Baseball vs North Carolina ...game 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

DON’T WATCH TOMORROW!!!

🙏🤞🙈

7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Go somewhere tomorrow......far far away from any device broadcasting the game.....🤣 :tease:

I'll take one for the team and only watch the replay after I know the game is over.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m hoping horn can start the game and give us an inning or 2.  The last good outing by fitts was a long relief right?  Let’s do that again - but without the deficit to start the game.  Let burns come in as a closer to shut them out in the 8th and 9th

Will be on a flight to Hawaii tomorrow during the game. Hopefully will get to watch a replay of a win sending AU to the CWS. WAR EAGLE

24 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m hoping horn can start the game and give us an inning or 2.  The last good outing by fitts was a long relief right?  Let’s do that again - but without the deficit to start the game.  Let burns come in as a closer to shut them out in the 8th and 9th

I'd be willing to bet Tanner Burns sat next to Butch Thompon at dinner and begged him the whole time to give the ball tomorrow...love that kid's mental makeup.

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

War Eagle! Just got home and watched the game. I'll take some credit for the win since I wasn't able to watch it live. We tend to win more when I don't watch. 

Good man. Way to take one for the team

Just got back to my computer...…. but wifey found the game on her smart phone and we listened to the entire game while we drove to Charlotte...the last inning while sitting in the parking lot at the arena where my grand daughter was getting ready to have her graduation.   Game ended just in time for us to go in and watch her get the diploma......we were in a really good mood for the somewhat long and boring program.. 😁   

Would have been really tough to have lost the game and then have sit for more than 2 hours watching a bunch of kids get their diplomas and parents screaming for them.....but I was pretty mellow about the whole affair. 

8 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

I don't think I've ever seen a team catch as many bad breaks as we have with our pitchers this season. Horn has been sharp his last two outings, now this! Helluva job from the coaches and players to get us to where we are in spite of all the adversity.

I wouldn't have liked to be a pitcher or batter in this game. That ump's strike zone expanded and contracted with no rhyme or reason.

We have one good bunter on the team and that's Kason Howell. If he's not at the plate, don't bunt.

Win tomorrow!

Cody with some scary outings lately. Expect he is done for the weekend...hoping TB could take an inning of two if needed to nail down a win.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Expect he is done for the weekend

Doubt it if he is needed. He threw 37 pitches yesterday. After throwing 90 in a game vs LSU a few weeks ago he can & likely will pitch again barring blowouts.

18 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

14 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Good news

As I recall, over the years, some of the most dominant player performances have come on the heals of flus and stomach bugs.

I feel a Superman performance coming on...

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs North Carolina ...game 1
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Doubt it if he is needed. He threw 37 pitches yesterday. After throwing 90 in a game vs LSU a few weeks ago he can & likely will pitch again barring blowouts.

maybe but don't think he has been the same since that game....don't I recall that he.has had a couple rough outings if he has gone more than one inning...or back to back games..?

On 6/9/2019 at 7:00 AM, AU64 said:

Expect he is done for the weekend

On 6/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, ellitor said:

Doubt it if he is needed.

giphy.gif

On 6/9/2019 at 11:37 AM, AU64 said:

maybe but don't think he has been the same since that game....don't I recall that he.has had a couple rough outings if he has gone more than one inning...or back to back games..?

He had a rough outing this time as well. 1&2/3 innings pitched, gave up three hits and a walk with zero strikeouts. If Williams doesn't make that fantastic catch to end the 8th inning, this thing could have gotten scary. We are going to need the "old" Greenhill in Omaha. A reliever is expected pitch two or three games in a row, if the pitch count says below, say, 50 in each game. That's what they are supposed to do.

Just now, Mikey said:

He had a rough outing this time as well. 1&2/3 innings pitched, gave up three hits and a walk with zero strikeouts. If Williams doesn't make that fantastic catch to end the 8th inning, this thing could have gotten scary. We are going to need the "old" Greenhill in Omaha. A reliever is expected pitch two or three games in a row, if the pitch count says below, say, 50 in each game. That's what they are supposed to do.

He had a tough strike zone at CH but also plenty of room for mistakes with huge leads in both games.

If the radar guns were correct, most of his fastballs were sub-90 and he really needs to be on target with them....very hittable if umps make it necessary to throw a belt high pitch over the middle in order to get a strike. 

Maybe the home plate umps will be better and more consistent in Omaha...that would help him.  

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If the radar guns were correct, most of his fastballs were sub-90 and he really needs to be on target with them.

I noticed this as well. Most of Fitt's fastballs were clocking at 90 or 91. If he's throwing harder than Greenhill, something's not right with "The Bull".

Archived