2020 4* S Chris Thompson JR Commits to AU!!!

GwillMac6

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Why am I tagged? lol

Wondering if you've seen anything else on him that leads him to committing here...I mean you are the recruit guy..

Edited by WFE12

Just now, WFE12 said:

Wondering if you've seen anything else on him that leads him to committing here...

The latest I have seen is in the thread. When there's something new that's a shift from what has been posted, then I'll post it. FWIW 2nd thing I did when I got home from work today was check to see if there was nwe info on CTJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

The latest I have seen is in the thread. When there's something new that's a shift from what has been posted, then I'll post it. FWIW 2nd thing I did when I got home from work today was check to see if there was nwe info on CTJ.

What was the first thing? Remember, this is a family forum.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fredst said:

What was the first thing? Remember, this is a family forum.....

Lol. Nothing exciting like that. Just made sure the info on Domio was still good for AU.

• Like 1

I don't know what Texas's mechanical engineering program is like but it can't be a bad thing for AU that he want to be a mechanical engineer right?

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Down to the wire. Very tight per Keith & Texas Reporters.

Yep! 

I can't get optimistic about this one.  CB a few weeks ago to Texas from an A&M guy who is 44 of 44 on his predictions.  I believe we've become a serious contender, but still....   I'll just count this one as a bonus if it happens.

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I can't get optimistic about this one.  CB a few weeks ago to Texas from an A&M guy who is 44 of 44 on his predictions.  I believe we've become a serious contender, but still....   I'll just count this one as a bonus if it happens.

We've got some things going for us. UTx's depth chart is loaded at safety with some studs. That leads to some early PT and Steele proved with Smoke and Sherwood that he'll play tFR. Another is his parents like for AU.

That said, from a UTx coach, he feels very good about it but thinks it's a toss up. 

I think it'll be UTx but will be ecstatic if he chooses us.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

from a UTx coach, he feels very good about it but thinks it's a toss up.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

Sorry. Let's try it this way. He thinks it's a toss up but he is confident they will win out.

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* S Chris Thompson JR Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor pinned this topic

Boom boom booming boom 💥 

:wareagle: for me one of the most mature and inspiring committment videos!!! Well done young man.....hats off to his parents!

• Like 1

I did have a good feeling with this,   a talented safety through and through? This guy is so rare for our team I'm hope he's given the VIP treatment his time here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Huge pull by Crime Dawg.  I think every Crystal Ball had him heading to the Longhorns. 

No kidding. I don’t think anyone really thought we stood a chance in this one except the coaches. 

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

We've got some things going for us. UTx's depth chart is loaded at safety with some studs. That leads to some early PT and Steele proved with Smoke and Sherwood that he'll play tFR. Another is his parents like for AU.

That said, from a UTx coach, he feels very good about it but thinks it's a toss up. 

I think it'll be UTx but will be ecstatic if he chooses us.

Some times it just feels so good to be wrong!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I did have a good feeling with this,   a talented safety through and through? This guy is so rare for our team I'm hope he's given the VIP treatment his time here

It does seem pretty rare that we sign a top safety.