2020 4* DT McKinnley Jackson (Texas A&M)

ellitor

20 offers including AU, LSU, Bama, Rebs, Miss St., FSU, Clemson, Gators, Vols, aTm, USC
Visited for BCW
AU becoming increasingly more involved

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope the Mississippi pipeline is still flowing strong!

I am definitely not a recruiting expert so take this judgement for the grain of salt it is worth....

This kid seems to play more with his size than he does with his skill.  He plays straight up.  Yes he does follow the ball a lot of the time, but that is basically it.  He does beat a few blocks but mainly ones he is oversized.  It's not like he is beating a bunch of double teams or something.  If you watch the times he does get clean into backfield it is more about missed communication by OL than he beat somebody.  In fact one of his highlights was an INT being returned and he was just standing there.  He did stick out his arm but to no effect.  Not even sure why he would put that in there.

Not knocking the kid or the ranking.  Just stating my observations.  I am completely open for someone to tell me how wrong I am.

54 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am definitely not a recruiting expert so take this judgement for the grain of salt it is worth....

This kid seems to play more with his size than he does with his skill.  He plays straight up.  Yes he does follow the ball a lot of the time, but that is basically it.  He does beat a few blocks but mainly ones he is oversized.  It's not like he is beating a bunch of double teams or something.  If you watch the times he does get clean into backfield it is more about missed communication by OL than he beat somebody.  In fact one of his highlights was an INT being returned and he was just standing there.  He did stick out his arm but to no effect.  Not even sure why he would put that in there.

Not knocking the kid or the ranking.  Just stating my observations.  I am completely open for someone to tell me how wrong I am.

Im no expert either but you have to take into account this man is 330lbs and is moving with some speed. Watch him in that one play lined up at DE. He is absolutely rolling at 330lbs. He only appears to be unblocked because he's quick off the ball and uses his hands to beat blockers so fast that you dont notice whats happened. He reads a screen and pulling linemen quicker than most Ive seen at a high school level. Watch him NOT go after the QB when they set up the screen. That man ran straight to the RB and busted the play. He also followed pulling linemen which will take you right to the play 95% of the time. 

***I typed the above after watching half of his highlights. When i started it back up the play with the interception started up (after further inspection it could have been a punt). He was kinda slacking on that play but he did make the tackle lol! Next play he read the screen again.

8 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Im no expert either but you have to take into account this man is 330lbs and is moving with some speed. Watch him in that one play lined up at DE. He is absolutely rolling at 330lbs. He only appears to be unblocked because he's quick off the ball and uses his hands to beat blockers so fast that you dont notice whats happened. He reads a screen and pulling linemen quicker than most Ive seen at a high school level. Watch him NOT go after the QB when they set up the screen. That man ran straight to the RB and busted the play. He also followed pulling linemen which will take you right to the play 95% of the time. 

I said I was no expert :)

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I said I was no expert :)

Me either but I was just letting you know a few things to look at and consider from my experiences as a high school lineman. I think he's very talented though.

Good wheels for a man his size, reads plays very well,  keeps chasing the play, pad level is way to high he gets away with that because he is so big and for a HS player uses his hands fairly well. He would be a great pickup and Garner would fix his technique. He has the potential to stuff the run in the middle because of his size and is quick enough to beat guards on inside and get to RB or QB in backfield. He is type of player that Garner would get some PT as a freshman and that he would really start to shine second year.

• 1 month later...

I am sorry if this posted elsewhere - 

what are the numbers on DL we want to sign?

DE - 

DT -

Buck -

is DE different than Buck at Auburn?  Don't we have one DE and one Buck?    

Wish we had not lost R Jibunor

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

what are the numbers on DL we want to sign?

DE

Haven't seen a number. Guessing 1-2

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

DT -

Haven't seen a number. Guessing 2-3

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Buck -

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

is DE different than Buck at Auburn?

Yes. DE at AU is a Strongside End. Buck is a Weakside End/Stand up End/ or Outside LB.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Don't we have one DE and one Buck?

What do you mean? In the class not yet. As far as what we use on plays yes.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

What do you mean? In the class not yet. As far as what we use on plays yes.

I think he meant in our system. One DE and 1 buck 

Thanks E and Todd.  I forgot DE was strongside.  When I saw that, all the pieces fell in place.  

Sure wish D Newkirk wasn't injured again!  I will have to go find an update.  He was a freak in HS. 

War Eagle!!! 

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Thanks E and Todd.  I forgot DE was strongside.  When I saw that, all the pieces fell in place.  

Sure wish D Newkirk wasn't injured again!  I will have to go find an update.  He was a freak in HS. 

War Eagle!!! 

We really need him at DT next to Brown. I hope Truesdale can be that guy for now.

42 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I will have to go find an update.

If you are looking for a Newkirk update he's likely to miss a good part of the season. The good thing is apparently Truesdell has stepped up at DT & TD at the Buck. If those trends continue that allows us more versatility with Coe.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If you are looking for a Newkirk update he's likely to miss a good part of the season. The good thing is apparently Truesdell has stepped up at DT & TD at the Buck. If those trends continue that allows us more versatility with Coe.

Moultry playing like he was expected to as a recruit would do a lot for the defense.  Coe needs to be inside.  At his size and with his athleticism he could be a monster on the interior line.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Since we're thin with DL for our 2020 class, maybe we still have a chance of signing McKinnley Jackson.

Maybe

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Since we're thin with DL for our 2020 class, maybe we still have a chance of signing McKinnley Jackson.

Wait for it ........   

On 8/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, ellitor said:

The good thing is apparently Truesdell has stepped up at DT & TD at the Buck. If those trends continue that allows us more versatility with Coe.

That’s great news!  Coe is perfect as a backup for Brown at that DT position and a backup for MD at DE.  

Not ideal, but if necessary, he can play Buck even though he’s not a true Buck, and he could play the other DT spot that is more of a lane stuffer, block eater position than Brown’s position (although the 2 DT spots seem to be less distinct than they used to be). 

On 8/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, ellitor said:

Do you think we have enough depth along the D line in case of injuries? This worries me.  Thanks my friend and Chop On!! That grand slam today was awesome to say the least!

Archived