Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

2020 4* DT Nazir Stackhouse (UGA Commit)

Recommended Posts

12 offers including AU (Per Rivals), UGA, Bama, Gators, LSU, FSU, Nebraska, Ohio St., aTm, & Vols
Has visited AU more than UGA including 2 times this month

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




13 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

 

So why is he still committed to UGA if he has not committed to playing football there yet?

I'm glad we're a threat but I really wish recruits would not remain committed to a school if they are not sure they will play there. (I have to say this because I whined about Pickens in the same way.)

Edited by tigerbrotha12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So why is he still committed to UGA if he has not committed to playing football there yet?

I'm glad we're a threat but I really wish recruits would not remain committed to a school if they are not sure they will play there. (I have to say this because I whined about Pickens in the same way.)

Maybe we haven't fully committed to him. 

Maybe uga pressured him into an early commitment and he felt like he had to to make sure he had a spot somewhere. 

Maybe he's become less certain about uga's recruiting pitch but not to the point of decommitting. 

Maybe uga's subtly encouraging him to shop and make room for somebody they like better.

This is an ugly business and if anything sketchy is going on, it's usually the adults in the room providing the sketchinesss. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe we haven't fully committed to him. 

Maybe uga pressured him into an early commitment and he felt like he had to to make sure he had a spot somewhere. 

Maybe he's become less certain about uga's recruiting pitch but not to the point of decommitting. 

Maybe uga's subtly encouraging him to shop and make room for somebody they like better.

This is an ugly business and if anything sketchy is going on, it's usually the adults in the room providing the sketchinesss. 

 

good point.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So why is he still committed to UGA if he has not committed to playing football there yet?

I'm glad we're a threat but I really wish recruits would not remain committed to a school if they are not sure they will play there. (I have to say this because I whined about Pickens in the same way.)

Stackhouse has been committed to UGA for a long time.  They started looking at other players and Stackhouse started to publicly say he is listening to other programs.  It is like the girlfriend who feels like her boyfriend isn't paying enough attention to her so she goes and flirts with other boys to make him jealous.  In my opinion, he is doing this to see if UGA will react and try to keep him.  If they don't react he will look elsewhere but UGA is his option 1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

 

FWIW AU was the only school he went out of his way to say was a threat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So why is he still committed to UGA if he has not committed to playing football there yet?

Huh?

38 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm glad we're a threat but I really wish recruits would not remain committed to a school if they are not sure they will play there. (I have to say this because I whined about Pickens in the same way.)

Seems like a random time to express that feeling. Most committed kids still take visits to other places & look around. It's the nature of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Huh?

Seems like a random time to express that feeling. Most committed kids still take visits to other places & look around. It's the nature of the game.

1.) As in if he's not fully committed to playing for UGA, why is he still "committed" to them? It's more me making a statement about the current landscape of recruiting rather than specifically about Stackhouse

2.) I agree. It just seems like Stackhouse is saying he is still unsure where he wants to go to school is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

2.) I agree. It just seems like Stackhouse is saying he is still unsure where he wants to go to school is all. 

Sounds like he's sure to me but just keeping options open in case anything happens with UGA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like he's sure to me but just keeping options open in case anything happens with UGA.

Ok,  I just took him saying "Auburn is a threat" as him saying he's still unsure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like he's sure to me but just keeping options open in case anything happens with UGA.

Just trying to get some "Kirby  Love".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds like he's sure to me but just keeping options open in case anything happens with UGA.

As a recruit you always have to keep your options open. These schools/coaches will turn on you quickly 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this