Luginbill- CGM’s 2019 Best Team at Auburn

toddc

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I’m saying Boobie is unreliable (thus far)

Guys. Focus on the bolded part. 

It might sound harsh but he's not questioning the kid's heart or ability, and he's not wrong on this.

Coming from someone who was disagreeing with him earlier. 

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

2019 season. Didn’t say before they leave. 

I think potential is there for 2019. I do agree about Bobbie being Unreliable THUS FAR

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Guys. Focus on the bolded part. 

It might sound harsh but he's not questioning the kid's heart or ability, and he's not wrong on this.

Coming from someone who was disagreeing with him earlier. 

Kerryon was another example of a RB that couldn’t make it a full season without a significant injury. He had two in 2017 alone. It’s why I was shocked to see him drafted so high. And shocker of shockers, gets injured with the Lions. Call it snakebit. Call it bad luck. Some guys are just injury-prone. And too many injuries often end up resulting in early retirements. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Kerryon was another example of a RB that couldn’t make it a full season without a significant injury. He had two in 2017 alone. It’s why I was shocked to see him drafted so high. And shocker of shockers, gets injured with the Lions. Call it snakebit. Call it bad luck. Some guys are just injury-prone. And too many injuries often end up resulting in early retirements. 

Way too much potential to overlook for long by squads. I find that talent will always trump things like that. 

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think potential is there for 2019. I do agree about Bobbie being Unreliable THUS FAR

Right and my point is, if he continues this trend every 2-3 games, with our thin ice depth of much lesser size backs, I do not see how we win more than 7 games. 

Even Cam had Fannin, Dyer and O-Mac at his side the entire season. Marshall had Mason, CAP and Grant at his side the entire season. 

We don’t have a Dyer or CAP off the bench to relieve Boobie if and when he goes down again. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Way too much potential to overlook for long by squads. I find that talent will always trump things like that. 

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe Kerryon will have a lengthy NFL career. He fights for every inch of yardage he can get. That style combined with his snakebit luck likely won’t last 10 years in the league. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe Kerryon will have a lengthy NFL career. He fights for every inch of yardage he can get. That style combined with his snakebit luck likely won’t last 10 years in the league. 

I think the average career for NFL RB is less that 3 years.  I would say if he makes it 5 then that is a long career per today's standards.  Yes you may have 1 or 2 guys last more than 5 years, but that is just not the norm any more.

10 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Right and my point is, if he continues this trend every 2-3 games, with our thin ice depth of much lesser size backs, I do not see how we win more than 7 games. 

Even Cam had Fannin, Dyer and O-Mac at his side the entire season. Marshall had Mason, CAP and Grant at his side the entire season. 

We don’t have a Dyer or CAP off the bench to relieve Boobie if and when he goes down again. 

Oh man, there you go saying what we don't have again, lol. Strange.

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Shivers is more than capable of being a #1. There are some on staff that think he should be #1 game 1. They said he has that South Florida attitude that they want to see from a #1 back. Also that RB, more than any other position, hasn't had that type of demonstrative personality in quite a while.

I also think that DJ might just be the kind of back that doesn't give the spot back after he gets his opportunity.

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I think statistics show you are correct in your concern. I hope Detroit surrounds him with the right amount of depth and personnel to keep him healthy.

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

We do have a Worm, a nice pair of Frosh, one of whom we have already gotten a glimpse of and he looks to be very promising in DJ Williams, and some other nice alternatives. I think we are ok. IMPO

6 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

DJ and MAR (if they chose to use him at that position) should have higher potential than either of those two (more DJ than MAR).  It's really if we just let that depth develop

5 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

I think the average career for NFL RB is less that 3 years.  I would say if he makes it 5 then that is a long career per today's standards.  Yes you may have 1 or 2 guys last more than 5 years, but that is just not the norm any more.

I love KJ but I dont even see him lasting 5. He might be given 3 , but Id be surprised if he had a season missing less than 3 games ever. Dude is incredibly unlucky, and even if he wasnt, the miles and the style of play you mentioned would be more than enough of a factor 

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Shivers is more than capable of being a #1. There are some on staff that think he should be #1 game 1. They said he has that South Florida attitude that they want to see from a #1 back. Also that RB, more than any other position, hasn't had that type of demonstrative personality in quite a while.

I also think that DJ might just be the kind of back that doesn't give the spot back after he gets his opportunity.

No matter what happens, watching Worm teach our fanbase what the actual qualities that make for a good running back are is going to be a tremendous delight. Unless our staff screws it up, which I'm confident neither Caddy nor Dilly would do. 

On 6/18/2019 at 7:37 PM, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok. I agree with alot of what you say I just want to point out that I think we have as talented a QB room as we have had especially with Gus around. Experience is a different beast but the talent level is there. I think either guy has the skillset and mentality to handle the pressure if he is coached properly and the offense built to his strengths and not weaknesses. Look at some other teams that have had success with Freshmen QBs, Clemson 2018 NC, Bama 2017 NC , UGA 2017 Jake Fromm SEC Champ, 2013 FSU NC Jameis Winston. One would say that those are generational talents at QB...well I agree...and I also personally believe that we have that. Just hope the hand is played correctly

And look at the OLs they had in front of them.

Auburn, thanks to Gus' poor roster management and recruiting, can't compare.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

which I'm confident neither Caddy nor Dilly would do. 

I agree. From different conversations with some around the program, people are really high on Dilly. They say he is very relatable to the players and absolutely knows his stuff. They also said, as laid back and goofy as he is off the field , he has a bit of a "big swinger"  type of edge to him when he gets onto the field. 

Just now, bigbird said:

I agree. From different conversations with some around the program, people are really high on Dilly. They say he is very relatable to the players and absolutely knows his stuff. They also said, as laid back and goofy as he is off the field , he has a bit of a "big swinger"  type of edge to him when he gets onto the field. 

May Gus let the man flourish in our program and use his abilities to maximum effect. 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

DJ and MAR (if they chose to use him at that position) should have higher potential than either of those two (more DJ than MAR).  It's really if we just let that depth develop

I  would love to see DJ emerge as #1. I really liked what I saw from him on A-Day.

17 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

We, as fans, do not know what we have behind Boobee.  We see potential, but we really haven’t had much opportunity to see how they perform in game situations.

Since the 2014 season, Gus has ridden the hot hand even if that RB was a “little dinged up” to the detriment of other RB’s development. JMO.  This is one of the things I will be watching to see if Gus has learned how to manage his roster this season.  He has the personnel; but who does he trust and can he trust more than one RB?

The 2019 season is a great time for Gus to turn the tables on everything:

8c308da13d5cde50939814d2977e281e.gif?fbc

19 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

You’re probably right for a starter. 10 years was in any capacity.

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh man, there you go saying what we don't have again, lol. Strange.

So you feel as confident about Williams as you did Dyer in Summer 2010 and CAP in Summer 2013? I don’t. Not even close. 

Archived