NCAA Coming Down Hard On At Least Six Programs.

around4ever

15 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I didn’t read the whole article.   Do we have a hint as to a time frame of when this boom will be lowered on these 6 schools?

At least six Division I men's basketball programs will receive notices of allegations for Level I violations from the NCAA by the summer, stemming from the federal government's recently completed investigation of the sport, a top NCAA official told CBS Sports.

Stan Wilcox, NCAA vice president for regulatory affairs, said two high-profile programs would receive notices of allegations by early July.

The remaining four would be rolled out later in the summer in what was described as a wave of NCAA investigations meant to clean up major-college basketball.

"There's even another group of cases that we're still working on," Wilcox said. "The main thing is that we're up and ready. We're moving forward and you'll see consequences."

• 3 months later...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Cynical?  With the NCAA?  Why would you....

I know it's sarcasm but after UNC got off scott-free a few years ago I'll believe a blue blood getting hammered when I see it.

Well lets look at it from so what of a good news stand point. The really bad press coming out of this focuses on the fact Adidas and (soon Nike) got caught actually funneling money to handlers and assistant coaches to get top rated players to come to their school for the sole purpose of playing.  In our case we already had the players and our assistant coach got money steer players to a money manager for when they leave school to the NBA.  Now I look at that as two separate actions. Can the NCAA look at that as a Level I infraction, sure they could, but I think right now they have bigger fish to fry and are trying to make a point about cleaning up the AAU leagues and recruiting right now.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, mcgufcm said:

For the record, the enforcement staff does not handle student athlete eligibility. It’s two different departments. Wiley and Purifoy were withheld by Auburn compliance. Then, they filed student athlete reinstatement applications. Those are not reviewed by enforcement. The eligibility group made the call on the length of suspension. If violations occurred (actions by the University, staff, or boosters), those could be the subject of an enforcement investigation and an eventual NOA.

I have no info on Auburn’s specific position, but no one from those trials is in the clear. The NCAA stayed all investigations pending the conclusion of FBI investigations and federal prosecutions. That’s where we are now. At the start of enforcement’s activity. Auburn’s actions regarding Wiley/Purifoy show a swift reaction and cooperation, but we could still see penalties for what Chuck did. So could Bruce. 

What’s your sense of what will likely happen, if you had to guess?

3 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

We'll see if anything significant happens.. I have doubts

Buried in the last sentence:

"Sources have told ESPN that the NCAA is actively investigating Arizona, Auburn, Creighton, Louisville, LSU and USC." 😳🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know it's sarcasm but after UNC got off scott-free a few years ago I'll believe a blue blood getting hammered when I see it.

I am beyond certain you won't see it.  Still don't understand why the rest of the member institutions voluntarily submit to the NCAA's authority OR how Emmert is still in charge.  The Fair Pay to Play biill in California may finally be his undoing.  Good Lord I'd like to meet him in an alley some day......

47 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I am beyond certain you won't see it.  Still don't understand why the rest of the member institutions voluntarily submit to the NCAA's authority OR how Emmert is still in charge.  The Fair Pay to Play biill in California may finally be his undoing.  Good Lord I'd like to meet him in an alley some day......

Probably true but this involves money and NCAA seems to take a more serious view of this kind of stuff than it does over academic issues.  I think the NCAA expects to schools to handle their academic shenanigans ….UNC fired a Dean and some faculty and I guess they consider they did what they needed to do.  Seems like a couple other schools took similar steps and did not get much else. 

JMO but the California bill will not affect Emmert......but it will likely bring some major court cases when NCAA declares some players or schools in violation. 

member institutions voluntarily submit to the NCAA's authority

You apparently don't understand the NCAA.....it gets what most school administrators want....and if Emmert was not doing what they expect, he would not have his job. 

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Sources have told ESPN that the NCAA is actively investigating...Auburn," 😳🤦🏻‍♂️

And this here folks is likely why guys like Sharife haven't committed yet.

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Buried in the last sentence:

"Sources have told ESPN that the NCAA is actively investigating Arizona, Auburn, Creighton, Louisville, LSU and USC." 😳🤦🏻‍♂️

How could they not investigate AU. I would expect some kind of sanctions from the NCAA over all this, the question is whether it will deflate the basketball program or not. The only program the NCAA accepts internal penalties as enough is uat, so even with AU doing all they did to protect the team’s eligibility and prevent forfeiture of games, I still think AU is in for some other kind of punishment. I just hope the NCAA wraps it up soon so we can move on. 

21 hours ago, AU64 said:

You apparently don't understand the NCAA.....it gets what most school administrators want....and if Emmert was not doing what they expect, he would not have his job. 

You appparently are full of sh!t.  You know full well what happended with UNC...cried about it incesseantly.  

As for Kansas getting any sort of significant penalties...get ready to bend over.  The NCAA will not move against the "bluebloods".

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You appparently are full of sh!t.  You know full well what happended with UNC...cried about it incesseantly.  

As for Kansas getting any sort of significant penalties...get ready to bend over.  The NCAA will not move against the "bluebloods".

I know what happened and complained because they mostly got away with it....can't recall any school that has been heavily penalized over academic shenanigans once a player is enrolled in the school.   …..and that includes at AU.     Fire some instructors or tutors and that does it. 

Guess we will just have to see about what happens next.

So maybe you can explain how Emmert keeps his job if he is not doing the will of his bosses?   

On 9/21/2019 at 7:05 AM, jared52 said:

I just hope the NCAA wraps it up soon so we can move on.

For any number of years I've believed that the NCAA is deliberately slow. They do this in order to damage a school's recruiting for one or even two extra years over what should be. We see it time and again.

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

For any number of years I've believed that the NCAA is deliberately slow. They do this in order to damage a school's recruiting for one or even two extra years over what should be. We see it time and again.

yup, i expect we'll get our letter of allegations about 2-3 weeks before start of basketball season. Then it will probably be midway toward end of the season when actually here what the penalties are. Just to try and kill this years recruiting class. AU is not supposed to be good in bball so they will try their best to get us off track. Hope we can absorb whatever they plan to send our way

SOURCES....  

are like Leprechauns.   You hear of em, but when you need proof of them, nobody ever has the pic or video, especially when it comes to AU.  Because as long as you have Alliance(al.com) and Sheridan and Finebaum and Thamel and a dozen more hacks you got a source

On 9/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

....welp. At the very least they're probably going to indirectly force Self out 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Schools initial response is that they are going to fight the charges. This one could get interesting if this is how the ncaa plans to respond to the fbi stuff. Is the ncaa willing to go to war with the various schools at the same time they are being threatened by the pay to play movement?? 

Also, I wonder if any schools have any route to sue the ncaa over this? They allowed a culture of rampant cheating to go on for years and let the show companies and AAU ball infiltrate these schools. No idea if this is possible but it’s the kind of thing the ncaa needs to be worried about

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Schools initial response is that they are going to fight the charges. This one could get interesting if this is how the ncaa plans to respond to the fbi stuff. Is the ncaa willing to go to war with the various schools at the same time they are being threatened by the pay to play movement?? 

Also, I wonder if any schools have any route to sue the ncaa over this? They allowed a culture of rampant cheating to go on for years and let the show companies and AAU ball infiltrate these schools. No idea if this is possible but it’s the kind of thing the ncaa needs to be worried about

they can fight it but theres no reason to not let Self land on the sword to appease them. Guy sucks anyway 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

they can fight it but theres no reason to not let Self land on the sword to appease them. Guy sucks anyway 

He's a living legend for them. They aren't gonna let him fall on the sword. Look at his resume at Kansas.

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Missing yellow font? 

Maybe all the schools involved should stand together and fight. The NCAA is a useless, hypocritical organization.  The only reason they are doing anything now is because of the FBI investigation.  Basketball corruption is now in writing, in the public domain so the NCAA could not continue to pretend and deny the scale of corruption in college basketball.  Now they have to do something so they look relevant. This threat of sanctions is just a face-saving measure, and these schools should just call their bluff. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$-  It has always been the driving force in college basketball. (in my lifetime of 60 years)  That is why for the most part , except for Kentucky who invested the $$ years ago, the SEC WAS always a step behind the ACC and the East and West where the money was.  Our players in the south went where the money was.  It was not just in the NBA.   Every student in the NCAA had an opportunity to move from a school to the NBA.  The $$$ was at the schools to insure you came there ---- to insure their teams rules and reigned in college basketball.  During that time a coach might move, and take his pedigreed with him and his $$$ followed him, and the trend continued.

There is no doubt in the last 20 years we have made an effort to upgrade our facilities, spent more money for recruiting and coaches in the SEC.  But $$ also has been used. Now i am not speaking of downright cheating.  But the NCAA in it's crooked part of protecting the $$$$  have tied the hands of the honest with stupid rules that beg to be broken.  Kids that truly need help.  ( legit stuff)  Of course $$ corrupts, so some will step over the line sometimes.  But the corruption of the NCAA and it's ruling few has brought it to a point that i applaud those who at times look em in the eye and tell em to stick it!  Do your worse!

Because of all above, I realize that AU WILL deal with negative press and pure lies from media in hope they will bring down Pearl and AU.  i STILL BELIEVE AU handled their end with all diligence.  I still think YAHOO, FINEBAUM THAMEL and all the other sources will have us going down for the last time, and many on here will spread their hateful bias and agenda...

On 9/24/2019 at 12:42 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Nah...

Kansas to 'Fiercely Dispute' Charges in Notice of Allegations

"As for the allegations regarding Head Men’s Basketball Coach Bill Self, voluminous evidence demonstrates uncontestably that he did, in fact, promote an atmosphere of compliance and fully monitor his staff. The University firmly and fully supports Coach Self and his staff."

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2019/09/23/kansas-ncaa-violations-bill-self-recruiting-adidas

Archived