Trump’s Sinister Assault on Truth

homersapien

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, homersapien said:

Thoughtful article on how the destruction of facts represent an existential threat to our democracy.

Another essay from conservative think tanker Peter Wehner that does nothing more than show he finds President Trump offensive. 

Look to Orlando tonight. 

Guess I missed ole Pete’s scathing article about other lies, important ones, not size matters.  Keep your doctor, keep your plan, videos, gun running, 

classified materials, uranium one. Did he publish an expose’ on those? Certainly he would have as much as he cares about lies and truth. You don’t think he let a few whoppers slide by based on who the author was, do you?

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Guess I missed ole Pete’s scathing article about other lies, important ones, not size matters.  Keep your doctor, keep your plan, videos, gun running, 

classified materials, uranium one. Did he publish an expose’ on those? Certainly he would have as much as he cares about lies and truth. You don’t think he let a few whoppers slide by based on who the author was, do you?

Obama whataboutism is a pathetic response to the sort of assault on facts Dear Leader commits every single day.

(And btw, I kept my Doctor and finally got insurance thanks to the ACA.  Not sure what your point is about videos or gun running, but Obama never denied it happened.  Uranium 1 is a fabricated conspiracy myth in which Clinton played only a minor role - and again, I don't recall Obama lying about it.)

Donald Trump lies more often than you wash your hands every day

In his first 869 days as President, Donald Trump said 10,796 things that were either misleading or outright false, according to The Washington Post's Fact Checker. Do the math and you get this: The President of the United States is saying 12 untrue things a day.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/politics/donald-trump-lies-fact-check/index.html

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Another essay from conservative think tanker Peter Wehner that does nothing more than show he finds President Trump offensive. 

Look to Orlando tonight. 

Boy you really missed the point. We cannot function as a democracy without a general consensus on facts. 

But your approval of a POTUS who lies more than 12 times a day is noted.  MAGA! :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Boy you really missed the point. We cannot function as a democracy without a general consensus on facts. 

I have not missed any point. You obviously had your facts wrong the past two years. " Russia, Russia, Russia....., obstruction". 

President Trump sure connects with a huge  number of people. Evidenced last night.........you will not see any of the 28 or whatever leftist candidates able to do what he is doing.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Obama whataboutism is a pathetic response to the sort of assault on facts Dear Leader commits every single day.

(And btw, I kept my Doctor and finally got insurance thanks to the ACA.  Not sure what your point is about videos or gun running, but Obama never denied it happened.  Uranium 1 is a fabricated conspiracy myth in which Clinton played only a minor role - and again, I don't recall Obama lying about it.)

Donald Trump lies more often than you wash your hands every day

In his first 869 days as President, Donald Trump said 10,796 things that were either misleading or outright false, according to The Washington Post's Fact Checker. Do the math and you get this: The President of the United States is saying 12 untrue things a day.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/10/politics/donald-trump-lies-fact-check/index.html

The point is your boys and girls lie massively as you claim Trump does. You think Trump lying is existential to our government, but don't seem to care at all about lies the last eight years.  If you want to say Trump outlied Obama then so be it. Winning is winning. It means nothing to us that you hate Trump and count his so called lies. What is not a lie?  Obama was a useless unpatriotic America hater and muslim lover who tried his best to destroy this country to even the playing field with the world. Fail!

On 6/19/2019 at 7:08 PM, jj3jordan said:

The point is your boys and girls lie massively as you claim Trump does. You think Trump lying is existential to our government, but don't seem to care at all about lies the last eight years.  If you want to say Trump outlied Obama then so be it. Winning is winning. It means nothing to us that you hate Trump and count his so called lies. What is not a lie?  Obama was a useless unpatriotic America hater and muslim lover who tried his best to destroy this country to even the playing field with the world. Fail!

That's a great summary of the current Republican worldview: White Nationalism.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:21 PM, SaltyTiger said:

I have not missed any point. You obviously had your facts wrong the past two years. " Russia, Russia, Russia....., obstruction". 

President Trump sure connects with a huge  number of people. Evidenced last night.........you will not see any of the 28 or whatever leftist candidates able to do what he is doing.

Hitler's crowds were likewise enthusiastic.  Rabid crowds are hardly a good indicator for a qualified leader, much less a moral one.

Trump is a narcissistic psychopath.  Shame on you for swallowing it whole. 

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's a great summary of the current Republican worldview: White Nationalism.

White Nationalism?

Hitler's crowds were likewise enthusiastic.  Rabid crowds are hardly a good indicator for a qualified leader, much less a moral one.

Trump is a narcissistic psychopath.  Shame on you for swallowing it whole. 

Hitler and his crowds have nothing to do with it and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Just pointing out the obvious Homer.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:08 PM, jj3jordan said:

Careful, your not-so-latent racism is showing.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

White Nationalism?

Hitler and his crowds have nothing to do with it and I have nothing to be ashamed of. Just pointing out the obvious Homer.

Yes.  White Nationalism.

It's a short-hand way of describing Trump's general political philosophy as well as that of his supporters.

Your argument was Trump's ability to inspire enthusiastic crowds of rabid supporters somehow reflected his fitness for office.  All demagogues have exhibited that sort capability.

Considering our history, I suppose it's not surprising that there is a significant percent - maybe 25% - that would buy what Trump is selling.    Anyone who counts themselves as part of that crowd should be ashamed.  So if the shoe fits, wear it.

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Careful, your not-so-latent racism is showing.

No sir. Don’t you ever accuse me of racism. I don’t like Obama’s white half either. Equal disdain across the board. None of my comments were even remotely related to race.  But in typical Homer fashion when you lose on the facts and the history you toss the race card.  Are you a shrink by the way?

Just now, jj3jordan said:

No sir. Don’t you ever accuse me of racism. I don’t like Obama’s white half either. Equal disdain across the board. None of my comments were even remotely related to race.  But in typical Homer fashion when you lose on the facts and the history you toss the race card.  Are you a shrink by the way?

No reasonable person would call Obama a "Muslim lover" and "America hater" without a strong racist motivation for doing so. 

That sort of rhetoric is based in the racist/xenophobic thinking that it directly reflects. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No reasonable person would call Obama a "Muslim lover" and "America hater" without a strong racist motivation for doing so. 

That sort of rhetoric is based in the racist/xenophobic thinking that it directly reflects. 

It’s more accurately described as “shitgibboness”! 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

It’s more accurately described as “shitgibboness”! 

I find it ironic that such a person could even take offense at being called racist.  Hell, that's the least of their problem.  Characterizing Obama as an "unpatriotic America-hating, Muslim lover who wants to destroy America" pretty much goes beyond your basic racism and xenophobia.

Hell, beyond insanity for that matter.  Racist would be a step up for this guy.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Your argument was Trump's ability to inspire enthusiastic crowds of rabid supporters somehow reflected his fitness for office.

I have no argument. I am simply pointing out the for support President Trump. Much of it due to people like you obsessed with nothing more than destroying President Trump and belittling his supporters with every opportunity. You guys have really stepped it as far as 2020 goes Brother Homer.  

Yes.  White Nationalism.

Your way of saying that if did not like Obama you are a racist or if you like President Trump your a racist. 

Who knows what Obama loved or did not? He certainly lead the charge in the divisiveness we see today.

You could say that his presidency put Trump in the White House.    

Reminds one of the CAGW alarmist nonsense at the protest rallies and blockades. Lemmings.

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Your way of saying that if did not like Obama you are a racist or if you like President Trump your a racist. 

Who knows what Obama loved or did not? He certainly lead the charge in the divisiveness we see today.

You could say that his presidency put Trump in the White House.    

No, I am saying the white nationalism is a core aspect of Trump's message to his most ardent supporters.

Hillary Clinton put Trump in the white house, along with the continuing strength of the Tea Party/Freedom caucus crowd, who are essentially empathetic - if not outright advocates - of white nationalism.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/04/adam-serwer-madison-grant-white-nationalism/583258/

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I have no argument. I am simply pointing out the for support President Trump. Much of it due to people like you obsessed with nothing more than destroying President Trump and belittling his supporters with every opportunity. You guys have really stepped it as far as 2020 goes Brother Homer.  

Trump is big on appealing to a sense of victim-hood also.  That's another part of his message you seem to be receiving.

Of course the irony is that his faux populism simply provides cover for his plutocratic policies.  He's convinced MAGA's he's really working in their interest when the truth is the exact opposite.

Put the Kool Aid down and start reading.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/trump-populist-plutocracy-by-nouriel-roubini-2017-12?barrier=accesspaylog

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/02/01/too-bad-trump-voters-elected-a-plutocrat-masquerading-as-a-populist/?utm_term=.65848e091b6e

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-policies-offer-plutocracy-on-steroids-not-economic-populism/2018/01/09/0bc83768-f495-11e7-a9e3-ab18ce41436a_story.html?utm_term=.f6d3a7f1cd77

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1468-4446.12323

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2018/02/07/exposing-our-populist-president-naked-plutocrat

On 6/21/2019 at 4:40 PM, homersapien said:

I find it ironic that such a person could even take offense at being called racist.  Hell, that's the least of their problem.  Characterizing Obama as an "unpatriotic America-hating, Muslim lover who wants to destroy America" pretty much goes beyond your basic racism and xenophobia.

Hell, beyond insanity for that matter.  Racist would be a step up for this guy.

So you ARE a shrink?  Sorry Homer but no racism or xenophobia in me.  Also, NOT offended by your accusations. Obama garnered that praise by his own actions.  You are truly deluded if you think reading your list of Trump bashing articles would change anyone’s mind.

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Appealing to the sense of victim hood he targets the smallest and most simple minded. He has them hook line and sinker. 

25 minutes ago, alexava said:

Appealing to the sense of victim hood he targets the smallest and most simple minded. He has them hook line and sinker. 

You are so kind for weighing in on Brother Homers response to me Alex. I feel sure you parsed all required reading presented. Simple minded?

Put the Kool Aid down and start reading.

Five commentaries and or opinions to support your gibberish.  

Go down to the local coffee shop in the morning start meeting real people. 

Archived