Luginbill- CGM’s 2019 Best Team at Auburn

toddc

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We could actually be okay with a fair to middlin' OL, but like you said, if a 1 goes down...

Eh I’m not worried.  I have been training all summer for my number to be called.

231FD486-DE7B-4292-B265-731EC8174487.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Eh I’m not worried.  I have been training all summer for my number to be called.

Nice! I’ve been working out too. Just joined Golf’s gym. The results have been amazing and I love working out now!

CCAD2326-E0F3-4145-8C59-4606B998F897.gif

Feels weird our fans are scared of expectations. We don't recruit these kids telling them "wanna come to a place where you will be the underdog and overachieve to stick it to the haters?" That's not the space we operate in as a program and this mentality is bad for how we are perceived IMO. 

We need to find our Dabo to eradicate this type of poisonous attitude from our fanbase in the same manner that he squashed the term "Clemsoning" from being a thing.

4 minutes ago, api1957 said:

I feel like we've been hearing this for 6 years. 

True story...2015 was supposed to be his best team. The hype was so real. Good times, good times.

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I see this as someone who is overly optimistic as to what can be accomplished.  I can easily picture this as you.  :poke:

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

True story...2015 was supposed to be his best team. The hype was so real. Good times, good times.

That's right. We won the Heisman before the season even started!

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sad thing is, it probably was his most talented team. Kinda crazy when you look at the depth chart for the Louisville game, especially when you consider that 3 of the 4 RBs (KJ's not even listed) eventually made it to the NFL, and Jovon Robinson- the most NFL-ready, prototypical RB of the bunch- wasn't one of them. Duke Williams also eventually made it to the NFL, as did Rico Louis and Ryan Davis. 5* and/or future NFL talent all over the defense and a young Legatron handling kicking duties. 

Of course, some of those guys were inexperienced freshmen, some had severe attitude issues, injuries, meltdowns... very snake-bitten season. This season is actually somewhat similar on paper, if we can avoid all of that bad luck and if our rookies can step up. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sad thing is, it probably was his most talented team. Kinda crazy when you look at the depth chart for the Louisville game, especially when you consider that 3 of the 4 RBs (KJ's not even listed) eventually made it to the NFL, and Jovon Robinson- the most NFL-ready, prototypical RB of the bunch- wasn't one of them. Duke Williams also eventually made it to the NFL, as did Rico Louis and Ryan Davis. 5* and/or future NFL talent all over the defense and a young Legatron handling kicking duties. 

Of course, some of those guys were inexperienced freshmen, some had severe attitude issues, injuries, meltdowns... very snake-bitten season. This season is actually somewhat similar on paper, if we can avoid all of that bad luck and if our rookies can step up. 

2014, 2015 and 2017 were all playoff caliber teams on paper. Our friend yesterday stated that going to the SEC championship is an accomplishment. That is cool and all, but that is something Arkansas should hang on to. We should've had another SEC championship post 2013 by now.

Just now, DAG said:

2014, 2015 and 2017 were all playoff caliber teams on paper. Our friend yesterday stated that going to the SEC championship is an accomplishment. That is cool and all, but that is something Arkansas should hang on to. We should've had another SEC championship post 2013 by now.

Maaaaan, that is so true. South Carolina's probably still jazzed about their SECCG appearance in 2010. Same for Mizzoo in 2013. I hope that's not what we are or want to be. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Feels weird our fans are scared of expectations. We don't recruit these kids telling them "wanna come to a place where you will be the underdog and overachieve to stick it to the haters?" That's not the space we operate in as a program and this mentality is bad for how we are perceived IMO. 

We need to find our Dabo to eradicate this type of poisonous attitude from our fanbase in the same manner that he squashed the term "Clemsoning" from being a thing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS THIS THIS!!!! YOU GO TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YAH!!!!!! Keep preaching!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! and I will keep being the choir! lol

trtrtr.gif

fe.gif

eweew.gif

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS THIS THIS!!!! YOU GO TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK YAH!!!!!! Keep preaching!!! WOOOOOO!!!!! and I will keep being the choir! lol

Good morning, Mr. Mac6. I gather you slept well?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good morning, Mr. Mac6. I gather you slept well?

People still sleep these days? I just snort some cocaine in the morning and I am good to go fam! I thought that is what most people did! lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

People still sleep these days? I just snort some cocaine in the morning and I am good to go fam! I thought that is what most people did! lol

Image result for woo gif

Just now, McLoofus said:

Image result for woo gif

BRODIE! Let me pass something by you I have been brainstorming. And what better person to talk to about this than muhhhhhh dude loofy?!?!?  So the gnashing of teeth of if we should serve alcohol in Jordan Hare does nothing for me since I do not drink. (though I DO TOTALLY AGREE we should do it because BRING ON THE MONEY!!! got to pay for that football only facility somehow lol) BUT WHAT ABOUT having cocaine vendors at the game?!?!? I mean I never get to bring my stash in to the game bro. Wouldn't it be great for me to get my much needed rush in right before kickoff so I will be in tip top WOOOOOOOOOOOO SHAPE for the whole game??????? Just think of the copious amount of MONEY MONEY MOOOOOOONEY $$$ this would bring in! haha. WE WOULD BE PRINTING MONEY BABY!!!! I am thinking of presenting this idea to Leath in the coming weeks. If you want to come with me just hit me up! lmao. 

tom.gif

jerry.gif

coke.gif

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Actual footage of@GwillMac6 just before kickoff

giphy.gif

HAHAHAHAH I AINT GOT TIME TO METHODICALLY SNORT IT ALL IN!!!!! LETS GO LETS GO LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Badda bing badda boom I GOT TO BE THE LOUDEST GUY IN THE ROOM!!!!! HOW YA DOIN?!??!?!?

Gus’s ability to bring in talent hasn’t wavered since he got here. Transitioning that talent from high school to college has been hit or miss at times.  The thing that sticks out to me is the majority of talent on the offensive side are redshirt sophomores and freshman. Defensively you have a lot of young talent at LB and DB.  This is Gus’s 6th full recruiting cycle so he should have everything he wants depth wise to be successful 

There is a difference between Hopes and Expectations. The reality is, as fans, we can have Hopes for our team's performance, but we have no ability to determine outcomes (other than cheering on our Tigers).

I have Hopes for Auburn to win every game, every year. But I have been discouraged by the performance of Malzahn's team preparation and on field leadership. And I am also well aware of the talent level and coaching of our major rivals, which exceeds Auburn's.

So my Hopes are tempered by those factors that are out of my ability to control.

Which leads to High Hopes with Modest Expectations. I Hope for 12+ wins every season. I've come to Expect only 7 or 8 wins.

Am I happy with that outcome? Absolutely not! I'm waiting for my Expectations to catch up with my Hopes!

I think it's time for a drink. The more I drink, the less I think.

I actually think 2014 we had better skill position players. This year we have better lines. 

On 6/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Nice! I’ve been working out too. Just joined Golf’s gym. The results have been amazing and I love working out now!

CCAD2326-E0F3-4145-8C59-4606B998F897.gif

Info please????!!!!

Fees? Address?  Operating hours? (PLEASE say 24 hrs!!!)

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Info please????!!!!

Fees? Address?  Operating hours? (PLEASE say 24 hrs!!!)

You are already a member. Membership cards are in the mail, I think.

Fees vary. Please check your local listing.

Address- 24 Pabst Way

Red White and Blue, FL

Open - 28 hours a day

There is a semi-stringent admission policy. Prospective members must pass rigorous physical worthiness testing from the admission committee. Bribery is encouraged. BBQ is mandatory. 

On 6/14/2019 at 12:32 PM, GwillMac6 said:

BRODIE! Let me pass something by you I have been brainstorming. And what better person to talk to about this than muhhhhhh dude loofy?!?!?  So the gnashing of teeth of if we should serve alcohol in Jordan Hare does nothing for me since I do not drink. (though I DO TOTALLY AGREE we should do it because BRING ON THE MONEY!!! got to pay for that football only facility somehow lol) BUT WHAT ABOUT having cocaine vendors at the game?!?!? I mean I never get to bring my stash in to the game bro. Wouldn't it be great for me to get my much needed rush in right before kickoff so I will be in tip top WOOOOOOOOOOOO SHAPE for the whole game??????? Just think of the copious amount of MONEY MONEY MOOOOOOONEY $$$ this would bring in! haha. WE WOULD BE PRINTING MONEY BABY!!!! I am thinking of presenting this idea to Leath in the coming weeks. If you want to come with me just hit me up! lmao. 

tom.gif

jerry.gif

coke.gif

if pot was legal more folks would be digging the new big screen we got..........lol. truth.............

On 6/13/2019 at 9:30 PM, kevon67 said:

I was actually thinking about this today..........I wonder at times my expectations............I keep comparing my expectations compared to others here..........we have fans on the forum from the 1960's to the present........I dont consider myself having lowered expectations.........are the expectations of a fan since 2009 different than those of a fan since 1977 like myself?...........please someone make sense of what I just typed and explain what I am trying to say........Typing with an Xbox controller my thoughts come and go before I can type them........thanks in advance.

I think you are channeling Casey Stengall ... Never make predictions, especially about the future

If this is Gus' most talented team then I look forward to winning 10+ games this season.  Anything less would apparently be doing less with more...again.

Archived