Baseball vs. North Carolina - game 2

Leaving the bases jacked gives me an ominous feeling. Hope Bailey gets it together. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put 32 pitches into their guy to start it off and put some pressure on him. Lets put up a zero and get back to work

Two more walks...BH  having some problems but might get out of this.

Just here but looks like UNC beat up on Horn in the first and maybe we were lucky to get by with only 2 runs

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

I am so disappointed in this umpiring crew. They’ve been so inconsistent behind the plate 

Yep...you would think the umps would be top notch for the tournament .....but both teams …..lots of batters looking back on that umps on some of the called strikes....

It appears to me they are having trouble calling anything with side to side movement. Horn comes from a wide lefty’s arm slot crossing over or into the plate. Their guy is throwing darts 4 inches off the plate with a good frame job by the catcher and they call it a strike. 

Entire complexion of an inning can change on one poor strike/ball call. Yes, they’re human, they make mistakes, but be consistent for Pete's sake.

Howell with a 2 out walk. 

Side bar question, was Tracy Rocker at the Vandy game to watch his kids No-No?  I don’t think they ever showed him, but showed his mom a lot. Just curious. I wouldn’t miss that type of game for the world!!!

Telling ya, I like the looks of this UNC pitcher for him to hit the eject button soon and break down. Keep it 2-4 run deficit here early, keep in contact during the middle innings, and take advantage when he inevitably gives you a mistake early in an inning. 

52 pitches through 2 innings. 

1 minute ago, jw 4 au said:

Side bar question, was Tracy Rocket at the Vandy game to watch his kids No-No?  I don’t think they ever showed him, but showed his mom a lot. Just curious. I wouldn’t miss that type of game for the world!!!

Seen him at other games...very stoic..... ...don't recall whether they were sitting together...... .mom gets all the TV time

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

UNC 1b makes great play to end the 2nd. 

2-0 UNC T3

Tigers need to hang in there on D

yep....seem to be getting our opportunities....but can't let too many of them get away... 

3 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Side bar question, was Tracy Rocker at the Vandy game to watch his kids No-No?  I don’t think they ever showed him, but showed his mom a lot. Just curious. I wouldn’t miss that type of game for the world!!!

Yes, he was there.  They showed him at the end. 

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Do we have confirmation that tgrogan is not near a tv???

As much as I want to watch live, I'm only following along on this thread. Not watching it. 

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

As much as I want to watch live, I'm only following along on this thread. Not watching it. 

Appreciate your dedication. But if UNC puts any more runs across we’re also going to have to ask you to close your browser and not report back to the forum until later this afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience 

Archived