Baseball vs. North Carolina - game 2

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Bailey is really struggling with his control.  

yep....working hard....65 pitches already.....what's he good for?  maybe 80 or so...which at this rate would be just another inning...

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Bailey is really struggling with his control.  

But grinding like a gamer through it so far! If after that first inning, you’d have told me they’d put up goose eggs the next two innings I wouldn’t have believed it. Let’s erase our own goose egg right now with the top part of the order!

Sorry I’m late looks like I missed some fun... horn gets the last guy on a strike out. Both pitchers throwing a lot in the first few innings. Time to return the favor to unc and get to their guy

Just now, AU64 said:

yep....working hard....65 pitches already.....what's he good for?  maybe 80 or so...which at this rate would be just another inning...

Not to jinx his next inning, but after hearing he was sick, last night I think us or the coaching staff would have taken 4 innings/2 runs from him. 

I'll give the HP Ump credit.  He is being very consistent... with his inconsistency.  Unlike the guy yesterday, whose strike zone favored the NC pitcher. 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think Conor decides to swing before the pitch. Not sure what he looks for on first pitch. 

He has terrible plate discipline.  But when he connects it is normally a screamer.  

Need Bailey to have a similar inning here. 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think Conor decides to swing before the pitch. Not sure what he looks for on first pitch. 

Today, he’s deciding to swing at pitches in the dirt, and take pitches that are strikes. Then mumble about the ump. He needs to step it up. He had a good day yesterday, but is struggling today. 

Whoops, my hypothesizing to 64 about Bailey getting through 4 innings with only 2 runs allowed is already a jinx. Bailey with a leadoff walk and the top of the order coming up.

So to reverse the jinx, Bailey is going to walk the yard here. I feel it. 

lead off walk....can't keep giving them free bases....

Going to the bullpen. 3.1 for Bailey with 6 BB but only 2 runs allowed (responsible for the runner on first). Not sure who’s the replacement yet but Ryan Watson was warming up

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Whoops, my hypothesizing to 64 about Bailey getting through 4 innings with only 2 runs allowed is already a jinx. Bailey with a leadoff walk and the top of the order coming up.

So to reverse the jinx, Bailey is going to walk the yard here. I feel it. 

Could make it through the inning if UNC helps with some quick outs.....they seem to work our pitchers ….

Well...that's it...and frankly BH did just fine....a struggle but only 2 runs to the point.....as with yesterday....not likely that 2 or 3 will be enough for the 'heels.....bats just need to come alive.

Ok Ryan. Let’s make it happen. 

Bailey is still feeling that stomach bug. Appreciate the work Mr. Horn. 

Archived