Three best Auburn players to not win a Heisman

im4aual

17 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Rocker

I know Tracy wouldn’t have won because of his position but if we are using the word “best” as indicated in the op, no way I could leave him out. 

I feel Fairley had a more dominant season than Rocker. I know the defensive team stats favor 1988 over 2010, but 88 had far better defensive talent than 10. Fairley was a one-man gang who took over games such as MSU, LSU, bammer and Oregon. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, wde21 said:

Aundray Bruce

Bruce was the original freak before Jevon Kearse. 6’5” 270 playing OLB. He absolutely obliterated Georgia Tech in 1987. Three INTs and one pick-six. I had him 4th on my list of most talented behind Fairley and ahead of Dansby. 

Top 3 Defense non-Heisman:

1. Aundray Bruce

2. Carlos Rogers

3.  Jaime Howard 😎

Top 3 Offense non-Heisman:

1.  Tre Mason

2.  Brent Fullwood

3.  Daniel Carlson

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I feel Fairley had a more dominant season than Rocker. I know the defensive team stats favor 1988 over 2010, but 88 had far better defensive talent than 10. Fairley was a one-man gang who took over games such as MSU, LSU, bammer and Oregon. 

I can't recall any Auburn defensive player affecting games like Fairley did. In fact, Cam and Bo are likely the only two other players in my time who stood out as much on the field. Like you said, most of the other names that come to mind played on much more complete defenses. 

3 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Top 3 Defense non-Heisman:

1. Aundray Bruce

2. Carlos Rogers

3.  Jaime Howard 😎

No Fairley?

And Mr. INT was Jamie. 

On 6/10/2019 at 7:00 PM, im4aual said:

Who do you think are the three best Auburn players who did not win the Heisman?

In no particular order mine are : Terry Beasley, Brent Fullwood, and Tracy Rocker.

Honorable mention:  Tucker Frederickson, James Brooks, Ben Tamburello

Nick Marshall should have won it in 2013. Unreal what he did with that team. Coming off a 3-9 season. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nick Marshall should have won it in 2013. Unreal what he did with that team. Coming off a 3-9 season. 

My vote would have gone to Tre Mason.

10 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Nope.  No Fairley.  He just wasn’t the contributor that Jamie Howard was.

Image result for turd ferguson gif

13 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Nick Marshall is like a dead painter. Wasn't fully appreciated while he was here, but now his body of work grows more valuable every year.

And that's not a smart ass response. I'm fully guilty of looking forward to Jeremy Johnson in 2014 and now realizing how many things Nick did that I took for granted. Dude just don't pop on a stats sheet like quarterbacks who do win Heismans. Maybe if we'd had a defense in 2014 he would have had a chance. 

To @ellitor's point, I have no problem with Tre being a finalist in 2013. We went to the big dance, he produced in the postseason, and he did have the stats. Just how Heisman voting goes, I guess. He was amazing, but he also had the other pieces in place to actually go to New York. 

I still consider Ronnie to be an all around better back than Cadillac, though they were both legendary. I think if they'd both come through at different times, either could have been in New York.

Ronnie may be the best back I have ever seen in my relatively short life.

I don't think anybody has mentioned KJ. That surprises me a little. I don't know if he's on my list or not, but I think he easily belongs in the conversation. Also, I think he's on his way to being our best NFL RB since Ronnie. 

Tucker Fredrickson, (Finished 2nd in the Heisman voting, overall #1 pick in the NFL draft)

Terry Beasley (Had to be seen to be believed)

Tre Mason (Most under-appreciated player I can think of)

On 6/10/2019 at 7:59 PM, AUsince72 said:

....or perhaps Ronnie B. had he not had to share with Caddy...

We were blessed with that problem😉..........wish we could have kept Brandon Jacobs.......loved watching him runover folks.........1st year of Pop Warner I wanted to play rb...my favorite position........even chose Robert New House's 44......too tall and lankey and was quickly moved to TE.......Guess coaches new what they were doing as by 8th grade I was 6'5 and ran a 5.2 40. 😂.......................Ronnie, Caddy, Beasley.........we could easily make a top 10.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, api1957 said:

Tre Mason

Steven Davis

Rudi Johnson 

We could easily make a top 10👍

P.S..........Please never change your pic as I light a big smile everytime I read your posts......."Don't **** with the Wongs"😁

On 6/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, McLoofus said:

Nick Marshall is like a dead painter. Wasn't fully appreciated while he was here, but now his body of work grows more valuable every year.

And that's not a smart ass response. I'm fully guilty of looking forward to Jeremy Johnson in 2014 and now realizing how many things Nick did that I took for granted. Dude just don't pop on a stats sheet like quarterbacks who do win Heismans. Maybe if we'd had a defense in 2014 he would have had a chance. 

To @ellitor's point, I have no problem with Tre being a finalist in 2013. We went to the big dance, he produced in the postseason, and he did have the stats. Just how Heisman voting goes, I guess. He was amazing, but he also had the other pieces in place to actually go to New York. 

Guilty here as well.

Part of it probably was our trust in Gus to just keep pouring gobs of points on people no matter what kind of personnel he had. Ah, what a time that was. Colin Cowherd spending an entire segment on how Gus is going to kick Saban's butt into retirement. Skip Bayless saying Gus should absolutely not allow his QBs to work with outside coaches, because he's a QB guru himself.

Actually those 2 guys championing Gus were probably all the red flags we needed to know about how his tenure was about to go. :slapfh:

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

We could easily make a top 10👍

P.S..........Please never change your pic as I light a big smile everytime I read your posts......."Don't **** with the Wongs"😁

I love that movie and most people have never heard of it. You find me almost anywhere else by DuckyBoys81.

Image result for the wanderers gif

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Guilty here as well.

Part of it probably was our trust in Gus to just keep pouring gobs of points on people no matter what kind of personnel he had. Ah, what a time that was. Colin Cowherd spending an entire segment on how Gus is going to kick Saban's butt into retirement. Skip Bayless saying Gus should absolutely not allow his QBs to work with outside coaches, because he's a QB guru himself.

Actually those 2 guys championing Gus were probably all the red flags we needed to know about how his tenure was about to go. :slapfh:

WELP now  we can officially pinpoint when it all started to go downhill for us and why! lol

ma.gif

4 hours ago, api1957 said:

I love that movie and most people have never heard of it. You find me almost anywhere else by DuckyBoys81.

Image result for the wanderers gif

To this day I get chills when the rumble on the football field is about to go down.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WELP now  we can officially pinpoint when it all started to go downhill for us and why! lol

ma.gif

Ryan O'Reilly with the back flip😂

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

To this day I get chills when the rumble on the football field is about to go down.

When the "old man" breaks the bench...let's go!!!

Just now, api1957 said:

When the "old man" breaks the bench...let's go!!!

Yep it's on like Donkey Kong😂

On 6/10/2019 at 7:00 PM, im4aual said:

Who do you think are the three best Auburn players who did not win the Heisman?

In no particular order mine are : Terry Beasley, Brent Fullwood, and Tracy Rocker.

Honorable mention:  Tucker Frederickson, James Brooks, Ben Tamburello

Stephen Davis, Stephen Davis, and Stephen Davis.

Maybe Rudi. If Rudi would of played another season i think he would of been in SERIOUS contention. Just like i truly believe Tater Tot coast Auburn and Stephen Davis a Heisman. He ran for almost 100 yards every game and he only got to run the ball like 2 out of the 4 quarters of every game his last season in Auburn.

Archived