New Women’s Tennis Coach

auburnphan

12 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Impressive resume.  I like it. 

yep....and her business and finance background.....future AD somewhere ?...

• Like 1

I believe we just signed one of the top up and coming Tennis coaches. Every program she arrived at improved after her arrival both in recruiting and on the court. It will take a year or two of recruiting but I can Auburn moving up in recruiting rankings and making their presence felt on the court.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

I believe we just signed one of the top up and coming Tennis coaches. Every program she arrived at improved after her arrival both in recruiting and on the court. It will take a year or two of recruiting but I can Auburn moving up in recruiting rankings and making their presence felt on the court.

Yep.....so when do we make a move in T and F ? 

• 1 year later...

Ovunc upsets nation's No. 5 player in NCAA opening round

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Story Links

ORLANDO, Fla. – Auburn sophomore Selin Ovunc earned the highest-ranked win of her collegiate career Sunday morning, defeating No. 5 Kenya Jones of Georgia Tech in the first round of the NCAA Women's Tennis Singles Championship.

Ovunc won 7-5, 6-3, to advance to the round of 32. She will face 47th-ranked Bronte Murgett of Missouri in Monday's second round; start time has yet to be announced.

"Selin competed with a mature combination of poise and joy today," Auburn head coach Caroline Lilley said. "Her creativity and wide arsenal of skills allow her to find the puzzle pieces that fit best. Every match she earns the privilege to play presents another opportunity to grow."

Ovunc found herself facing set point in the first set, trailing 5-2 in the set and 40-30 in the game with Jones on serve. But she was able to fight off two set points to earn her first break, then broke Jones' serve two games later to get back on serve at 5-all. It would turn into five straight games won for Ovunc as she picked up a third break to clinch the first set, 7-5.

Set two saw Ovunc's serve broken in the first game, but she broke back soon thereafter to get back on serve at 2-all. She then took advantage of another break chance at 4-3, then held serve at 5-3 to secure the win.

Ovunc becomes the second Auburn women's tennis player to win a match at the NCAA Singles Championship, joining Fani Chifchieva, who won first-round matches in 2007 and 2010 and advanced to the semifinals in 2008.

A live scoring link for Monday's second-round match is available at AuburnTigers.com. Fans can watch the action by downloading the TennisONE app on mobile devices.
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

First congratulation to our Woman's tennis team this may be the best we have had a in a while if not ever. Lilley is doing a great job.

Lilley is another coach that Green has hired. So far most of the coaches Green has hired have Auburn moving in the right direction. Volleyball has improved, Tennis has Improved, Swimming has improved, Womans Basketball has improved,   Harsin has only had a year but 1st year was not as good as I would have liked but time will tell.  In most sports this year we have been better so far then past years. We seem to be headed in the right direction as an all round sports team in the SEC. 

Time will tell if these coaches that Green has hired will continue to see improvement in their teams but right now I like our direction.

• Like 3