2020 3* OG/C Tate Johnson Commits to AU!

ellitor

I played OL growing up (played both ways on the line) ... our coaches didn’t teach us technique but those bayou boys taught us to be mean ... and I was a seriously raging mean lineman.  

I loved the pain and blood ... I want our lineman to embrace it and love it!

• Like 1

I prefer to keep this kind of talk confined to the locker room. Had this been one of my players, (way back in the day) I'd have told him to stop whining. Play tough and when it's over keep any crybaby stuff private.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

@WarTiger how is this not illegal touching?

@LKEEL75 Tackle eligible play. The OL reports to the ref as an eligible player on the play before hand & the ref lets the defense know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

He'll be here primarily to help recruit. Great thinking on somebody's part because we need to close strong.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He'll be here primarily to help recruit. Great thinking on somebody's part because we need to close strong.

As of now I think there's only 1 uncommitted target coming in this weekend, Juco DT Marquis Burks.

• Like 1

Just now, ellitor said:

As of now I think there's only 1 uncommitted target coming in this weekend, Juco DT Marquis Burks.

There has been talk of more, but if only one shows up it was still good planning to have a quality, firmly committed guy on hand for the final recruiting weekend of the early signing period.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There has been talk of more, but if only one shows up it was still good planning to have a quality, firmly committed guy on hand for the final recruiting weekend of the early signing period.

Yeah. there was supposedly a secret Buck target & QB Spann is a possibility but haven't seen anything confirmed on them yet.

I'm a fan boy for Tate Johnson. I read an article about how he's shed fat and gotten stronger. He looks it. That kid looks like he's carrying 300 pounds of good weight, which is rare. I'm on board with his future.

• Like 1