College World Series

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Have you ever thought it is because they have been there 38 times? Or they have a huge following in baseball at MSU...and we are newbies this year. MSU has been at the top of the polls and we checked in as a Cinderella team.

All teams are showcased, but the ones with a legacy and a following and are the favorites are going to get more pub...that's the media...but I feel Auburn got good media coverage...

This is nothing new between espn and Auburn. It's been going on for years. MSU was just the object of their attention this time. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

This is nothing new between espn and Auburn. It's been going on for years. MSU was just the object of their attention this time. 

AU got plenty of face time.....Bruce and Gus were in the booth quite a while....Bruce dominated the conversation but it went on a while and lots of compliments on the accomplishments of both coaches..    Good evening for AU up until the 9th inning. 

who do we play Tuesday? Who will be starting for us? Kind of lost track of what was going on after last night's disastrous 9th. Gotta win here on out and hoping for the best for this team. I hope we play MSU again and send them back to Hooterville packing. 

27 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Bruce dominated the conversation

Noticed that and sorta glad😉.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good evening for AU up until the 9th inning. 

I choose not to let most things give me a bad day. That deal hurt last night, this morning, and today. Love some baseball. Sure hope we play it Heaven.

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Touching the line is considered in the lane and is legal. The batter runner is not automatically out if he is out of the running lane.  He must, in the umpire's judgement, have interfered with or impeded the 1st Baseman from catching the ball. 

Correct. Sadly, back several games ago our runner was called out for his foot touching the line, which was my point.  The CWS umpires are correct, the SEC umpires were wrong.

OK.  some our best baseball was played after some of our worst losses this year....looking for a big response today to send Louisville back home.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

OK.  some our best baseball was played after some of our worst losses this year....looking for a big response today to send Louisville back home.

Well, we should have a fantastic game, because that was a baaaaad loss.

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

AU got plenty of face time.....Bruce and Gus were in the booth quite a while....Bruce dominated the conversation but it went on a while and lots of compliments on the accomplishments of both coaches..    Good evening for AU up until the 9th inning. 

Once again.....I WAS NOT TALKING ABOUT DURING OUR GAME WITH STATE. I was referring to the SATURDAY GAMES. espn had a love fest with State all day and never really mentioned AU except as the team that State was playing. 

• ellitor changed the title to College World Series

I'm not a big ESPN fan but I have to give the CWS cameramen and producers credit for having a very good eye.  😳   😉

Seriously, they really do a great job with the camera work.  

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

I'm not a big ESPN fan but I have to give the CWS cameramen and producers credit for having a very good eye.  😳   😉

Seriously, they really do a great job with the camera work.  

In general, yes. However, I hate,hate,hate the view from behind the plate. Umpire's mask? Maybe it's just me but that's something I wish they'd retire forever.

On 6/17/2019 at 8:35 PM, Tigerbelle said:

I think Auburn might get shafted some times, but they get good coverage when they're good. They're a hard sell for ESPN bc the years they hype us from jump street, we end up being horrible. And its hard to build up an unranked team that becomes good until they're good. Referencing football of course. Not to mention we play in the same state that's the monolith of sales and narratives in this sport. Plus 2-3 programs that are more consistent in the same conference. UGA seems to be a bigger draw right now, and LSU/Florida is always going to drum up views. 

As far as basketball goes, now we're 2nd in the conference in terms of relevancy, views, narratives, whatever. Just a handful of years after being completely abhorrent. We were relatively bad in the middle of the year and still finding ways to be on ESPN's networks over everyone except UT and UK. 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Auburn might get shafted some times, but they get good coverage when they're good. They're a hard sell for ESPN bc the years they hype us from jump street, we end up being horrible. And its hard to build up an unranked team that becomes good until they're good. Referencing football of course. Not to mention we play in the same state that's the monolith of sales and narratives in this sport. Plus 2-3 programs that are more consistent in the same conference. UGA seems to be a bigger draw right now, and LSU/Florida is always going to drum up views. 

As far as basketball goes, now we're 2nd in the conference in terms of relevancy, views, narratives, whatever. Just a handful of years after being completely abhorrent. We were relatively bad in the middle of the year and still finding ways to be on ESPN's networks over everyone except UT and UK. 

I'm not talking about team performances. Good Grief .That's not the problem here.

There are ways to discuss those things in a neutral manner. They do that for everyone else. I think it was last season they mentioned on the air during a game that Auburn had 5  plays submitted to the SEC from the game the week before by the opposing teams' coach. That happens all the time with all teams in the SEC and in all other conferences as well.  But the implication was that only Auburn plays dirty. That was their intention. In actuality it was probably sour grapes over missed calls and the reports were to complain about the referees. But the guy kept going on about 5 plays that Auburn made that were "REPORTED" . There was no reason to even bring it up and it was completely out of context.

That's just one recent example. What they did to Auburn and Cam was really inexcusable.......

Miss State doing Auburn things. Up 3-0 B7.  Louisville gets stupid lucky and loads bases.  Scores 1 with 1 out the 2B botches a DP to let another run in. 

B9 3-2 MSU.  Walk the leadoff.  P makes a  bad pickoff throw to 1st.  Runner to 2nd.  Base hit to LCF great throw to the plate and catcher makes a great block and tag but he didn't have the ball in the mitt.  Then another base hit to CF and winning run scores.  MSU is out. 

13 hours ago, jluvah said:

Karma is a b...h!!!

Yes she is!!  And I think a young man from Louisville, who pitched one helluva game, has learned that lesson tonight.  

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Dont think I can call what we did karma...

He's talking about the Louisville pitcher tonight. 

15 hours ago, around4ever said:

He's talking about the Louisville pitcher tonight. 

That guy was an absolute goob! Ran that mouth too quick and Vandy shut it for him. I was already pulling for Vandy, but he made it easier to do so.

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

That guy was an absolute goob! Ran that mouth too quick and Vandy shut it for him. I was already pulling for Vandy, but he made it easier to do so.

I like fiery guys, especially on the mound, but his timing was stupid. You don't fire up your opponent when you're only up 1 and have another inning to get them out. And to cuss the batter out just bc he didn't like him staring at him is a little weak...

But it was fun watching the replays w/ ESPN right up in his face..showing his bombs and the ESPN 'blurring dot' following him. lol...

But he must be a tough one...getting his first loss of the season in the CWS...

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I like fiery guys, especially on the mound, but his timing was stupid. You don't fire up your opponent when you're only up 1 and have another inning to get them out. And to cuss the batter out just bc he didn't like him staring at him is a little weak...

But it was fun watching the replays w/ ESPN right up in his face..showing his bombs and the ESPN 'blurring dot' following him. lol...

But he must be a tough one...getting his first loss of the season in the CWS...

Agree, I like fiery competitors. But you can be fiery and still have class. And also he looked like he cut some south american bird's feathers off and used them for his hairdo.

The Louisville pitcher tarnished his outstanding performance by acting the way he did. 

I  much preferred last year's CWS pitcher antics......Peterson was hilarious and I couldn't help but like him.

Michigan has jumped on Vandy Fellows early.  Two runs in each of the first two innings.  Vandy fought back with two in the 3rd. 

4-2 Michigan T4.  

Archived