers momma kinda made the decision. SEC competition, Vandy education.

6 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The announcers said Rockers momma kinda made the decision. SEC competition, Vandy education.

Hate it but can't blame her.....and doubt AU could match the aid he gets there.

Mich blowing their game with UCLA...

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Kumar Rocker went to high school in Athens, Georgia and his dad now works for UT at Knoxville, so Kumar's college choice could have been worse.  Then there's the Vandy education and Vandy's top-level baseball program. If he had the grades, Vandy can put him on full academic scholarship instead of the partial baseball scholarships most schools have to offer. I wish he had come to Auburn but it's hard to fault a kid and his mom choosing Vandy for college baseball.

This UCLA/Mich game is crazy. Unbelievable that UCLA had bases loaded with no outs and could not score.  Of course, a bit of luck involved but luck is part of the game😊

9 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Kumar Rocker son of Tracy Rocker is pitching a heck of a game against Duke. 

Tracy Rocker’s kid went to Vandy?!?!   

Sad day😰   (Edit:  Sorry, I didn’t read the 50 other posts about this before I posted)

I've always said that the first place you can lose a baseball game is if your pitcher doesn't throw strikes. The second place goes to poor play by your catcher. Anyone who doesn't agree with this hasn't been watching these other tournament games. Passed balls and wild pitches that a good catcher would have stopped are playing a big part in who wins or loses.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Kumar Rocker went to high school in Athens, Georgia and his dad now works for UT at Knoxville, so Kumar's college choice could have been worse.  Then there's the Vandy education and Vandy's top-level baseball program. If he had the grades, Vandy can put him on full academic scholarship instead of the partial baseball scholarships most schools have to offer. I wish he had come to Auburn but it's hard to fault a kid and his mom choosing Vandy for college baseball.

my understanding is his mom is the one that totally wanted him to go to Vandy, bc of the great combination of education and great baseball program. If you are a pitcher, Vandy's head coach is the standard for getting your son to the next level.

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes

10 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Didn't have a choice. Vandy can offer more scholarships & scholly money than most schools in the nation for baseball.

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Vandy's head coach is the standard for getting your son to the next level.

15 first round draft picks from Vandy under Corbin (not all pitchers, of course).  Only school in history to have two number one overall picks (Price and Swanson).  Right now, if you get an offer from Vandy you go, they check every box for "student athlete".  And that head coach is phenomenal on every level.....

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Vandy can offer more scholarships & scholly money than most schools in the nation for baseball.

You know that's not correct, the way it's worded.  Every NCAA division I institution can offer a total (equivalent money) of 11.7 baseball scholarships which can be divided between a maximum of 27 players..  There are other ways to scholarship kids but they CANNOT be given higher priority simply because of baseball talent.  Pepperdine is the poster child for this violation.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Vandy can offer more scholarships & scholly money than most schools in the nation for baseball.

Incorrect.    Oops, see POD's post above, he covered it quite well.

10 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

This UCLA/Mich game is crazy. Unbelievable that UCLA had bases loaded with no outs and could not score.  Of course, a bit of luck involved but luck is part of the game😊

I was flipping through the Supers when I came to Ucla and Michigan whe I heard one of the announcers dont know who he was said I have to apologize to Butch Thompson.  Anyone know what he was apologizing for.  The other announcer says if he will accept your apology.

5 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You know that's not correct, the way it's worded.  Every NCAA division I institution can offer a total (equivalent money) of 11.7 baseball scholarships which can be divided between a maximum of 27 players..  There are other ways to scholarship kids but they CANNOT be given higher priority simply because of baseball talent.  Pepperdine is the poster child for this violation.

I was talking about the extra schollies Vandy can offer from being a private school & have extra schollies outside of baseball that can be tweeked in essence to be used for baseball. Therefore the post was correct. there were just a couple of details on the why that was not in the post.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Incorrect.    Oops, see POD's post above, he covered it quite well.

It is correct. He just explained the details as to why. If y'all want to play semantics the go right ahead

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yes

Didn't have a choice. Vandy can offer more scholarships & scholly money than most schools in the nation for baseball.

If you have the grades to get in and the grades to get academic money. 

Vandy - Duke are in a lightning delay, and have been for a couple of hours.   Vandy is up 12-2 in the 6th.  

Ole Miss tied the series with Arky, winning 13-5.  

FSU is up 3-0 over LSU in the bottom of the 3rd. 

FSU runner going to 2nd on a routine double play ball.  He slides straight into the bag with a pop up slide interfering with the SS attempt at a throw.  The runner was called out but no interference was called because no throw was made.  If the SS had thrown it away, I wonder if they would have called it. 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

If you have the grades to get in and the grades to get academic money. 

Have the grades...but the school decides what the grades must be....and private schools like Vandy have huge scholarship funds and can provide help where they decide it's necessary......they set their own standards which can include need.   It's been pretty well established over the years that about every Vandy baseball players is on what amounts to a full scholarship.

Below is from Vandy web site....

At Vanderbilt University, 50 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $47,294.

For academic year 2017-2018, total 4,455 students (65% of undergraduate students) received one or more financial aid including grants, scholarship, and/or student loans. The average financial aid amount is $39,717. For freshmen*, 1,119 students (70% of enrolled students received financial aid.

LSU joins Auburn with the biggest hose job I’ve seen via replay. 

I don’t think I can trust the NCAA. That was pretty clear. 

Archived