Dameyune Craig Profile

StatTiger

Dameyune Craig brought a new brand of excitement to the Auburn quarterback position and was thrilling to watch. Playing from 1994-1997, Craig was not the starter until his final two seasons. Unfortunately for Craig, the running game dwindled during his tenure as the starter, but he still managed to guide Auburn to the 1997 SEC Championship Game. Craig was an amazing talent, and a real competitor needed to be successful. I can only imagine what he might have accomplished had he played in Gus Malzahn's offense. The 1997 football team had everything but a running game, with a 10-0 record with 100 yards rushing and 0-3 when held to under 100 yards rushing. Auburn's collapse during 1998 (3-8) without Craig is a testament to what Dameyune Craig meant to the Auburn offense during the 1997 season.

https://youtu.be/OoeU5PuYHMw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

THE ORIGINAL ONE MAN SHOW

Born 20 years too early I swear...

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

If Gus knew what he was doing, he should have hired Dameyune as our OC/QB coach.

Gus should have at least listen to DC. DC had Gus and AU’s interest in mind. Gus shut him out. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus should have at least listen to DC. DC had Gus and AU’s interest in mind. Gus shut him out. 

You are about to open a can of worms with this post .

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are about to open a can of worms with this post .

It’s true. I’m not saying should have been the OC. But his input, if Gus would have listened, would have helped. Water under the bridge now. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Seems to be some sort of wedge between Auburn and DC......in my opinion..........have no facts to back it up.

13 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Seems to be some sort of wedge between Auburn and DC......in my opinion..........have no facts to back it up.

Seems to be a wedge between DC and everyone not named Jimbo Fisher, tbh. DC was one of my favorite players, but not high on my list of coaches at all. Definitely born 20 years early as far as how he played the game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Seems to be a wedge between DC and everyone not named Jimbo Fisher, tbh. DC was one of my favorite players, but not high on my list of coaches at all. Definitely born 20 years early as far as how he played the game.

Was a leader for sure and had one hell of an arm........met him once in Mobile.........seemed pretty nice.........have some really nice stories of Lectron Williams when I worked out at Scott Bolton's Gold's Gym........Lectron is first class........of coarse I met Lectron his junior year in HS when I dated a Vigor High cheerleader that transferred from Faith Academey.............sorry for derailing thread.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Was a leader for sure and had one hell of an arm........met him once in Mobile.........seemed pretty nice.........have some really nice stories of Lectron Williams when I worked out at Scott Bolton's Gold's Gym........Lectron is first class........of coarse I met Lectron his junior year in HS when I dated a Vigor High cheerleader that transferred from Faith Academey.............sorry for derailing thread.

It's okay. I find ways to work such things into conversations sometimes, too. I'm a lucky guy, but I used to be a lucky guy, too. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's okay. I find ways to work such things into conversations sometimes, too. I'm a lucky guy, but I used to be a lucky guy, too. 

Leigh will call her was sweet gal.......her dad had a Cobra kit car and was building his second.........in the end I was no match for her much better looking first boy friend😢 Anytime I watch Karate Kid it reminds me of his pretty blonde hair.........at that time I looked like El Debarge on roids😂.........again forgive me.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Leigh will call her was sweet gal.......her dad had a Cobra kit car and was building his second.........in the end I was no match for her much better looking first boy friend😢 Anytime I watch Karate Kid it reminds me of his pretty blonde hair.........at that time I looked like El Debarge on roids😂.........again forgive me.

I will not forgive you. I will instead thank you. Hahahaha AWESOME

#waxonwaxoff

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

I grew up in Mobile also. Those were good times. My older sisters went to elementary and maybe middle school with Scott and his older sister Edie I think was her name.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I grew up in Mobile also. Those were good times. My older sisters went to elementary and maybe middle school with Scott and his older sister Edie I think was her name.

Theodore❤

27 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Spent a many of morning talking football and all things Auburn.........Scott was very proud to be a Tiger........at the time Scott was still driving his firebird(if memory serves)he purchased with his Green Bay signing bonus........I was always first to arrive in the mornings and Scott would spot me on bench press.........never asked.........he's just cool like that❤.........#24 will forever be my man crush😂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Probably not so much a wedge between AU and DC... probably more like Gus ^ DC would be more like it...

On 6/12/2019 at 2:20 PM, Tiger said:

THE ORIGINAL ONE MAN SHOW

Born 20 years too early I swear...

He was a one man show indeed.  He propped Tot up those last 2 years and hid what a mess Tot was making of our football program!  We all know what happened the year after DC left. 🤦‍♂️

It took Tuberville a few years to build us back up to a legitimate football team.  

(I am not a Tot fan in case you didn’t notice.  Haha!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought he would shine in the nfl. Still don’t understand why he didn’t. I think he’s becoming a bridge burner now though. 

Oh, what the heck...

Dameyune Craig's profile:

USATSI_8893706_168381178_lowres1.jpg

• Haha 2

I do get the feeling that there might be some animosity between DC and at least some people in the football program. I don't have any inside information it's just the perception that I get.

I do know that he did an awful lot for Auburn University, and for that I will always be grateful. He will forever be an Auburn Tiger.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, auburn4ever said:

DC can call better plays then Gus. That's Gus never wants DC on his staff.

I appreciate and respect everything Craig accomplished at Auburn as a player and coach but he has never called a game as an OC at the collegiate level. I do hope he receives an opportunity to be an actual "play-calling" OC down the road.

• Like 5