You won't believe this

AUght2win

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

I won’t call my friend evil, but I will say that things are better off now. 

Appreciate and respect the candor, EMT. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:18 PM, bigbird said:
On 6/10/2019 at 7:17 PM, around4ever said:

Golf?

Sucks

So, what you're saying is that if you and Golf ever played a round together it might look like this...

tenor.gif

23 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

With Greene not having ties has to make the job a little easier..........I imagine it was tough for Jay.........I cant imgagine Jay would do anything to destroy Auburn........If anything had way too many good ole boys in his ear.......In my opinion...........far far from evil.

36 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

So, what you're saying is that if you and Golf ever played a round together it might look like this...

tenor.gif

No bout a doubt it

Jay Jacobs isn’t a bad dude. He actually is a very kind fella who really does love Auburn. He got his job through working his way to the top. If you ever meet him, though, you’ll ask yourself, “really?” He’s just a simple guy. He didn’t look at Auburn through the lens of a million/billion $ company. He often depended on BOT to tell him the next direction. He wasn’t really a “vision” guy. Specific example:

JJ at meeting: “We are gonna be the preemptive ADept in college athletics.”

BOT: “How?”

JJ: “We are going to put a plan in place.”

That kind of thing. He had a bloated support staff of folks he was too weak to fire, but made sure that if you crossed him or threatened his job by being too good that you were moved to another department. 

We have to give him credit for Bruce, tho...and in my book, that at least tempers many years of bad decisions.

In conclusion: As bad as Satan? No. More like Mr. Roper. (If you get the reference.)

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

We have to give him credit for Bruce, tho...and in my book, that at least tempers many years of bad decisions.

And Butch.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

And Butch.

Seems that all those national championships and the final four, the CWS....and more still …..the stuff everyone is  bragging about on this site …..well they came about because of coaches hired by JJ.     It's as if ADs at other schools...like bama for example..... make the correct hire every time....    Not liking JJ is fine...but saying stupid stuff is not necessary.....but maybe it's alcohol talking....:dunno:   hope so since that would be a legit excuse.  

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Seems that all those national championships and the final four, the CWS....and more still …..the stuff everyone is  bragging about on this site …..well they came about because of coaches hired by JJ.     It's as if ADs at other schools...like bama for example..... make the correct hire every time....    Not liking JJ is fine...but saying stupid stuff is not necessary.....but maybe it's alcohol talking....:dunno:   hope so since that would be a legit excuse.  

Well, to give a complete picture you also have to point out that he hired Tom Slater and Sunny Golloway.  You have to point out that he also hired Tony Barbee and Jeff Lebo.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Well, to give a complete picture you also have to point out that he hired Tom Slater and Sunny Golloway.  You have to point out that he also hired Tony Barbee and Jeff Lebo.

The good thing is he eventually found the right coach. Even great ADs would be okay with 1/3 if that meant the 1 would be great. 

I’m not sure what kind of role he had in hiring Lebo either. 

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

yep and every school hires coaches they regret hiring....so what's the big deal?   

Bama hired a string of losers before Saban...and has a run of bad basketball coaches right now and some questionable baseball coaches. Just about every coach hired the same year we hired Gus has already been fired....which proves nothing.....except that making good coaching hires is not an easy task. 

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Jay Jacobs isn’t a bad dude. He actually is a very kind fella who really does love Auburn. He got his job through working his way to the top. If you ever meet him, though, you’ll ask yourself, “really?” He’s just a simple guy. He didn’t look at Auburn through the lens of a million/billion $ company. He often depended on BOT to tell him the next direction. He wasn’t really a “vision” guy. Specific example:

JJ at meeting: “We are gonna be the preemptive ADept in college athletics.”

BOT: “How?”

JJ: “We are going to put a plan in place.”

That kind of thing. He had a bloated support staff of folks he was too weak to fire, but made sure that if you crossed him or threatened his job by being too good that you were moved to another department. 

In conclusion: As bad as Satan? No. More like Mr. Roper. (If you get the reference.)

This Mr. Roper?

giphy.gif

On 6/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, AUght2win said:

I'd still like to hear specifics if ya got 'em. More evil than Satan? I hate vague forum-speak. 

What he did with the excess tickets was far from decent....

The way he handled the Golloway parting was a flat out lie....

He was  a scumbag empowered by the SACS sanctions.  Should have NEVER been AD.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

It's all factual.  He loved Auburn athletics...nearly to death.  How naive can you be?  Stupid is as stupid does and you've got no idea how Jacobs padded his pockets sitting in a chair he had no businees being in...outside of being a "Dye guy".   Scott Duval should be force to tell all.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

yep and every school hires coaches they regret hiring....so what's the big deal?   

Bama hired a string of losers before Saban...and has a run of bad basketball coaches right now and some questionable baseball coaches. Just about every coach hired the same year we hired Gus has already been fired....which proves nothing.....except that making good coaching hires is not an easy task. 

It isn’t a big deal and I wasn’t making it one. I simply said you can’t just praise him for landing on Bruce and Butch without also mentioning the misses that preceded them when looking at his tenure. 

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It isn’t a big deal and I wasn’t making it one. I simply said you can’t just praise him for landing on Bruce and Butch without also mentioning the misses that preceded them when looking at his tenure. 

Guess I tend to look for the positives when I can....life seems to be more enjoyable that way....

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess I tend to look for the positives when I can....life seems to be more enjoyable that way....

Except for Bruce and Kevin... amirite?

49 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm a fairly positive person too.  I'm glad JJ hired Bruce and Butch.  But when discussing the job he did as AD, you can't cherrypick either way.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm a fairly positive person too.  I'm glad JJ hired Bruce and Butch.  But when discussing the job he did as AD, you can't cherrypick either way.

I guess it depends on the legacy that his champion coaches leave behind. I have to think that if Bruce and Butch succeed for many more years, the bad hires prior will be easier to forget. There wasn’t much continued success prior, the expectations were low and it’s little easier when his picks strike out then imo. If his coaches keep cutting down nets and/or go to the CWS, the common denominator behind those hires will stand out as they continue to make Auburn history. 

The late Mal Moore was a champion as an AC for Bryant before he ever recruited Saban but you have to believe that single hire was his golden ride to the top. Nevermind the fact that he had DuBose, the Mike Price scandal, the Albert Means scandal, Shula and Franchione duds,  and was embarrassed by Rich Rod. After that, Mr Malfunction was the man! 

9 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I accept that and would give him a B or maybe B- for the job he did over the years..  but was just saying the hatred voiced by some folks is way out of range.    By and large JJ navigated the political waters of AU and the BOT pretty well.  The grass always seems greener elsewhere to some of our folks.   

On 6/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jay Jacobs  was as evil as Satan himself and there is nothing sarcastic in that statement.  The darkness that he held our athletic department in should have been prosecuted criminally.  Allen Greene's arrival should be a national holiday. THIS is the golden era of Auburn athletics.

Can always count on you to post something for a good laugh.

Archived