College World Series

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vandy gets 1 in B6. Michigan gets a break on a review at first base.  To me and the three commentators it was an obvious out but the call on the field was safe and somehow upheld by the review officials.  The next batter drives one to deep RF.  6-3 Michigan. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Vandy gets 1 in B6. Michigan gets a break on a review at first base.  To me and the three commentators it was an obvious out but the call on the field was safe and somehow upheld by the review officials.  The next batter drives one to deep RF.  6-3 Michigan. 

Why have replay if they are gonna miss it anyway?     Oh well, they get most of them I guess....

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

DANG IT!!!!!

I really dislike Michigan and everything about it......

Maybe young Kumar can take 'em down tomorrow.

I like the baseball team but that is about all I like about UMichigan.  I would like to see Kumar have another great game. 

I made an observation last night.  Every team in the CWS has several or many guys with facial hair.  The Michigan guys do not have facial hair.  Team rule?  Thoughts on a rule like that, if it is a rule?  

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I made an observation last night.  Every team in the CWS has several or many guys with facial hair.  The Michigan guys do not have facial hair.  Team rule?  Thoughts on a rule like that, if it is a rule?  

I didn't catch the whole conversation about it last night but something was said about a coach telling a team that they could have facial hair and long hair only if their grades were good. Maybe they were talking about Michigan????

Personally I don't care what kind of facial hair or haircut the kids have. Will Holland has a pretty wild dye job, Jack Owen grows his hair out pretty long at times and wears facial scruff a lot, and so does Big Canada. Cody Greenhill sports a nice red beard. They are college kids and they have fun with it. Baseball is made up of characters anyway. Auburn baseball players stay out of trouble for the most part, and they must do OK with grades because they're playing ball. So having wild hair or growing a beard is their personal choice. Let them have it. They represent Auburn well.

12 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

DANG IT!!!!!

I really dislike Michigan and everything about it......

Maybe young Kumar can take 'em down tomorrow.

He'll have to or this thing is over.

Michigan simply dominated last night.   Made Vandy look very, very mediocre.

6 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

He'll have to or this thing is over.

Michigan simply dominated last night.   Made Vandy look very, very mediocre.

Vandy was a little too complacent IMHO.  They are so used to winning that it hurts them sometimes. I bet they have re-assessed their opponent now.

27 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Vandy was a little too complacent IMHO.  They are so used to winning that it hurts them sometimes. I bet they have re-assessed their opponent now.

Just like they did in game one of the Super. 

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I didn't catch the whole conversation about it last night but something was said about a coach telling a team that they could have facial hair and long hair only if their grades were good. Maybe they were talking about Michigan????

Personally I don't care what kind of facial hair or haircut the kids have. Will Holland has a pretty wild dye job, Jack Owen grows his hair out pretty long at times and wears facial scruff a lot, and so does Big Canada. Cody Greenhill sports a nice red beard. They are college kids and they have fun with it. Baseball is made up of characters anyway. Auburn baseball players stay out of trouble for the most part, and they must do OK with grades because they're playing ball. So having wild hair or growing a beard is their personal choice. Let them have it. They represent Auburn well.

Almost exactly my thoughts. 

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Was gonna watch a little of the game but that idiotic whistle guy is doing his thing ... I hated that during the season, sec tourney and now in the cws ...

I have noticed that idiot too. Went for about 5 innings, but i think they finally got him out of there. Did not hear it this past inning. That is so bush league and should be an embarrassment to Vandy. THEY need to do something about it. All other teams in the SEC need to ban him. I know the kids may not hear it as mush as the spectators, but my gosh!!!

7 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

I have noticed that idiot too. Went for about 5 innings, but i think they finally got him out of there. Did not hear it this past inning. That is so bush league and should be an embarrassment to Vandy. THEY need to do something about it. All other teams in the SEC need to ban him. I know the kids may not hear it as mush as the spectators, but my gosh!!!

Vandy loves them. There are 2 of them. 

Lol, the left field line umpire is named Ray Charles. 

Glad to see Vandy get the win tonight - Kumar with 11 Ks.  Two of Vandy's runs scored on passed balls, and another on a swinging bunt.  Vandy touched off some good balls, but they were mostly at someone.  I was never even aware of the whistler.  

12 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

JMHO but the fans should have taken care of him long ago.

Kumar Rocker was great again last night. What a talented kid! He looks so much like his Dad.....

Wish we could've gotten him to pitch for Auburn. But I'm a big fan anyway. 

Game 3 tonight should be a really good one From what I heard discussed last night... .Michigan could be very low on available pitchers.

I really am not looking forward to our guys having to face Kumar on any games of importance for the next two years.   I think when the time comes he will put up a good case for being selected #1 in the draft.

43 minutes ago, lutzcammed said:

I really am not looking forward to our guys having to face Kumar on any games of importance for the next two years.   I think when the time comes he was put up a good case for being selected #1 in the draft.

Tremendous potential.   As the commentators said, when/if he develops a third pitch as his college career matures, he will be even more dominant than he is now.

18 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Tremendous potential.   As the commentators said, when/if he develops a third pitch as his college career matures, he will be even more dominant than he is now.

I bet he's working on one right now. 

Archived