2020 4* S Chris Thompson JR Commits to AU!!!

GwillMac6

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This one may not be over fellas. Apparently he told some Texas commits last night that it was going to be the Longhorns per Keith.

It's not unheard of for kids to tell other kids what they want to hear. With his parents behind his decision, I'm no more worried about this guy flipping then I am about any of the others. Nothing's final until the fax comes in, but I'd rather be on this side of it than Texas's side.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It's not unheard of for kids to tell other kids what they want to hear. With his parents behind his decision, I'm no more worried about this guy flipping then I am about any of the others. Nothing's final until the fax comes in, but I'd rather be on this side of it than Texas's side.

I was going to say he didn't have to tell them anything but we don't know if they were hounding him for an answer. That's possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It does seem pretty rare that we sign a top safety. 

Smoke & Sherwood.

Crime Dog had another big timer lined up before he left for Ole Miss. Devin Hunter was a silent to AU before that happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It does seem pretty rare that we sign a top safety. 

Yep. Hasn't happened since Monday and Sherwood signed in the '18 class. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Yep. Hasn't happened since Monday and Sherwood signed in the '18 class. :)

And before them?

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And before them?

What positions did Nick Ruffin & Stephen Roberts play for us? Both in the 2014 class.

Tucker Fredrickson was one helluva safety. Why the stupid NFL guys made him into an all-pro running back I'll never know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Impressively, we have two recruits in two days from Texas, both in the secondary. Thrilled to be making some inroads.

• Like 5

Is this the best defensive recruiting staff in AU history? I know it's somewhat subjective, but they've gotta be in the conversation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CR said:

Is this the best defensive recruiting staff in AU history? I know it's somewhat subjective, but they've gotta be in the conversation.

Probably when you consider star ratings and rankings but it's hard to beat Tuberville defenses when it came to effectiveness.

2 minutes ago, CR said:

AU history is a long, long time. Say in the past 20 years and you're in the ballpark, assuming the bulk of our current commits sign with AU.

Just now, ellitor said:

Sooo the Birdman is the bagman???

tenor.gif?itemid=6233544

The only bags I have are squarely under my eyes

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Impressively, we have two recruits in two days from Texas, both in the secondary. Thrilled to be making some inroads.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, CR said:

I think so.

• Thanks 1

I was hoping to be at or over 20 commits by December. We may get there around the time the season starts.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sounds like we have a bird in the bushes handing out the bags :laugh:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was hoping to be at or over 20 commits by December. We may get there around the time the season starts.

With the new signing day, we really need to be. That gives us a leg up on next years class.

• Like 1