Trump’s Sinister Assault on Truth

homersapien

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Got it. Your limit is 1475 lies. 

is it too much to think you might call some out on your side for lying.  you games seem to be ok with homie getting smeared but i am still waiting for someone on your side to call out liars on your side. homie always seems to try and argue in good faith. and you guys just laugh and make fun of him daily besides calling him a liar. but you give your side a free pass. i doubt you have the gonads to answer but i would love to hear your answer................

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is it too much to think you might call some out on your side for lying.  you games seem to be ok with homie getting smeared but i am still waiting for someone on your side to call out liars on your side. homie always seems to try and argue in good faith. and you guys just laugh and make fun of him daily besides calling him a liar. but you give your side a free pass. i doubt you have the gonads to answer but i would love to hear your answer................

Homer is very well respected by most, if not all of us. I have heard few people call him a liar and he reciprocates in a like manor. I will say that he has never called me a liar. 

You have gone a bit overboard today fifty 

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Homer is very well respected by most, if not all of us. I have heard few people call him a liar and he reciprocates in a like manor. I will say that he has never called me a liar. 

You have gone a bit overboard today fifty 

so has your side. and i do not believe homie is well respected on here at all. you laugh at him. you make fun of him. and you call him a liar.. but when someone goes at you with your own game you start crying. and none of you have yet called out anyone on the right for calling people a liar so tell me salty. why should i care? this is not a family reunion it is a political board. and the board i like the most is the smack talk one. so tell me mr salty how have i gone overboard? you going to try and get me banned because you do not like my point of view? you seldom answer ant questions so why should i take you serious? and just for the record i saw a post today where YOU called homie a liar.s it ok for you to do so but no one else. unless maybe it is on your side which you never ever disagree with no matter how blantant the lie. so tell me salty how i have gone overboard? i might not agree but i will listen.

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

No it's not.  Don't you see how ludicrous it is for Homie to eviscerate Trump for lying but his own side is guilty of massive lies just not as much?  Homie can stick up for himself. All I can do with him is point out when he pivots from discussing issues to personal attacks. That is as close to a concession as you ever het from liberals. 

What do you want called out? My side is full of liars because they have promised to make conservative changes to government but never do. I thought that would be obvious. We don't have a wall yet. I'm disappointed about that.  Just don't point out my sides lies like its terrible and ignore your sides lies like they aren't terrible.

Liars have no standing to pontificate.

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

No it's not.  Don't you see how ludicrous it is for Homie to eviscerate Trump for lying but his own side is guilty of massive lies just not as much?  Homie can stick up for himself. All I can do with him is point out when he pivots from discussing issues to personal attacks. That is as close to a concession as you ever het from liberals. 

What do you want called out? My side is full of liars because they have promised to make conservative changes to government but never do. I thought that would be obvious. We don't have a wall yet. I'm disappointed about that.  Just don't point out my sides lies like its terrible and ignore your sides lies like they aren't terrible.

i beg to differ sir. i do not lie in here and if i am wrong i will admit it.recently i said trump started the birther movement and then agreed it was hillary. maybe i smoked too much that night because i swear i saw him in the video start it and stop it. and yes most pols lie and on both sides but you are missing the point.i am talking about the people in here discussing politics. how can you have a real discussion with folks lying or telling half truths? what is the purpose? we sure are not getting anything settled. i do not consider myself an intellectual  but many here are. so tell me what good does it do if no one admits when the truth is brought forward? the day ronnie raygun ended  truth in journalism we became a mere shell of ourselves as a country. and it is a huge problem and none of the folks on your side seem to care because y'all are in office. personally i think reagan or someone close to him did it because of all the crooked crap he did in san salvador like lying to congress or supporting such a murderous regime they damn near wiped out all the priests in the country. people call bull but during that same time our own cia was flooding the ghetto's with drugs they wanted to shut the blacks up and do it low key. they also had a plan for the hippies but i  never found out what they did other than spraying poison on pot being sold to kids in america. little lies lead to big lies and they hurt the county as a whole. it is sad. so no the world is not at stake but it would be refreshing to see some honest discussion. so it is a big deal to me ok? and the fact you folks have called homie a liar( i am betting he was not the only lib called that0 and no one says a word until i started calling out some of the lies. now i am disrupt and crazy and whatever else your side can throw at me. maybe i can say it nicer. shrugs. but the truth is important. how many of you folks might be teaching your kids to lie? i bet if it is big enough they catch the devil for it. for the record i know for a fact obama lied about detroits drinking water and i have stated this on here. so when you debate and folks would rather lie than admit the truth then all you have are arguments and basically a waste of time.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i beg to differ sir. i do not lie in here and if i am wrong i will admit it.recently i said trump started the birther movement and then agreed it was hillary. maybe i smoked too much that night because i swear i saw him in the video start it and stop it. and yes most pols lie and on both sides but you are missing the point.i am talking about the people in here discussing politics. how can you have a real discussion with folks lying or telling half truths? what is the purpose? we sure are not getting anything settled. i do not consider myself an intellectual  but many here are. so tell me what good does it do if no one admits when the truth is brought forward? the day ronnie raygun ended  truth in journalism we became a mere shell of ourselves as a country. and it is a huge problem and none of the folks on your side seem to care because y'all are in office. personally i think reagan or someone close to him did it because of all the crooked crap he did in san salvador like lying to congress or supporting such a murderous regime they damn near wiped out all the priests in the country. people call bull but during that same time our own cia was flooding the ghetto's with drugs they wanted to shut the blacks up and do it low key. they also had a plan for the hippies but i  never found out what they did other than spraying poison on pot being sold to kids in america. little lies lead to big lies and they hurt the county as a whole. it is sad. so no the world is not at stake but it would be refreshing to see some honest discussion. so it is a big deal to me ok? and the fact you folks have called homie a liar( i am betting he was not the only lib called that0 and no one says a word until i started calling out some of the lies. now i am disrupt and crazy and whatever else your side can throw at me. maybe i can say it nicer. shrugs. but the truth is important. how many of you folks might be teaching your kids to lie? i bet if it is big enough they catch the devil for it. for the record i know for a fact obama lied about detroits drinking water and i have stated this on here. so when you debate and folks would rather lie than admit the truth then all you have are arguments and basically a waste of time.

You are an Auburn man and we love you for it. And from me personally, I am praying for you. WDE!

I have no problem when people point out where Trump has bent the truth or lied as I have seen cases where he has. My problem are the people pointing it out are often doing the same thing. In January many top Democrats and many main stream media people said Trump was lying about the border crisis  Now those same people are saying there is a border crisis and it is all Trump's fault. 

If those people were to say we miscalculated and there was a border crisis and we now realize it I would put more stock in  them pointing out his lies. These same people lie in other ways. When they blame Trump for not having enough beds and people to handle the huge influx of illegal immigrants but they won't pass legislation to increase funding and to provide more agents to handle it.

Trump is not a very politically savvy President ( which is why some  people like him ) and he puts his foot in his mouth a lot there is no denying that/. But he is right about so many things that many don't give him credit for. He is the first President who has stood up to China's unfair trade practices. The others both Democratic and Republican paid lip service to it but never did anything. He revoked Obama's ruling on the Dreamer's as eventually it would have gone to Supreme Court and thrown out no President can change the Law only enforce it. By doing what Trump did he put it back in the hands of Congress where it belongs. Congress during Obama's time and Trump's time has dropped the Ball in finding a fair solution for the Dreamers. By the way I basically agree with what Obama was trying to do and Trump also thinks Congress should help the Dreamers. 

The problem in our political system and the reason the Dreamers have not gotten relief is there are enough votes on both sides to get relief for the Dreamers but both sides try and tag other things onto the bill that other side doesn't want so nothing happens.  Maybe Congress should do one bill that deals with the Dreamers and nothing else and if they were to do it, I bet it would pass.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You are an Auburn man and we love you for it. And from me personally, I am praying for you. WDE!

praying for me for what? i am blunt. i have no problems with other folks being the same. i am serious and not being funny or man ok?

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I have no problem when people point out where Trump has bent the truth or lied as I have seen cases where he has. My problem are the people pointing it out are often doing the same thing. In January many top Democrats and many main stream media people said Trump was lying about the border crisis  Now those same people are saying there is a border crisis and it is all Trump's fault. 

If those people were to say we miscalculated and there was a border crisis and we now realize it I would put more stock in  them pointing out his lies. These same people lie in other ways. When they blame Trump for not having enough beds and people to handle the huge influx of illegal immigrants but they won't pass legislation to increase funding and to provide more agents to handle it.

Trump is not a very politically savvy President ( which is why some  people like him ) and he puts his foot in his mouth a lot there is no denying that/. But he is right about so many things that many don't give him credit for. He is the first President who has stood up to China's unfair trade practices. The others both Democratic and Republican paid lip service to it but never did anything. He revoked Obama's ruling on the Dreamer's as eventually it would have gone to Supreme Court and thrown out no President can change the Law only enforce it. By doing what Trump did he put it back in the hands of Congress where it belongs. Congress during Obama's time and Trump's time has dropped the Ball in finding a fair solution for the Dreamers. By the way I basically agree with what Obama was trying to do and Trump also thinks Congress should help the Dreamers. 

The problem in our political system and the reason the Dreamers have not gotten relief is there are enough votes on both sides to get relief for the Dreamers but both sides try and tag other things onto the bill that other side doesn't want so nothing happens.  Maybe Congress should do one bill that deals with the Dreamers and nothing else and if they were to do it, I bet it would pass.

i disagree with trump and the border crisis but your honesty is refreshing. bless you............sincerely.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

praying for me for what? i am blunt. i have no problems with other folks being the same. i am serious and not being funny or man ok?

Praying that you seek truth and rely not on an echo chamber destined to divide us.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Praying that you seek truth and rely not on an echo chamber destined to divide us.

i am not trying to divide anyone. surely you can see many are too often less than honest? i am sure it is both side but i rarely read many on the lefts posts unless they are really short. and i know i am blunt to the point where folks think i am angry all the time but i am not. but man i am so frustrated with lies anymore.i admit getting frustrated. i guess it is a patience thing. and plus depending on the lie i sometimes feel a lie is an insult to the other persons intelligence. but thanx for the prayers. i will return them as well.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not trying to divide anyone. surely you can see many are too often less than honest? i am sure it is both side but i rarely read many on the lefts posts unless they are really short. and i know i am blunt to the point where folks think i am angry all the time but i am not. but man i am so frustrated with lies anymore.i admit getting frustrated. i guess it is a patience thing. and plus depending on the lie i sometimes feel a lie is an insult to the other persons intelligence. but thanx for the prayers. i will return them as well.

Never said you were trying to divide anyone. Just saying seek truth and step outside a biased echo chamber that conforms to your thought process. Wise advice to anyone, not just you.

Thanks for the prayers. Never reject them.

41 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In January many top Democrats and many main stream media people said Trump was lying about the border crisis  Now those same people are saying there is a border crisis and it is all Trump's fault. 

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

motherjones.com

Donald Trump created the crisis at the border

Malcolm Harris

blog_zuma_border_asylum.jpg?w=990

Mani Albrecht/U.S. Customs and Border Protection via ZUMA

I haven’t seen anyone make an argument about immigration that seems kind of obvious to me—and, I suspect, to President Trump himself. Here it is.

Up until 2017, illegal immigration across the southern border was fine. It had been decreasing for years; it was at historically low levels; and there were no regular caravans of asylum seekers coming up from Guatemala. The first of the recent caravans began in 2018, and at first they seemed like the ones we had seen before from time to time: they started with a few thousand people and then shrunk as they got farther north. By the time they reached the US border, they were modest in size and created only modest problems.

But then, later in 2018, as Election Day approached, Trump suddenly went bananas. There were armies of migrants marching toward our border! Mexico has to stop it! Build the wall!

But this backfired. Not only did Republicans get walloped at the polls, but Trump’s constant howling acted as a great marketing campaign for the caravans. Instead of scaring migrants away, he made them more aware of asylum as a way of escaping from their country. The result was more caravans than ever before, and eventually, enough people at the border that we really did have something of a crisis on our hands. But it’s a crisis mostly of Trump’s own making. He decided that yelling about the brown hordes was more useful than making a deal of some kind with Democrats, and the result was more families seeking asylum than ever before.

I suspect that Trump understands this at a gut level. The migrant crisis happened on Trump’s watch. Presidents get blamed for stuff that happens on their watch. So Trump is taking the blame for the migrant crisis. He can squawk forever about Democrats not being willing to build his wall, but in the end he owns the migrant crisis and the public will hold him to account for it. I think that’s fair, since I suspect that putting immigration front and center for the past two years has largely caused the crisis. But even if you disagree, it doesn’t matter. Trump is president. Fair or not, he takes the blame. He knows this, and it panics him.

Trump himself, of course, is too dimwitted to think of any solution other than getting even louder and tougher. That’s not likely to work, but it’s his only play.

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

politico.com

Yes, There’s a Crisis on the Border. And It’s Trump’s Fault.

By ALAN BERSIN, NATE BRUGGEMAN and BEN ROHRBAUGH

Migrants wait for a ride at the toll in San Marcos, on the Mexico City-Puebla highway, in Mexico, on November 5, 2018.

RODRIGO ARANGUA/AFP/Getty Images

Law And Order

Instead of wasting his time on a wall, the president should fix the asylum system.

Donald Trump has made border security and immigration enforcement a rallying cry of his campaign and the centerpiece of his presidency. But now, as the effects of his immigration policies have become measurable, it is clear to us—three people who have worked on the issue in previous administrations—that Trump is the worst president for border security in the last 30 years.

The border is currently overwhelmed with increasing numbers of migrants, in particular Central American asylum seekers. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has reported that 66,450 persons were apprehended between the ports of entry in February, the highest monthly total in a decade. Projections for March are even worse—exceeding 100,000—with experts concerned that monthly totals could exceed 150,000 in the coming months. CBP is reassigning officers from the ports of entry, which are critically understaffed, to help Border Patrol with the crush. CBP Commissioner Kevin McAleenan has said the immigration system on the border is at “the breaking point.” In response, the president threatened to close the border altogether to legal crossings, a threat he walked back on Thursday and replaced with a “one-year warning” to Mexico.

Story Continued Below

Despite the administration’s attempts to shift blame for the chaos, make no mistake: It is Donald Trump himself who is responsible. Through misguided policies, political stunts and a failure of leadership, the president has created the conditions that allowed the asylum problem at the border to explode into a crisis. The solution to our current border troubles lies in reforming the U.S. asylum system and immigration courts and helping Central America address its challenges—not in a “big beautiful” wall or shutting down the border. Yet effective action on these issues has been missing. And the president has now so poisoned the political well with his approach that there is little hope of meaningful congressional action until after the next election. Unless the administration changes course, the immigration crisis will only continue to worsen.

In fiscal year 2017, the last year of the Obama administration and the first of Trump’s, 303,916 migrants were arrested by the Border Patrol. This was the lowest level in more than three decades. The Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations had worked hard to tackle the problem of illegal migration through substantial increases in border security staffing, improvements in technology, innovations in strategy and improved security coordination and assistance to Mexico. Coupled with improved economic conditions in Mexico, these administrations were hugely successful in deterring and breaking the cycle of illegal crossing: Unlawful Mexican economic immigration, which had historically been the primary immigration enforcement issue at the border, dropped nearly 90 percent between 2000 and 2016.

But the nature of undocumented immigration to the U.S. has changed. Today, it is primarily driven not by Mexican economic migrants—and not by a flood of criminals, as Trump claims—but rather by large numbers of families and minors from Central America who are seeking political asylum. Although this issue first rose to public attention in 2014, the influx then was only a fraction of what it is today. The Department of Homeland Security estimates that triple the number of 2017 apprehensions—more than 900,000—will occur at the southern border in 2019. Many of those will be migrants seeking asylum, and they will descend on a border and immigration court system ill-equipped to handle those claims.

Of course, the president did not create the conditions in Central America that have driven migrants north. But his obsession with the wall, along with a series of other misguided policies, have severely hampered the U.S. government’s response to this flood. The wall has become a profound distraction and waste of time for policymakers and agency leadership as other solutions that would prove far more useful to our real immigration problems have gone neglected.

Virtually all of the desperate families from Central America who seek asylum, whether entitled to protection or not, are permitted to remain indefinitely in the United Sates while awaiting formal adjudication of their claims. These claims cannot be processed fairly, quickly and efficiently, as the immigration courts face a backlog of nearly a million cases. In fiscal year 2018, less than 15 percent of applicants from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador were granted asylum, but only 1.5 percent of Central American family units apprehended in 2017 have been deported. The rest have, so far, stayed. In other words, Trump, a president fixated on stopping illegal immigration, has presided over a dramatic increase in the numbers of undocumented immigrants living in the U.S.

It is a system that was almost designed to be exploited. Smugglers and migrant advocacy organizations like Pueblo Sin Fronteras are encouraging distressed families from Central America to travel north through Mexico, surrender to U.S. officials at the border and ask for political asylum. The ability to stay and work in the United States for years as their claims plod through the immigration court system is a powerful inducement to come here. Since the Trump administration has done so little to speed up the processing of claims, it is likely that these families will be staying in the U.S. for years. Indeed, the president’s government shutdown over the border wall only worsened the immigration court backlog.

The president’s wall is, in other words, unmoored from operational reality. A wall will not make Central America a better place to live. A wall will not stop asylum seekers from coming to the United States and being able to claim asylum. A wall will not address, let alone fix, the issues with America’s asylum system and immigration courts. The president’s attacks on Mexico and Central America, coupled with the lack of a coherent strategy for the region, have made harder the already difficult work of addressing the underlying drivers of illegal migration from Central America. Instead of working to address these problems, the president has actively made the problem worse by redirecting resources and attention to his irrelevant wall, antagonizing the people he needs to partner with to actually solve immigration problems, exacerbating backlogs and resource shortages by shutting down the government and announcing enforcement measures that cannot be sustained and which result in increasing numbers of migrants calling his bluffs.

The president may want to implement harsh border security policies, but he has faltered on the basics of governing. The administration has failed at the fundamental tasks of coordinating its plans with the relevant agencies and working through the hard problems of implementation. For instance, the administration’s “zero tolerance” policy of prosecuting illegal border-crossers wasted scarce prosecutorial and detention resources and could never be operationally sustained. The family separation policy—a stain on America’s moral authority—was not vetted and coordinated within the government, leading to confused implementation that still has not been resolved. Instead, DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, to preserve her position, has been reduced to a yes woman, kowtowing to every pronouncement the president makes. The enduring images of the secretary’s tenure have been her lame denials of a family separation policy and lockstep support of the president’s wall demands, even as many in her department worked without pay during the shutdown. The professionals who know what it takes to solve the problem are not consulted but rather relegated to following orders.

Trump made stopping illegal immigration his signature issue. It is time to acknowledge that he has failed miserably—so we can start thinking about how to clean up the mess he has made.

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

making a deal of some kind with Democrats,

Dems want no deal. They oppose the orange man at the peril of America. Not complicated.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Dems want no deal. They oppose the orange man at the peril of America. Not complicated.

how many times have has trump reneged on deals he made with congress? trump probably wants billions for his wall in his bill with the immigrants and the polls said the majority did not want a wall. what i can tell you is with his track record i refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt. and i would remind you to watch other news besides fox and you might learn something. i have yet to see you say anything that was not partisan........

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

how many times have has trump reneged on deals he made with congress? trump probably wants billions for his wall in his bill with the immigrants and the polls said the majority did not want a wall. what i can tell you is with his track record i refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt. and i would remind you to watch other news besides fox and you might learn something. i have yet to see you say anything that was not partisan........

Doing right by America is not partisan. Something lost on my liberal friends of late.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you going to try and get me banned because you do not like my point of view? you seldom answer ant questions so why should i take you serious? and just for the record i saw a post today where YOU called homie a liar.

No one is trying to get you banned fifty. Rest assured that Brother Homer will present all evidence of me calling him a "liar".

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

"My side" is nowhere equivalent to the new "normal" Trump has created regarding lying.  Not even remotely close.

I have to believe that somewhere, deep down, you know that's true.

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Doing right by America is not partisan. Something lost on my liberal friends of late.

Doing right by "Trump" is most definitely partisan.  Cultish even.

Trump doesn't give a s*** about the country.  Otherwise he wouldn't take Putin's word over our own intelligence agencies.

When are you folks going to finally wake up about Trump?

13 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In January many top Democrats and many main stream media people said Trump was lying about the border crisis  Now those same people are saying there is a border crisis and it is all Trump's fault. 

Aw man, not you too.

There wasn't a crisis. There is now because Trump started rounding up people he doesn't have the resources to deal with. It's not complicated. It shouldn't be Congress's responsibility to clean up his mess but they will have to now.

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

The president may want to implement harsh border security policies, but he has faltered on the basics of governing. The administration has failed at the fundamental tasks of coordinating its plans with the relevant agencies and working through the hard problems of implementation. For instance, the administration’s “zero tolerance” policy of prosecuting illegal border-crossers wasted scarce prosecutorial and detention resources and could never be operationally sustained. The family separation policy—a stain on America’s moral authority—was not vetted and coordinated within the government, leading to confused implementation that still has not been resolved. Instead, DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, to preserve her position, has been reduced to a yes woman, kowtowing to every pronouncement the president makes. The enduring images of the secretary’s tenure have been her lame denials of a family separation policy and lockstep support of the president’s wall demands, even as many in her department worked without pay during the shutdown. The professionals who know what it takes to solve the problem are not consulted but rather relegated to following orders.

Trump made stopping illegal immigration his signature issue. It is time to acknowledge that he has failed miserably—so we can start thinking about how to clean up the mess he has made.

This administration in a nutshell. 

13 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

When they blame Trump for not having enough beds and people to handle the huge influx of illegal immigrants but they won't pass legislation to increase funding and to provide more agents to handle it.

Oh, also, about this. The proposed funding isn't even earmarked for things like beds or toothpaste or diapers. And it's got other dependencies- "closing loopholes"- attached to it. So yeah, on this the GOP is doing exactly what you complained about later in your post. They're using the folks they're rounding up at the border as poker chips to try to push through other legislation. 

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

hey holla when you can say something good about the libs ok? partison must not be what you think it is........lol

Archived