Baseball vs. Mississippi State - CWS

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Gotta' lose two.  Until the finals, then it's best of three..

Louisville right? At least we thoroughly beat a top 5 team for literally every inning except the last one. Louisville can’t be too much harder. Probably gonna be more of a mental thing than talent tho. This Edouard guy is probably going to check every throw he makes for the remainder of this tourney 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Hero to zero for Edouard. 

Well he did mess up but 3rd has not been as easy position for him all season. He just isn't a natural fit there IMHO. 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Louisville right? At least we thoroughly beat a top 5 team for literally every inning except the last one. Louisville can’t be too much harder. Probably gonna be more of a mental thing than talent tho. This Edouard guy is probably going to check every throw he makes for the remainder of this tourney 

Is third just not his best position or something? I hope he does some film study or something to know better how to handle tough positions.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well he did mess up but 3rd has not been as easy position for him all season. He just isn't a natural fit there IMHO. 

He’s made that throw all year. He just missed it. Big pressure situation and he just missed it. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yeah, he's not a third baseman.  Bliss isn't a second baseman, Woley's not a first baseman, Williams isn't an outfiielder and Sheffler as soft as it gets behind the plate.  And Butch has this team in Omaha.

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hate it for this team. But somehow I had that feeling.....

I had just lost that feeling on the hit lol ... only for it to smack me in the face. 

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You guys are kidding right?  These guys are in Omaha, lose a really tough one, and everybody bails?  After what these guys did to get there????   Sheesh.

Can’t answer for everybody, but I think an emotional-laden rant on a forum is acceptable after that. Would question anyone’s fan(atacism ) if they just watched a game get gift-wrapped that was in control for 8 innings and were all “oh golly aw shucks”. Of course we’re proud of the team.  Been an amazing season all the way around. But also mad/sad/amazed that one got away.

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You guys are kidding right?  These guys are in Omaha, lose a really tough one, and everybody bails?  After what these guys did to get there????   Sheesh.

If by bail you mean, upset that we lost a game we should have won and admit that we had some really bad play at the end, then yes, we bailed.  Seriously, put the koolaid down.

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Can’t answer for everybody, but I think an emotional-laden rant on a forum is acceptable after that. Would question anyone’s fan(atacism ) if they just watched a game get gift-wrapped that was in control for 8 innings and were all “oh golly aw shucks”. Of course we’re proud of the team. But also mad/sad/amazed that one got away.

You didn't watch the whole season....amiright?

Yeah EJ screwed up but I'm placing blame on coaches for pitching decisions and the rest of the guys for poor ABs all night.  Offensively, EJ had us in position to win it, but he was about all we had offensively.  

I didnt quite understand making the switch to Burns even after that double...I thought Butch should have stayed with the freshman...he was in pretty good command of his pitches.  I think we outcoached ourselves as well as goofy times errors...

1 minute ago, Weagle98 said:

Seriously, put the koolaid down.

Koolaid, LOL.  Go back and look what these guys have done.  They have no business being where they are.  

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

You didn't watch the whole season....amiright?

Missed five home games. Went to Hoover. Went to Georgia Tech. Listen, I respect you on this forum and your past with this program. If I’ve ever disrespected you at all, then it was unintentional and I apologize. But whether intentional or not on your end, this questioning everyone’s fandom who aren’t ride or dies comes off very hostile through a text forum. Tonight sucks. The whole has been magical. I honestly don’t know what else I can say that would be viewed as “acceptable” by you

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Koolaid, LOL.  Go back and look what these guys have done.  They have no business being where they are.  

You are correct but that doesn't mean we can't be heartbroken and a little pissed about losing a game that we had in the bag. 

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Agreed, but saying we pissed away the ending isn't "bailing".  You need to work on hour adjectives.  Proud of the team and they have done better than most anyone would have thought, and they pissed away the end of the game.  See it can be both without bailing on the team.  The righteous indignation on our loyalty is weak.

Need to say it. If you’re not upset after this loss, that’s weird. But if you’re so mad that you’re making blanket negative statements about the team this season, you need to look at where we are. I’m disappointed in tonight, of course, but the whole world just watched Auburn Baseball handle Miss State for 8.2 innings at the College World Series. It stinks, and I feel for Eddy, and as a fan, I see things that could’ve been done better by AU, but I also saw a Freshman pitcher put up 6 big outs in late innings against a powerhouse offense at the CWS, and I also saw a freshman second baseman make 2 major league plays right in a row at the CWS, and I also saw the farthest home run I’ve ever seen hit at the CWS, and I also saw a freshman center fielder shoot one back up the middle for a hit at the CWS, and those guys were wearing Auburn. The fact that our program has been turned around and is now here, and competing is fantastic. And these freshman are getting invaluable experience that will only pay off down the road. Tonight stinks, but we get at least another game to play in Omaha. 

We’re there. We’re competing. That’s what matters IMO.

23 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I just looked over the thread since the loss and I didn’t see anyone say they were bailing. Who did you see that said that?

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

What did we do as a athletic program to repeatedly have the most heartbreaking in the biggest games? Twice in 1 year? YGTBKM!!!!!!!! I am so sick of this. 

Major, major choke job. Unbelievable. Feel bad for the players.

27 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Can’t answer for everybody, but I think an emotional-laden rant on a forum is acceptable after that. Would question anyone’s fan(atacism ) if they just watched a game get gift-wrapped that was in control for 8 innings and were all “oh golly aw shucks”. Of course we’re proud of the team.  Been an amazing season all the way around. But also mad/sad/amazed that one got away.

Yes but going after the kid who made the most glaring mistake by those who have gone after him or the team is unacceptable, pathetic, & completely tasteless. Those who have done that deserve a time out from being able to post on the site for a while IMO. No matter how angry, upset, or frustrated any of us are, it altogether combined doesn't come near the depth of what Julian & the team is feeling right now. Auburn is a family. As a family we need to be lifting them up.

Archived