2020 3*Juco OT Kilian Zierer Commits to AU!

ellitor

17 offers including AU, UCLA, Zona St., Wazzu, Oregon, Utah, TCU, Gators, FSU, & USC
#1Juco OT
OVed AU in May & AU has become a factor

In the highlight film I saw him execute the cut block multiple times on quick passes to be sure defender couldn't get a hand up. He didn't just dive for the legs on one he hit him quick high then went down so defender had no chance. This kid would be a great pickup especially as we will need two new starters at OT next year he and Buskey just might be the answer giving incoming freshman OT's time to develop. If not him then another Juco OT or Grad Transfer for next year. 

21 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the highlight film I saw him execute the cut block multiple times on quick passes to be sure defender couldn't get a hand up. He didn't just dive for the legs on one he hit him quick high then went down so defender had no chance. This kid would be a great pickup especially as we will need two new starters at OT next year he and Buskey just might be the answer giving incoming freshman OT's time to develop. If not him then another Juco OT or Grad Transfer for next year. 

Depending how things shake out we may take up to 3 Juco OL this class.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That is scary that we are so depleted on the OL that we need to take 3 JUCO. :( 

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That would buy us two years to get back to the type of O-line recruiting we should have been doing all along. It would give us 2 starters and a backup. Maybe even having one of the Juco OT's play guard next year as the only truly experienced player next year will be Brahm's at center after starting a few games last year. 

37 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That would buy us two years to get back to the type of O-line recruiting we should have been doing all along. It would give us 2 starters and a backup. Maybe even having one of the Juco OT's play guard next year as the only truly experienced player next year will be Brahm's at center after starting a few games last year. 

If we do take 3 Juco OL 1 would be an OG & battle to start there next season while the other 2 battle to start at OT..

Edited by ellitor

55 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Mikey....

tenor.gif?itemid=12096113

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mikey....

I can count, why can't you? I said we were good for 2020 and we are. I said we'd make arrangements for 2021 and beyond and we are doing that. What's the problem? The pack has nothing real to howl about? :)

• Like 3

Juco or not, we need to have a plethora of OTs coming in for the 2020 season.  I also see us possibly going to the transfer portal route to sign some OTs. If Gus somehow manages to pull off an 8-4 or 9-3 season in 2020, then we will have Gus around for a few more seasons.  I think we will have a solid 2019 season if some things fall in place with our QB, running back, and receivers corps.  It will be a brutal schedule and one that allows very little margin of error.  I think a 9-3 and possibly better season awaits us for 2019. Let the big boys on defense rumble in 2019.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UCLA trending big on crystal ball picks right now for Z.

Edited by ellitor
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, alexava said:

What does the “ O” represent? OCLA

The one & Only California- Los Angeles ...:dunno:

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on being a moderator!  You are perfect for this!

WDE!!

Doc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Doc is right, you are perfect for this, 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

UCLA likely leads big.

If we can pull in the other JUCO OT then I’d be okay with that. I don’t see much difference between the two 

Sorry if already posted somewhere, 6'7" 290 lb OT Kilian Zierer (College of the Canyons, CA) tweeting we're in his top 3 (w/ UCLA & TCU).

9 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sorry if already posted somewhere, 6'7" 290 lb OT Kilian Zierer (College of the Canyons, CA) tweeting we're in his top 3 (w/ UCLA & TCU).

He's in the 2020 class BTW.

5 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I’d be surprised if he decides on AU.  

I may have spoke too soon. Keith says Auburn may be in this more than he thought.

• Like 5