2020 4* CB Ethan Pouncey (Florida)

ellitor

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Keith had him CB'd to us before his decommitment. I assume we're still pretty well in it...

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Have we still been recruiting him this whole time?

Keith is trying to find out.

For what it’s worth his brother may be the deciding factor as to where Pouncey goes. His brother just enteedr the transfer portal. He was playing wide receiver for Texas. The brothers want to play football at the same school together. 

For what it’s worth his brother may be the deciding factor as to where Pouncey goes. His brother just enteedr the transfer portal. He was playing wide receiver for Texas. The brothers want to play football at the same school together

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

For what it’s worth his brother may be the deciding factor as to where Pouncey goes. His brother just enteedr the transfer portal. He was playing wide receiver for Texas. The brothers want to play football at the same school together

I don't know that we'd want another WR in this class. Is Ethan good enough to do a two for one deal when we don't really need the brother?

47 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know that we'd want another WR in this class. Is Ethan good enough to do a two for one deal when we don't really need the brother?

Brother would count in the next class.

34 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

I have an idea. Offer both!

Only if the brother is worth it. He only played mop up duty his 2+ years at Texas. Schollies are too much of a premium now, especially for package deals if both sides of the package aren't expected to contribute significantly. Also Ethan has been out & will miss the entire season with an injury that still requires surgery. I'd rather take the juco CB that's leading the nation in INTs at this point.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Only if the brother is worth it. He only played mop up duty his 2+ years at Texas. Schollies are too much of a premium now, especially for package deals if both sides of the package aren't expected to contribute significantly. Also Ethan has been out & will miss the entire season with an injury that still requires surgery. I'd rather take the juco CB that's leading the nation in INTs at this point.

Gus has yet to get us to the 85 limit without offering walk-ons a scholarship, so I’ll believe that’s an issue when we finally get there. Besides, let him have McClain or Farrar’s spot - they’ve done absolutely nothing this year.

I’d rather have the 3-4 year STUD than two JUCO corners that could be gone after next year

3 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Gus has yet to get us to the 85 limit without offering walk-ons a scholarship, so I’ll believe that’s an issue when we finally get there. Besides, let him have McClain or Farrar’s spot - they’ve done absolutely nothing this year.

I’d rather have the 3-4 year STUD than two JUCO corners that could be gone after next year

The 85 limit isn't the problem. The annual 25 limit is.

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Take Pouncey

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Gus has yet to get us to the 85 limit without offering walk-ons a scholarship. Let him have McClain or Farrar’s spot - they’ve done absolutely nothing this year.

The staff may disagree. They have put 2 jucos higher on the board than Dennis now & may have them above Pouncey too. We need a guy that can start immediately & may need a guy to be the #1 slot CB. Pouncey likely ain't filling either role his 1st year given his injury sitch. Also with what the D has done with recruiting & player development it deserves our trust.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The 85 limit isn't the problem. The annual 25 limit is.

CC is not talking about the 25 & really doesn't care about it for the purposes of this conversation. He's just understandably repeating his frustration of us having 3-7 schollies to give to walk ons every August because of roster mismanagement. Also the 25 isn't the problem for this topic either. We are taking 1 more CB in this class & if we decide to offer & take his brother he would enroll no earlier than January so he would count in the next class.

Only if the brother is worth it. He only played mop up duty his 2+ years at Texas. Schollies are too much of a premium now, especially for package deals if both sides of the package aren't expected to contribute significantly.

So, in this post you were referencing the 85 limit, not the 25?

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* CB Ethan Pouncey (10/31: Texas Decommit)
6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, in this post you were referencing the 85 limit, not the 25?

Talking about them collectively but yes, even though his bro would count in the next class scholly spots are too valuable for package deals if both sides of the package aren't expected to contribute significantly.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Keith expects AU to get involved with Ethan again. Not sure about his brother WR Jordan Pouncey.

Is he an Early enrollee? 

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Is he an Early enrollee? 

If you are asking about Ethan No clue. Likely won't matter though with his injury having him out for his entire SR season & not having surgery yet. Don't know what the injury is.

If you are asking about Ethan No clue. Likely won't matter though with his injury having him out for his entire SR season & not having surgery yet. Don't know what the injury is.

No surgery? Yikes. Safe to assume wherever he ends up he’s redshirting

I don't see how it matters if the wr brother is worth a scholarship or not. He could be a 5 star wr and still might wither away on the Auburn sideline. So give them both a scholarship so we at least get the DB

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

If the brother is a blocking WR then this’ll be gold

Unless Gus is let go after the season. #PlotTwist

Archived