Baseball vs. Mississippi State - CWS

Still hard to believe we made it to Omaha.   Let's finish this thing.   lineup today:

Ward
Bliss
Davis
Holland
Williams
Woley
Julien
Scheffler
Howell

Jack Owen

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the talk from umpire about? Hey I gave you one on the last pitch? Seems like we may be getting screwed early? Hope we get them three up and down also. Is that not a balk on pitchers part? Stopping on motion to plate?

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Out of 15 pitches we made contact once on the foul tip.

foul ball not foul tip.  commonly missapplied term.  sorry just bothers me because there's a distinct difference in the two. 

7 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

What was the talk from umpire about? Hey I gave you one on the last pitch? Seems like we may be getting screwed early? Hope we get them three up and down also. Is that not a balk on pitchers part? Stopping on motion to plate?

Announcers wondered if it was about small putting his fingers in his mouth.  

didn't look easy but no damage...….MSU guys are gonna get bats on the ball.....just got to play some good defense...

10 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

good grief.  please quit thinking everybody is out to get us.  Is that a balk?  Absolutely NOT.  It's the same motion he's been doing all season and umpires would have told him at the beginning of the year if it wasn't a legal thing to do.   Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Tanner Burns do a similar thing in his delivery?  His is legal too.

It's a long game but we are not even touching this guy right now.....

Archived