You won't believe this

AUght2win

This became true when we made the Final Four, but the CWS berth made me do the research. 

Auburn has now made each of the following:

- College Football NC game

- Men's Final Four

- Women's Final Four

- Men's Baseball World Series

- Women's Softball World Series

Only 5 teams in the history of American Collegiate Athletics have done so. Auburn, Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, and Georgia. SPREAD. THIS. STAT. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

This became true when we made the Final Four, but the CWS berth made me do the research. 

Auburn has now made each of the following:

- College Football NC game

- Men's Final Four

- Women's Final Four

- Men's Baseball World Series

- Women's Softball World Series

Only 5 teams in the history of American Collegiate Athletics have done so. Auburn, Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, and Georgia. SPREAD. THIS. STAT. 

But which of them have an Equestrian NC? 😀

With Bruce at the helm and Casey Mize taken first overall in the MLB draft last year, it's very possible we could complete the triple crown with a #1 overall pick in football, baseball, and basketball. 

Only LSU and UCLA have done that one, I believe. 

Also, guys, I know we've won in more sports than those listed. But I'm not using an arbitrary qualifier. I'm listing the 5 biggest stages in all of NCAA competition.

We have now made all 5. That's impressive.

54 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Also, guys, I know we've won in more sports than those listed. But I'm not using an arbitrary qualifier. I'm listing the 5 biggest stages in all of NCAA competition.

We have now made all 5. That's impressive.

We understand that.  We're just having some fun with it. Today was fun. 

Could we be entering another golden age in Auburn men's athletics? I have confidence that Bruce and Butch will keep this up. I'm cautiously optimistic with where our football team is heading with our young QB's and Gus backed in the corner. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger. 

45 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Could we be entering another golden age in Auburn men's athletics? I have confidence that Bruce and Butch will keep this up. I'm cautiously optimistic with where our football team is heading with our young QB's and Gus backed in the corner. It's great to be an Auburn Tiger. 

If Gus gets good, then awesome, we have our coach and a roster stacked with young talent. If Gus doesn't get good, then awesome, we have a new coach and a roster stacked with young talent. 

Agreed about the other teams. 

Don't forget our chess team is absolutely killing it too.  Should have won the National Championship but a controversial call denied us.  Led to a clearing of the benches of both sides.  Two people suffered minor injuries.  Definitely not a sport for the light-hearted.

50 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Don't forget our chess team is absolutely killing it too.  Should have won the National Championship but a controversial call denied us.  Led to a clearing of the benches of both sides.  Two people suffered minor injuries.  Definitely not a sport for the light-hearted.

image.png

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

That's so Auburn to take two steps forward and one step sideways. 

3 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

My first thought was Ali's rope a dope... hopefully Gus can get his swagger back like this. 

tumblr_mymp1fFAm01r6jnjdo1_400.gif

Also have a Women's Track and Field National Title. 

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

46 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

Okay, I have no love for Jacobs but if you say something like that we need specifics. 

6 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Way over the top. Jay Jacobs is a big part of the coaches currently here at Auburn. And no I am not this big jay Jacobs fan.

17 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I won’t call my friend evil, but I will say that things are better off now. 

Archived