2020 3* Juco OT Brenden Coffey Commits to Auburn!

ellitor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another guy that needs to add a few pounds instead of the other way around. I think this is how we should recruit our offensive tackles and seems to be a trend. 

***nevermind. This is the same 275lb guy. :homer:

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Him, Bass, and Zierer would be more depth and I like more depth for 2020. 

Likely only taking 2 of the 3 at most, maybe 1. Jeremiah Wright has a spot reserved when he wants in.

I like this kid.  He is a road grader.  Chases the play just in case he can get one more block.  Great hustle and good footwork

Yeah, I like the little I see of him. I think Zierer looks to have a higher ceiling, but it's close. Both are possible plug and play guys.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Likely only taking 2 of the 3 at most, maybe 1. Jeremiah Wright has a spot reserved when he wants in.

I don’t think you can turn any decent tackle down. Especially a top 2-3 juco. We are borderline desperate. Pull a wr offer if you have to. 

9 hours ago, alexava said:

don’t think you can turn any decent tackle down

We are taking 3, maybe 4 OT. We have 2 committed now projected at OT. There's only room for 1-2 more. Can't take everybody.

9 hours ago, alexava said:

Pull a wr offer if you have to. 

Not going to happen. We are taking 4 WR. 5 if EJ wants in.

@ellitor

I see Coffey has been offered by Oregon. Will be doing an OV there?  If he visits, can Auburn hold them off and stay the front runner? 

Cristobal trumps anyone on Auburns' staff when it comes to recruiting.

4 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Will be doing an OV there?

Yes. Late July per Keith.

8 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

can Auburn hold them off and stay the front runner?

That's the big question. Since I'm not a recruiting reporter it's one I don't have an answer to nor seen enough info to form an opinion on.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Late July per Keith.

That's the big question. Since I'm not a recruiting reporter it's one I don't have an answer to nor seen enough info to form an opinion on.

Late July is one of the best times to visit Oregon.  Auburn should pay to send him there in January...for 4 weeks...he'll be begging to come back here.

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Auburn should pay to send him there in January...for 4 weeks.

I'd rather not. AU would be paying his tuition in that case. He plans to be at his committed school in January.

He’s been to Oregon on an UOV. Still has the good guys in front. I’m hoping we close out with him or Zierer plus a HS tackle plus one more Guard. I’d like to see 7 OL in the class. Start restocking the cupboard. 

18 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

He’s been to Oregon on an UOV. Still has the good guys in front. I’m hoping we close out with him or Zierer plus a HS tackle plus one more Guard. I’d like to see 7 OL in the class. Start restocking the cupboard. 

How muck more do you like Z than Coffey?

Honestly, not a ton. I like his height. I'm a sucker for Tackles with reach, and Zierer looks like the longer-armed guy. To me, Coffey looks like an ideal RT. A little more physical, a little less length. But a prototypical RT? Sign me all the way up. They both look like potential impact signees for us.

10 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Honestly, not a ton. I like his height. I'm a sucker for Tackles with reach, and Zierer looks like the longer-armed guy. To me, Coffey looks like an ideal RT. A little more physical, a little less length. But a prototypical RT? Sign me all the way up. They both look like potential impact signees for us.

What do you think about the Juco Buskey?  6‘ 7  he looks to have the size & range to be a LT.

Honestly, I've never watched his film. He committed so quickly! I love the length, and he looks good on the hoof. I read somewhere that he's a true LT. If that's right, it's a BIG deal for us because a healthy Troxell fits better at RT.

• 1 month later...

@ellitor what's the news on this guy? Is he still a take? I'd almost rather have him than Zierer. This young man grew up playing football. The big Z only has a couple years of playing American Football. And Bass committed to Oregon so he is now out of the picture... I hope we take this guy. He won't need the seasoning Big Z needs.

On 6/21/2019 at 10:02 AM, AUDevil said:

Late July is one of the best times to visit Oregon.  Auburn should pay to send him there in January...for 4 weeks...he'll be begging to come back here.

Late July isn't ONE OF the best times to visit Eugene. It's the ABSOLUTE best. I do like your idea though. And it wouldn't need to be in January. October would be fine. The rain starts in late September and doesn't stop until June. However your thought that once he sees Eugene in the Winter it will make him want no part of being there just isn't true. Winter in Eugene is no different than Winter here in Alabama as far as temperature goes. The average Winter day in Eugene is about 40° with a grey sky and a light rain. It doesn't get as cold in Eugene as you would think being so close to Canada. Eugene is in the Willamette Valley. And there is a LOT of geothermal activity close to the surface around Eugene. It RARELY gets below 20°. It dipped below 20° (as a low temperature) only a handful of times in the decade plus I lived there. Now a hour away and you get into the mountains (REAL mountains year round snow capped mountains, not the hills they call mountains in the South) and you can get to lows  around -20°. One time on my way to visit my sister in laws family in Boise Idaho, we stopped in Baker City Oregon for the night. It got to around -50° and we went outside and threw a pitcher of hot water from the coffee pot into the air and it froze immediately. It turned into snow instantly. But that's like 6-8 hours from Eugene. Heck it snows as much in Alabama as it did in Eugene. 

Long story short, it's NOWHERE NEAR as cold in Eugene as you would think with it being only one state South of Canada.

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

@ellitor what's the news on this guy? Is he still a take? I'd almost rather have him than Zierer. This young man grew up playing football

@Auburn2Eugene Covered in the OL class reset thread a week ago...

Nothing has changed here other than apparently Oregon has slowed on him for the same reason.

• 3 months later...

Archived