2020 3*Juco OT Kilian Zierer Commits to AU!

ellitor

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Good, gives him a redshirt year to continue learning technique.

May not need it if he has a great Spring. He'll be in a 3 way competition for 2 OT spots with Buskey & Trox (who is missing the whole year with another knee injury) as things are now. Cohen could be a starter but I never expect that from a true frosh til I see it.

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

what do we need to get to a top 5 class (in whatever metric deemed most important)

A lot of bumps in ratings. With the uncommitted guys we are in best position with now It's nearly impossible to get to a top 5 as things are now.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

what do we need to get to a top 5 class (in whatever metric deemed most important)

Sign more highly rated players

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Angry 1

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sign more highly rated players

You’ve got a quick wit for a birdbrain. 😝 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU leads but leary of his upcoming OV to Oregon. Hopes to commit in August.

If we land him, this will be a nice class of OTs and OGs. If sign him, do you think we will go after anymore OTs?

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If we land him (Coffey), this will be a nice class of OTs and OGs. If sign him, do you think we will go after anymore OTs?

No. That would be 4 in the class.  Since we have 2 juco OTs committed the 2 high school OTs we are in good shape with may have just become priority.

War Eagle!!  Welcome to the Family!

I love that we are looking outside of the states for football players.  Two players born outside of the USA are currently starters for Auburn.  Just makes me really happy for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All I know is the coaches better have some gifted players lined up for next year at tackle

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

War Eagle!!  Welcome to the Family!

I love that we are looking outside of the states for football players.  Two players born outside of the USA are currently starters for Auburn.  Just makes me really happy for some reason. 

Are you SURE you are American and not Canadian?! All this love lately for other countries makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

canada.gif

ty.gif

43yty.gif

llouiouio.gif

• Haha 1

but seriously! Dilly is our best OL recruiter since Jeff Grimes. Otherwise known as the GRIMES THAT CAN RECRUIT! lol. WOOOO WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!! AND WAR DAMN DILLY!!!! We would be soooooooooooooo screwed with OL crutin without him. SO so so so very glad to have him. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

but seriously! Dilly is our best OL recruiter since Jeff Grimes. Otherwise known as the GRIMES THAT CAN RECRUIT! lol. WOOOO WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!! AND WAR DAMN DILLY!!!! We would be soooooooooooooo screwed with OL crutin without him. SO so so so very glad to have him. 

As much as didnt and still dont like hiring someone 2 years removed from being a GA as our OC, Dilly Dilly has done exceptionally well as far as recruiting goes. How his energy translates on the field remains to be seen, but i dont know of anyone else who could given us such a boost in recruiting

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I was. Heck this is the last Budweiser commercial i remember...

Damn! Has Oregon been Amish the past 25+ years?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Change our name to The University of Alabama or Clemson or University of Georgia. I'm convinced most ranking boosts come purely off the backs of who a kid is committed to.

The other solution is rehire the BagMan and let him do his thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I'm convinced most ranking boosts come purely off the backs of who a kid is committed to.

That may get them an initial rating but as the class goes on the sites try to fairly evaluate kids most of the time.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Are you SURE you are American and not Canadian?! All this love lately for other countries makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

It's more that we are finding success there.  I feel like we are a pioneer of sorts and not many schools have really started to look outside the states like we have.  Sure they are not as polished, but I feel like their talent level is vastly underrated.