Sign in to follow this  
AUght2win

You won't believe this

Recommended Posts





1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

This became true when we made the Final Four, but the CWS berth made me do the research. 

Auburn has now made each of the following:

- College Football NC game

- Men's Final Four

- Women's Final Four

- Men's Baseball World Series

- Women's Softball World Series

Only 5 teams in the history of American Collegiate Athletics have done so. Auburn, Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, and Georgia. SPREAD. THIS. STAT. 

But which of them have an Equestrian NC? 😀

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Bruce at the helm and Casey Mize taken first overall in the MLB draft last year, it's very possible we could complete the triple crown with a #1 overall pick in football, baseball, and basketball. 

Only LSU and UCLA have done that one, I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, guys, I know we've won in more sports than those listed. But I'm not using an arbitrary qualifier. I'm listing the 5 biggest stages in all of NCAA competition.

We have now made all 5. That's impressive.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Also, guys, I know we've won in more sports than those listed. But I'm not using an arbitrary qualifier. I'm listing the 5 biggest stages in all of NCAA competition.

We have now made all 5. That's impressive.

We understand that.  We're just having some fun with it. Today was fun. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr82be said:

We understand that.  We're just having some fun with it. Today was fun. 

You were, the others weren't 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we be entering another golden age in Auburn men's athletics? I have confidence that Bruce and Butch will keep this up. I'm cautiously optimistic with where our football team is heading with our young QB's and Gus backed in the corner. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Could we be entering another golden age in Auburn men's athletics? I have confidence that Bruce and Butch will keep this up. I'm cautiously optimistic with where our football team is heading with our young QB's and Gus backed in the corner. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger. 

If Gus gets good, then awesome, we have our coach and a roster stacked with young talent. If Gus doesn't get good, then awesome, we have a new coach and a roster stacked with young talent. 

Agreed about the other teams. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget our chess team is absolutely killing it too.  Should have won the National Championship but a controversial call denied us.  Led to a clearing of the benches of both sides.  Two people suffered minor injuries.  Definitely not a sport for the light-hearted.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Don't forget our chess team is absolutely killing it too.  Should have won the National Championship but a controversial call denied us.  Led to a clearing of the benches of both sides.  Two people suffered minor injuries.  Definitely not a sport for the light-hearted.

image.png

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Don't forget our chess team is absolutely killing it too.  Should have won the National Championship but a controversial call denied us.  Led to a clearing of the benches of both sides.  Two people suffered minor injuries.  Definitely not a sport for the light-hearted.

That's so Auburn to take two steps forward and one step sideways. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Could we be entering another golden age in Auburn men's athletics? I have confidence that Bruce and Butch will keep this up. I'm cautiously optimistic with where our football team is heading with our young QB's and Gus backed in the corner. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger. 

My first thought was Ali's rope a dope... hopefully Gus can get his swagger back like this. 

tumblr_mymp1fFAm01r6jnjdo1_400.gif

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we add "and won it" to the NC Football game then we can cross uga off the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also have a Women's Track and Field National Title. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

Okay, I have no love for Jacobs but if you say something like that we need specifics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

Way over the top. Jay Jacobs is a big part of the coaches currently here at Auburn. And no I am not this big jay Jacobs fan.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

I won’t call my friend evil, but I will say that things are better off now. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this