Richard Jibunor has entered the transfer portal

GwillMac6

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WarTiger changed the title to Richard Jibunor has entered the transfer portal

This sucks. However, I'm not shocked. He signed with AU to be a linebacker. Linebacker is clearly his best position and a position at which we need numbers, yet we stuck him at DE and have shown no indication that he may be moved back to his natural position of LB. Best of luck to him.

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

To my ignorant eyes, he looked pretty damn good to me.  Dadgummit. Hope they correct this. 

Yep .thought he was doing pretty well... ...but maybe DE was the way to get him on the field where he was needed most?  :no: Steele and his coaches usually know what they are doing....so I wonder if he was gonna be able to contribute at LB....:dunno:

Would be a huge loss. Can't let him go. I focused on him against Purdue, and he is a very, very good player. Best Buck we have. Miles ahead of Moultry and Big Kat.

Transfer Portal freaking sucks. Sick of it already.

I thought he looked the best of the young guys pass rushing. Crap. 

The timing of this is strange to say the least. 

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Transfer Portal freaking sucks. Sick of it already.

It's not like players couldn't transfer before. 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:25 PM, AUBwins said:

Looked like a potential starter at Buck to my eyes. 

15 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

It's not like players couldn't transfer before. 

Transfer Portal has made it open season. A lot more kids are transferring than ever before. Or at least it seems that way. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Transfer Portal has made it open season. A lot more kids are transferring than ever before. Or at least it seems that way. 

I heard somewhere recently that there are nearly 1000 kids in the "transfer portal" which I bet is substantially more than the number who sought transfer even two or three years ago. 

https://247sports.com/season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

In general I don't have a problem with kids going somewhere they can get playing time.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

In general I don't have a problem with kids going somewhere they can get playing time.

He was going to get it. AT AUBURN this upcoming year. I mean this just came out of left field. So I am a little baffled by this.

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He was going to get it. AT AUBURN this upcoming year. I mean this just came out of left field. So I am a little baffled by this.

Baffling or not it really doesn't have anything to do with there being a transfer portal.  If he was unhappy with his situation and was looking to leave he'd have more than likely done so either way.  If the coaches have properly recruited and developed then someone else will step in.  If they haven't then we'll end up with a weak pass rush like we've had for the last few seasons.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Slight derail.........Just noticed your in Lafayette isnt that Daniel Cromiers hometown?

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

As Mikey stated he probably wanted to play LB, not DE. Can’t fault him if that is the case. 

Archived