They Know That America Isn’t Great

aubiefifty

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Quoting a lot of scripture and obviously a Christian. I can understand why you folks would be upset. She is a pretty lady.   

quoting scripture does not mean jack. it is what is in your heart and sadly most of you right wingers have no heart. she is a friggin wingnut and if you believe her garbage then you are just another wingnut helping to empower her idiotic statements.but you guys only deny and deflect because it is not about right and wrong it is about winning. well at least you live in florida so you cannot vote for good ol roy moore.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

quoting scripture does not mean jack. it is what is in your heart and sadly most of you right wingers have no heart. she is a friggin wingnut and if you believe her garbage then you are just another wingnut helping to empower her idiotic statements.but you guys only deny and deflect because it is not about right and wrong it is about winning. well at least you live in florida so you cannot vote for good ol roy moore.

ok. I like Roy's horse. 

Never forget that Nola loves you and I love you to fifty.  

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

ok. I like Roy's horse. 

tis ok to hate me or dislike me. i am  blunt and to the point. but hey......no one has to figure out where i stand. and i have more private sorrows than i can count but i would rather you send your love to those kids separated from their parents at the border. they are kids and had no choice...........

I am a man that has a pretty deep relationship with Christ. I do not support this woman’s ministry. 

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am a man that has a pretty deep relationship with Christ. I do not support this woman’s ministry. 

thank you dkw. trump and his people have mostly turned religion into a cartoon and too often something hate filled. trump uses these people and people make coins to sell and claim he is gods chosen one. it makes me sick. folks do not understand a lot of people see this kind of stuff and walk away from it. mostly younger folks but the damage is already being done. i have a close friend of over fifty years that is a pastor and he just left one of the vineyard churches because of this sort of thing. and i am ashamed i live in a country that will take some poor folks looking for a better life and separate them and put them in cages. the worse it taking children from families and then losing them and mishandling things to the point where some of these kids will never be reunited with their families again. it breaks my heart. i have no problem with addressing the immigration but not when we act like the gestapo doing it.

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Quoting a lot of scripture and obviously a Christian. I can understand why you folks would be upset. She is a pretty lady.   

"Obviously" a Christian???

Good grief Salty, but that's ironically wrong. :no:

She's a full blown, evil wacko who is using religion as an instrument of hate and persecution, just like the Taliban and Isis. 

I would never have suspected you could embrace such a person merely because they are a self-described "Christian".  She is an insult - and a threat - to Christianity. 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

"Obviously" a Christian???

Good grief Salty, but that's ironically wrong. :no:

She's a full blown, evil wacko who is using religion as an instrument of hate and persecution, just like the Taliban and Isis. 

I would never have suspected you could embrace such a person merely because they are a self-described "Christian".  She is an insult - and a threat - to Christianity. 

I can understand how that could be your perception Brother Homer. 

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am ashamed i live in a country that will take some poor folks looking for a better life and separate them and put them in cages. the worse it taking children from families and then losing them and mishandling things to the point where some of these kids will never be reunited with their families again. it breaks my heart. i have no problem with addressing the immigration but not when we act like the gestapo doing it.

This has been a problem long before Trump. He is attempting albeit alone to address the problem. You should also be ashamed of yourself fifty for using the horrible situation for little more than bashing President Trump. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/449087-if-democrats-had-true-compassion-they-would-tackle-the-border-crisis

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

This has been a problem long before Trump. He is attempting albeit alone to address the problem. You should also be ashamed of yourself fifty for using the horrible situation for little more than bashing President Trump. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/449087-if-democrats-had-true-compassion-they-would-tackle-the-border-crisis

oh i am not ashamed as i know obama was doing things as well but i am not sure he separated families and was near as heavy handed as trump. and while i agree  immigration is a problem we do not have to be like the gestapo doing it. also have any of you ever thought many of those people that only seek a better life and running from horrors are christian?

On 6/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, aubiefifty said:

"Most of you right wingers have no heart"....wow, that's an educated statement (and by that I mean not educated at all).  This is why we can't have nice things....

“…You find that people who believe it’s the government’s job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away.”

Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Brooks demonstrates a correlation between charitable behavior and "the values that lie beneath" liberal and conservative labels. Two influences on charitable behavior are religion and attitudes about the proper role of government.

The single biggest predictor of someone's altruism, Willett says, is religion. It increasingly correlates with conservative political affiliations because, as Brooks' book says, "the percentage of self-described Democrats who say they have 'no religion' has more than quadrupled since the early 1970s." America is largely divided between religious givers and secular nongivers, and the former are disproportionately conservative. One demonstration that religion is a strong determinant of charitable behavior is that the least charitable cohort is a relatively small one -- secular conservatives.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

"Most of you right wingers have no heart"....wow, that's an educated statement (and by that I mean not educated at all).  This is why we can't have nice things....

“…You find that people who believe it’s the government’s job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away.”

Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Brooks demonstrates a correlation between charitable behavior and "the values that lie beneath" liberal and conservative labels. Two influences on charitable behavior are religion and attitudes about the proper role of government.

The single biggest predictor of someone's altruism, Willett says, is religion. It increasingly correlates with conservative political affiliations because, as Brooks' book says, "the percentage of self-described Democrats who say they have 'no religion' has more than quadrupled since the early 1970s." America is largely divided between religious givers and secular nongivers, and the former are disproportionately conservative. One demonstration that religion is a strong determinant of charitable behavior is that the least charitable cohort is a relatively small one -- secular conservatives.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html

sorry jap but i was talking about y'all have no heart when it comes to locking kids up in cages after they have been ripped away from their families. that sort of thing. but gosh man thanx for replying..........

I have to tell y’all that reading that she was the pastor that supposedly “lead Trump to the Lord” my eyes rolled back in my head. Gonna piss off a lot of people here. I have never bought into the story of Trumps conversion. Just not buying it. That is on me. I just can’t trust a man that has made a mockery of everything that Christians are supposed to hold dear. Adultery, Honest Business Dealing, Morals, Integrity, Character, Ethics. DJT walking into the pageant dressing room. Grabbing this and that. Cheated on every wife he’s ever had. This carny barker that may have had an affair with Benny Hinn lead him to the Lord? 

Lets just say I am skeptical and call it a day. 

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I have to tell y’all that reading that she was the pastor that supposedly “lead Trump to the Lord” my eyes rolled back in my head. Gonna piss off a lot of people here. I have never bought into the story of Trumps conversion. Just not buying it. That is on me. I just can’t trust a man that has made a mockery of everything that Christians are supposed to hold dear. Adultery, Honest Business Dealing, Morals, Integrity, Character, Ethics. DJT walking into the pageant dressing room. Grabbing this and that. Cheated on every wife he’s ever had. This carny barker that may have had an affair with Benny Hinn lead him to the Lord? 

Lets just say I am skeptical and call it a day. 

this is why i think so many on the right are fruit loops. we all know damn well they know this and turn a blind eye as well as lying or making fun of those that call out his behavior. so why is that do you think? serious as a heart attack here. what causes good people to turn a blind eye to him and the bad things he does? and more baffling is while some of these people are christian and they just seem to cheer him on while he devalues christianity. i would love to here one honest answer. i was always taught christians were supposed to be good role models. and yes i know everyone sins. so why do they let their morals slide if their religion means more to most of them than country and family etc? it is a horrible dishonesty. the only thing i can think of is they think obama was uppity and so they want the white get to get a break or something? i mean i have yet to see anyone act racist on here that i have seen. and also most of the people that support trump would appear to be decent people. so i just do not get it. and of course instead of someone coming in here and making an honest statement they will make fun of people or just deflect and even worse............lie. am i wrong to expect an honest answer?

On 6/21/2019 at 2:51 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Trump is not trying to address the problem. 

He has the power to address the urgent humanitarian issue but refuses to do so because he'd rather put prioritize spending on his wall.  Additional policy decisions - such as cutting funds to the countries of origin - are only making the problem worse.  Dear Leader is not interested in actually addressing the problem, it's just a political tool for him.  He has worsened the humanitarian problem for political reasons.

And his blatant attempts to blame Obama for family separation (see his interview on "Meed the Press") are nothing more than lies. 

Obama did authorize children to be taken from their "custodians" or kidnappers, but only if in the interests of the child.  It was Trump who instituted a broad plan to separate from children from their actual parents as a matter of policy to deter the numbers of immigrants.  Hell, they admitted as much.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/621065383/what-we-know-family-separation-and-zero-tolerance-at-the-border

On 6/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, aubiefifty said:

sorry jap but i was talking about y'all have no heart when it comes to locking kids up in cages after they have been ripped away from their families. that sort of thing. but gosh man thanx for replying..........

Kids from "shi# hole" countries don't count.  Not even if they are mostly Christian as well.

image.png

On 6/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, homersapien said:

Kids from "shi# hole" countries don't count.  Not even if they are mostly Christian as well.

image.png

Truly dont know whether to laugh or cry. Christians are a varied group, no two are the same.

I know some people that identify as Christians really follow "Ole Brother So & So's" Teachings. They know a lot, but oddly not much about the God of the bible. They know how "Ole Brother So & So" feels about immigrants, blacks, and women, and DONATIONS... These poor fools do not know Christ at all. 

Some people calling themselves Christian are really Clones of "Ole Brother So & So" . You know them: "Well "Ole Brother So & So" taught us "X." If it was good enough for him, its good enough for me. 

Some people calling themselves Christian are really Accountants. You know them: "If you do more good things than bad things then you get to go to heaven..."

Some people calling themselves Christian are really just LAZY. You know them: "If your name is in that certain book, you are good to go no matter what."

ETC, etc, etc...

Some people are Trump supporters simply because he pisses off the right people, namely Liberal Elites...

On 6/20/2019 at 8:38 PM, SaltyTiger said:

ok. I like Roy's horse. 

i can return that love if you are serious salty. not physically of course just so ya know............grins

43 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Truly dont know whether to laugh or cry. Christians are a varied group, no two are the same.

I know some people that identify as Christians really follow "Ole Brother So & So's" Teachings. They know a lot, but oddly not much about the God of the bible. They know how "Ole Brother So & So" feels about immigrants, blacks, and women, and DONATIONS... These poor fools do not know Christ at all. 

Some people calling themselves Christian are really Clones of "Ole Brother So & So" . You know them: "Well "Ole Brother So & So" taught us "X." If it was good enough for him, its good enough for me. 

Some people calling themselves Christian are really Accountants. You know them: "If you do more good things than bad things then you get to go to heaven..."

Some people calling themselves Christian are really just LAZY. You know them: "If your name is in that certain book, you are good to go no matter what."

ETC, etc, etc...

Some people are Trump supporters simply because he pisses off the right people, namely Liberal Elites...

i have a friend of over fifty years who is a preacher. he quit his church because of too many hateful things. and he is a republican. but i know him to be a fine man and there are not many days go by that he is not helping someone.

On 6/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, homersapien said:

He has the power to address the urgent humanitarian issue but refuses to do so because he'd rather put prioritize spending on his wall.  Additional policy decisions - such as cutting funds to the countries of origin - are only making the problem worse.  Dear Leader is not interested in actually addressing the problem, it's just a political tool for him.  He has worsened the humanitarian problem for political reasons.

Several Presidents have had the power to address this humanitarian issue. " Dear Leader" is bringing it to the forefront. Something his ball-less predecessors would not  address.  The additional funds that you speak of to the "northern triangle" have  been shelled out needlessly. 

You guys are using the problem as a tool to bash a president that you can not accept. " The Children" you guys should be ashamed .

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Several Presidents have had the power to address this humanitarian issue. " Dear Leader" is bringing it to the forefront. Something his ball-less predecessors would not  address.  The additional funds that you speak of to the "northern triangle" have  been shelled out needlessly. 

You guys are using the problem as a tool to bash a president that you can not accept. " The Children" you guys should be ashamed .

All they want to do is piss and moan Salty.  We're being invaded from the South with the Democrat establishment's aid and aim of using the illegal immigrant influx to reshape US voting ... illegally.   Anything happening in the detention centers is the creation of the folks on here decrying what they've created.   They destroy every constituency they touch in the pursuit of a dependent voter block.    Let's see how serious they are about helping the situation in these two weeks.  Mexico is now doing far more than the Democrat party leadership. 

Oh, and the richest part here is ... you guys are democrats...let me remind you what the democrat party is ... that's the party taking religion out of everything; the party that booed God in their convention, the party that has abortion on demand in their platform; the party that demands the right to murder viable children right up until birth; and the party who can't even bring itself to demand life saving treatment for children born in botched attempts to murder them just prior to birth; the party that sent $150b to the worlds leading state sponsor of terror; the state terror sponsor responsible for most every IED that has killed or maimed an American soldier in the middle east these last 20 years; the party that thinks illegals have more rights than citizens; the party that trots out women regularly to try to ruin innocent peoples lives in the name of protecting the "right" to murder children with impunity; and the party that spent the last 2 years attempting a coup de tat because it's so deranged it can't imagine that half the country didn't think it was "her turn".   

Drop the moral outrage guys ... it looks about as genuine as this Jussie Smollet video.... 

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

We're being invaded from the South with the Democrat establishment's aid and aim of using the illegal immigrant influx to reshape US voting ... illegally

You hit the nail on the head. The dems don't give a damn about the illegals expect for their vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/e-jean-carroll-donald-trump-not-my-type-101730791.html?ncid=facebook_yahoonewsf_akfmevaatca

D9nfxBRXUAArwfK.jpg

So far 15 women have accused Trump of assault. Fifteen women. Not even Clinton had that many, that I recall.
Trump swears he never met this woman. Here's the picture of them together...

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/e-jean-carroll-donald-trump-not-my-type-101730791.html?ncid=facebook_yahoonewsf_akfmevaatca

So far 15 women have accused Trump of assault. Fifteen women. Not even Clinton had that many, that I recall.
Trump swears he never met this woman. Here's the picture of them together...

you better add one dkw.........

Trump sexual assault accuser E Jean Carroll considers police complaint

Ed Pilkington and Edward Helmore in New York

7-8 minutes

Photograph: Craig Ruttle/AP

E Jean Carroll, the celebrated advice columnist who has accused Donald Trump of sexually assaulting her in the mid-1990s, has said she is considering bringing a complaint to the New York police department (NYPD).

In a lengthy interview with CNN on Monday, Carroll said she would be open to working with the NYPD in a criminal investigation into the attack she alleges happened in the Manhattan store of Bergdorf Goodman in late 1995 or early 1996.

Related: Donald Trump says assault accuser E Jean Carroll 'not my type'

“I would consider it,” she said. However, she added that lawyers had advised her that the statute of limitations deadline by which such a complaint would have had to be brought has expired.

The advice columnist, whose column Ask E Jean has been a popular feature of Elle for almost 30 years, broke her bombshell allegations in New York magazine on Friday. Her comments to CNN were the first time she has been seen on camera telling her story. The book in which it appears will be published next Tuesday.

Trump has issued blanket denials of the claims. On Saturday he said he had “no idea” who Carroll was, despite a photograph existing of the two meeting in a social setting from the late 1980s. And in an interview with The Hill on Monday, Trump again dismissed the allegations, adding, “she’s not my type”.

The “not my type” remark is not the first time Trump has disparaged an accuser. In 2016, after a former magazine writer accused Trump of assaulting her in 2005, he responded: “She lies! Look at her, I don’t think so.” And when another woman claimed Trump groped her in the early 1980s, he said: “Believe me she would not be my first choice.”

Responding to the president’s comments on CNN, Carroll said: “I love that I’m not his type.”

The president has suggested that Carroll’s allegations are designed to make money out of book sales. He has also floated the theory that this is a political conspiracy to discredit him in the week he launched his campaign for re-election.

Bill de Blasio, the mayor of New York who is running for the Democratic nomination to face Trump in 2020, said on Saturday that were Carroll to come forward with her allegations, he would authorise a police investigation. “We will find out the truth,” he said.

But the reaction to Carroll’s allegations has been strangely muted. In live interviews on Sunday, the vice-president, Mike Pence, was not asked once about the fresh claims of sexual assault made against his boss.

The New York Times, which carried Carroll’s allegations and Trump’s subsequent denial on Friday, has launched a reader’s editor inquiry into why its 800-word account of Carroll’s allegations was not promoted to the first page until Saturday and only belatedly made it into the paper on Sunday.

Some who wrote in to complain questioned whether the lack of prominence revealed deference to the president, misogyny or an unwillingness to believe a victim’s account.

The paper’s executive editor, Dean Baquet, said on Monday that critics were correct that the article had been downplayed. “The fact that a well-known person was making a very public allegation against a sitting president ‘should’ve compelled us to play it bigger’,” Baquet conceded in conversation with the paper’s Reader Center.

The New York Post removed a story about Carroll’s allegations on Friday afternoon. CNN Business reported on Monday that Col Allen, a supporter of Trump and an adviser to the paper, had ordered the removal.

Carroll has also been forced to defend her accusations, which could be considered a step away from blaming the victim. She strongly denied to CNN that she was politically motivated in describing the alleged attack in her book What Do We Need Men For?

“I’m barely political. I can’t name you the candidates who are running right now,” she said.

Carroll said she was suffering as a result of coming forward. She has received death threats on social media, she said, and fears her career in journalism might be in peril.

“Who knows? Donald Trump has gotten people fired,” she said.

Carroll gave CNN further vivid details of the attack she says she endured when Trump took her into a dressing room in the lingerie department of the department store.

“The minute he closed that door I was banged up against the wall, hit my head really hard,” she said. “Boom. I was stunned, and then he tried to kiss me, which was repulsive.”

She went on: “My reaction was to laugh to knock off the erotic thing he had going on, but no, he just went at it. He pulled down my tights. There was a fight. I want women to know I did not stand there, I did not freeze, I was not paralysed. No, I fought.”

The CNN presenter Alisyn Camerota put it to the writer that what she was describing was an unambiguous case of legal rape. Carroll declined to agree.

She said: “I don’t use the word. I have difficulty with the word. I see it as a fight. I don’t want to be seen as a victim because I quickly went past [it]. It was a very brief episode of my life. I’m very careful with that word.”

Camerota is well versed in the difficulties women face in cases of sexual misconduct. In April 2017 she revealed she was sexually harassed by Roger Ailes, the late and ousted Fox News chair, while she was a presenter on that channel.

Were Carroll to go to the NYPD, it is by no means certain a case could be mounted, given statute of limitations concerns. New York state removed the five-year statute of limitations for first-degree rape in 2006 but it did not do so retroactively, meaning that all cases that fell before that year – as Carroll’s allegations do – are not freed from the restriction.

Related: Trump repeats contested claim he does not know latest sexual assault accuser

That potentially insurmountable roadblock notwithstanding, there are aspects of Carroll’s case that would be of interest to NYPD detectives. She has kept the clothes that she was wearing during the alleged assault in her closet, where they remain unlaundered to this day.

Carroll’s clothing is an echo of the blue cocktail dress worn by Monica Lewinsky, which carried DNA evidence that became important in the impeachment of Bill Clinton. Asked by Camerota if she thought her dress could similarly have Trump’s DNA on it, Carroll replied: “I have no idea whether the president ejaculated.”

Carroll was asked at length why she had not come forward during the 2016 campaign, and had waited until now. She said that for years she had blamed herself and thought of herself as stupid.

But she said she had watched a pattern developing with 16 or more women coming forward to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct – she had thought “they were doing the job”, she said – only for Trump to get away with it.

“With all the women it’s the same: he denies it, he turns it around, he attacks and he threatens – and then everybody forgets it until the next woman comes along. I am sick of it. I am sick of it.”

2 hours ago, kd4au said:

You hit the nail on the head. The dems don't give a damn about the illegals expect for their vote.

Yeah, how many million illegal immigrants was it that voted last election? 

I don't remember.  :rolleyes:

Folks, I cant remember if i shared this before. It was on my FB Wall and a friend pointed me back to it today. 
Noel Casler, used to work for Celebrity Apprentice..and some of the Beauty Pageants.
When NC left the Trump entourage, he had to sign a 24 page NDA. Let me repeat that:

A 24 Page Non-Disclosure Agreement...Trump wasnt even running for President at the time. Money @ 3:30, Language Warning...

Archived